If you live in Broward County, Fl don't wait for the police to save you

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building

Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. It's unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

Seems Broward County has some housecleaning to do. Wonder how many of the kids killed were shot while they sat outside? Good thing some real police officers showed up and decided to go in and actually attempt to stop the guy.

Seems like they really did need more citizens with guns. The police are cowards.

His annual salary in 2016 was $75,673.72 as a deputy.

Probably harder to be a hero making bank. Got soft

Just wanted to get home to their families.

Not being cheeky this time, I totally get it. If I only had a pistol I wouldn't like my chances against a kid with an AR-15.

Then again if you're a cop at a school seems like this scenario is exactly what you're there for so if you're not going to intervene why be there at all?

Not being cheeky this time, I totally get it. If I only had a pistol I wouldn't like my chances against a kid with an AR-15.

Then again if you're a cop at a school seems like this scenario is exactly what you're there for so if you're not going to intervene why be there at all?
Surprised the three officers that arrived didn't have a rifle among them in one of their vehicles.

Going to be some interesting and hard questions asked of the Broward County Sheriff's Dept. in the coming days and weeks I bet. Wonder if those other three will resign like Peterson did?

Going to be some interesting and hard questions asked of the Broward County Sheriff's Dept. in the coming days and weeks I bet. Wonder if those other three will resign like Peterson did?
Plus, weren't they the ones who had been called to the kid's house 26 times or something?

It's been an interesting year to see white people realize shit that every minority in America has been trying to explain for a while now. Yes, false sexual assault accusations happen a lot. Yes, sometimes elections won't go your way. No, the cops won't always risk themselves to save you. They may even arrest or kill you on some bullshit.

Plus, weren't they the ones who had been called to the kid's house 26 times or something?
I believe so. Apparently the issue with the whole calling the police to the home of the family that had taken him in was that although the family called for assistance, they refused to press charges against him when officers arrived so I guess they just went on their way till the next time the family called, and the next time, and the next time...

It's been an interesting year to see white people realize shit that every minority in America has been trying to explain for a while now. Yes, false sexual assault accusations happen a lot. Yes, sometimes elections won't go your way. No, the cops won't always risk themselves to save you. They may even arrest or kill you on some bullshit.
The racism in this post is astonishing.

The racism in this post is astonishing.

Lol. It's racist to imply that there are some things about America that white people, in general, are just becoming aware of?

Is it also racist to say that white people drive like this, but black people drive like this ?

I believe so. Apparently the issue with the whole calling the police to the home of the family that had taken him in was that although the family called for assistance, they refused to press charges against him when officers arrived so I guess they just went on their way till the next time the family called, and the next time, and the next time...
Seems like maybe a new file could be kept for troubled young men like this. I'm sure parents and caregivers are almost always reluctant to press charges against their kids. They should track the calls into a database and then have it parse out when you get to a high enough number of visits within a certain timeframe.

Then, officers would take a deeper dive into the situation, order a psychological profile paid for by the state(obviously a small price to pay for catching these people before they strike). I hope that law enforcement is looking at ways they can improve here as well.

This really was a total fail.

Lol. It's racist to imply that there are some things about America that white people, in general, are just becoming aware of?

Is it also racist to say that white people drive like this, but black people drive like this ?
Yes, but not racist to point out that Asians drive like that, that's pretty well established by now.

Seems like maybe a new file could be kept for troubled young men like this. I'm sure parents and caregivers are almost always reluctant to press charges against their kids. They should track the calls into a database and then have it parse out when you get to a high enough number of visits within a certain timeframe.

Then, officers would take a deeper dive into the situation, order a psychological profile paid for by the state(obviously a small price to pay for catching these people before they strike). I hope that law enforcement is looking at ways they can improve here as well.

This really was a total fail.
Given how this story keeps unfolding, I wonder what other revelations will come to light about the situation.

How do you know it's an AR15 if you never go inside to see it?

<seedat>

Back