If you had to live on one ethnic food...

It's a doner kebab bro. I think in N. America they're called Donair's and they look more like this:

NpGEI40.jpg

our doners are shit. they're at least nothing like the ones you guys have in europe. they were fucking heaven after going bar-hopping lol.

I wonder how many people picking an ethnic food have actually eaten the food in the country of origin and not the Americanized versions.

It’s all much much different overseas.

I honestly could live on any of it indefinitely as I’ve traveled all over and ate local foods for months on end.

my coworker was in thailand earlier this year, and he said he preferred it over there a lot more than here in the states. he mentioned that the thai food here in the u.s. is too sweet, and the meat especially is a lot better, because it's as fresh as it can get.

Going there in January. Trying to get reservations to restaurant Andre but it’s tough.

Any good places I should check out? Want chicken rice and chili crab, and any other good local foods. . Been to no signboard and the one on no reservations. Hopefully you have good street food/hawker stand recommendations.

@Doughbelly

http://ricetable.com.sg/

The entirety of Chinese cuisine? No brainer.

my coworker was in thailand earlier this year, and he said he preferred it over there a lot more than here in the states. he mentioned that the thai food here in the u.s. is too sweet, and the meat especially is a lot better, because it's as fresh as it can get.

I don’t agree with that statement in its entirety.

I prefer thi food in Thailand but I prefer street food in Malaysia typically more than in Thailand.

A lot of street vendors in Thailand cook up lots of food at a time and let it sit until someone orders it and won’t cook fresh until
They run out. Some will on request cook fresh for you but some won’t.

More Malaysian street vendors cook to order so it’s alot fresher.

Crab and prawn and other stuff sitting cold in a styrofoam box on the side can get unfresh quick.

Piggybacking off the rice cooker thread. I could live on Spanish food the rest of my life if I had to. Not Mexican, but Puerto Rican style.

Greek- family friends are from Greece and every year they have all of our families over and we feast and have an awesome evening. Fucking love their food
Or
Hawaiian- poke, poi, seafood, fruits and veggies, rice, various proteins, and of course spam.

I eat Mexican food just about every day already

Back