If you live in Broward County, Fl don't wait for the police to save you

Maybe each student should be issued a standard bulletproof police shield, which they'll carry on their little backs on top of their backpack - ready to deploy at the first sign of a mass shooting. It'll be like a rite of passage, when you turn 6 you get your first police shield, a great memory. It weighs about 15 lbs so they'll get swole too, we'd be fixing the childhood obesity problem at the same time. When a shooting happens they can immediately get into the testudo formation their teacher will have taught them. This'll give the teacher enough time to run and get their special issue teacher assault rifle. The teacher rifle will have psychedelic flames on each side so the sacredly-cat liberal teacher can feel less intimidated and more courageous when trying to kill the mass murderer. The teacher goes under the testudo, pokes the little barrel of the rifle out, and then dakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakka. The shooter is dead. Then after the shooting the kids can go show their friends in the other classes the bullet indentations in their police shields, they'll get massive cool points. "Check out my shield's bullet indents, brah." "Woah, not fair, mine's only a plain-skin."

I thought they weren't obligated to serve or to protect.
Legally speaking I believe so, as in they can't be prosecuted for failing to serve and protect. However, I certainly feel like the hesitancy we saw from the officers goes against the spirit of the job(i.e. to serve and protect).

Maybe each student should be issued a standard bulletproof police shield, which they'll carry on their little backs on top of their backpack - ready to deploy at the first sign of a mass shooting. It'll be like a rite of passage, when you turn 6 you get your first police shield, a great memory. It weighs about 15 lbs so they'll get swole too, we'd be fixing the childhood obesity problem at the same time. When a shooting happens they can immediately get into the testudo formation their teacher will have taught them. This'll give the teacher enough time to run and get their special issue teacher assault rifle. The teacher rifle will have psychedelic flames on each side so the sacredly-cat liberal teacher can feel less intimidated and more courageous when trying to kill the mass murderer. The teacher goes under the testudo, pokes the little barrel of the rifle out, and then dakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakka. The shooter is dead. Then after the shooting the kids can go show their friends in the other classes the bullet indentations in their police shields, they'll get massive cool points. "Check out my shield's bullet indents, brah." "Woah, not fair, mine's only a plain-skin."
main-qimg-c37a7be9163ccb4527162b30cc714a24

Personally, I find our lack of phalanx education amongst children to be sad. What better way to learn teamwork and inclusiveness than with a classic?

So you started your paragraph by talking about poor white people, but then suddenly shifted in the next sentence without deliberately declaring an alteration to that named group by pronouncing poor "of all races" succumb to this? "If you want me to criticize poor whites, I can". Stops there. Full thought. Goes on to criticize the poor, but really means "all races".

Who do you think is stupid enough to buy this?

How could I criticize poor whites without criticizing all races? Is there anything unique about poor whites to criticize that doesn't apply to poor Americans of all races?

If there were really 4 men on scene, and they didn't go in, that's unconscionable. I want charges pressed against them. Fuck that.

If people thought this idiotic post was so great why would it not apply to 4 people? Same principle, just 4 times the the amount of potential bloodshed.

"His involvement could have caused more bloodshed anyways, since he would have to locate the shooter and engage him in a densely populated school, and perhaps even elongate the spree.

The entire premise of this cop having this job and fulfilling that responsibility is asinine. A lot of cops would probably do the same thing in the shock of the moment. The idea that the introduction of a minimally armed officer is going to lessen death counts in the aggregate is silly.

That man has to live the rest of his life knowing that he stood idly by while children were massacred.
I mean...I doubt he was ever thrilled about. A lot of people don't realize they're cowards until an actual situation like his."

Trotsky, Yesterday at 2:31 PM

LIKE + QUOTE REPLY
Turtle Up, PolishHeadlock, ShinkanPo and 6 others like this.

How could I criticize poor whites without criticizing all races?
By not specifying "poor whites".
Is there anything unique about poor whites to criticize that doesn't apply to poor Americans of all races?
According to you, yes, as that is the clear indication of the language you used.

Legally speaking I believe so, as in they can't be prosecuted for failing to serve and protect. However, I certainly feel like the hesitancy we saw from the officers goes against the spirit of the job(i.e. to serve and protect).
Agreed.

