If you had a safety net + time...

Really depends on your individual skillset and interests but for the most opportunity to work easily online, you would want to become a good programmer. Highly in-demand skills with a ton of companies willing to hire you remotely.

I feel like you have to have a special mind to become good at programming. I know a couple people and their minds/IQs are higher than the normal person. Maybe that's an excuse, but I think there's a lot more truth in that then people are willing to admit.

You can finish this in an afternoon bro

Becoming-_Jewish3-e1319229826852.jpg
{<jordan}

Learn to weld and move to Vermont. I can do bjj 2-3 times a week in Connecticut or Massachusetts and just fade away in peace.

I feel like you have to have a special mind to become good at programming. I know a couple people and their minds/IQs are higher than the normal person. Maybe that's an excuse, but I think there's a lot more truth in that then people are willing to admit.

That is true, which is why I said it depends on your individual skillset and interests. You need to know your own strengths and excel at something.

For example, graphic design is a horrible field to be in for online work as the market is flooded. Even moderate professionals online struggle to compete. If you are shit hot though, you can do very well (you need to be that 1% talent in the market).

The interesting thing about online is that the barrier to entry is low and you can do it anywhere, but that also means that you are competing against a much larger pool of people for work/business. It changes the dynamic and value of your work, essentially bottoming out the low-medium side of things as valueless. Why hire someone new or average when you can hire someone in India or Philippines online who will work for a fraction of the cost?

This is why you need to be high end and be VERY good and specialized at what you do. To bring this back to programming, this is part of the reason programming is still a very valuable commodity. To be good, you do need a special mind for it or to put in ALOT of hard work. You aren't going to be competing with some random guy in Bangledesh who just installed photoshop. Anyone can learn to program, and you don't need to be the best programmer in the world to work online, like you need to be the best graphic designer for example.

Surely you have skills and expertise in your current job that could translate online in some way. For example, I have a friend who was a lawyer. He decided to open a virtual law office to work online. He travels around and gives low cost law advice and contracts to small businesses and digital nomads that he meets along the way. He is actually doing very well for himself now (8-10k a month). Business is hard, and business online can be even harder. Forget safety nets and time, you got to earn that shit as nobody is going to give it to you for free.

Learn blacksmithing and bladesmithing ans then probably imrprove my carpentry skills with a solid workshop.

Carpentry and Masonry.
Carpentry (specifically in building my own furniture)

Learning as many languages as I can
Learn blacksmithing and bladesmithing ans then probably imrprove my carpentry skills with a solid workshop.

local community colleges have carpentry classes for really cheap, the one nearby me (OCC) has furniture classes where so far ive just had free access to a shitload of expensive equipment. i've been doing the project were supposed to do, but also been building stuff with the guidance of a teacher

just saying that its a good option for carpentry. i looked online and tons of colleges have it, most classes are in custom cabinetry because thats where the jobs are. but there are furniture making ones since it also meets arts requirements

local community colleges have carpentry classes for really cheap, the one nearby me (OCC) has furniture classes where so far ive just had free access to a shitload of expensive equipment. i've been doing the project were supposed to do, but also been building stuff with the guidance of a teacher

just saying that its a good option for carpentry. i looked online and tons of colleges have it, most classes are in custom cabinetry because thats where the jobs are. but there are furniture making ones since it also meets arts requirements

Thanks. Been watching a ton of carpentry stuff on YouTube.

I'd also like to add Gunsmithing to my list of things to learn.

Back