I can't imagine living with myself if I were these cops. Huddling behind cars while kids were being slaughtered and being the only one equipped to help? There's a special place in hell for these cowards. Fuck em.

I wonder if armed teachers would have behaved in such a manner?

Lol. It's racist to imply that there are some things about America that white people, in general, are just becoming aware of?

Is it also racist to say that white people drive like this, but black people drive like this ?

In terms of sheer numbers, I'd bet more white folks have experienced cops being shitbags than black folks. But just like the rest of the poor demographic, their voices never gain much traction.

By not specifying "poor whites".

According to you, yes, as that is the clear indication of the language you used.

Madmick: You clearly hate poodles, you bigot.

Leagon: I wasn't criticizing poodles, but if you really want me to, here's something: All dogs are shit.

Madmick: See? There it is. You hate poodles.

At the end of the day what we know about this event is multiple points of failure allowed this disturbed young man to kill many of his former classmates. Our standards failed when his aggression wasn't satisfactorily dealt with prior to his expulsion. It failed at the point of his expulsion when appropriate psychiatric counselling apparently wasn't provided to deal with the emotional issues he so obviously had. It failed again on numerous points when he again wasn't provided appropriate counselling at any point after the family that took him felt compelled to call law enforcement because of his actions, threats or combinations of both.

It all culminated in him walking into that school with a weapon he had no business possessing given his issues and killing multiple youths. During that period the security provided for the school failed its function. Whether from cowardice or an over developed sense of self-preservation the officer on site failed. Then when reinforcements arrived in the persons of three more officers again security measures failed as they refused to go into the school and engage the kid in an effort to save lives.

It took the arrival of at least four, possibly five more officers before any sort of action was undertaken to stop the slaughter and even then, the original four officers didn't go into the school to assist.

Those are such catastrophic failures at so many points in the chain of events that led to the shootings that the arguments around him having an AR are almost pointless. Every adult, with the acception of the officers that actually went in to the school, that had a direct impact on or responsibility for that kid failed him and failed the students and adults he was able to kill.

This does not mean armed security is useless. You just need personnel who are willing to engage, and have check points for anyone entering and coming near with pat downs, and body scans.

It would also help to have CT cameras and someone manning them to relay info to a cop on premise. So at least he knows what and where, instead of just panicking and hiding in a corner hoping for ambush attempt.

It's been an interesting year to see white people realize shit that every minority in America has been trying to explain for a while now. Yes, false sexual assault accusations happen a lot. Yes, sometimes elections won't go your way. No, the cops won't always risk themselves to save you. They may even arrest or kill you on some bullshit.

Lol. This is a pretty stupid post, whose creator pays less attention to his countrymen than someone halfheartedly watching from another continent.
Congrats on your lack of awareness :)

I'm black. Your hockey analogies are lost on me.

Congratulations.
Thats all you had to say to answer his hockey question, it sums up the whole why those idiots got booted from the Hawks game, and what they said really meant. hehe

Training. Training. Training.

Sounds to me like the guy heard gunshots and had no idea wtf to do.

Where I live, trust in the police is around 0%. They might not even show up if you call, or it takes half an hour. Meanwhile you got your ass kicked or whatever. Bad PR.

I've had contact with cops who were decent and professional though.

Seems like maybe a new file could be kept for troubled young men like this. I'm sure parents and caregivers are almost always reluctant to press charges against their kids. They should track the calls into a database and then have it parse out when you get to a high enough number of visits within a certain timeframe.

Then, officers would take a deeper dive into the situation, order a psychological profile paid for by the state(obviously a small price to pay for catching these people before they strike). I hope that law enforcement is looking at ways they can improve here as well.

This really was a total fail.

Police do track calls. And I have a hard time believing that the agencies that responded to his house that many times did not realize there was a problem in the making. Geographical policing requires commanders to be assigned to an area, and they are held responsible for what happens in that area. I am a district commander, and one of my duties is to present a report every two weeks about crime trends and potential issues in my district. Then you have to solve that issue. If there was a residence that got that many calls, I would be up the family’s ass to get the issues solved. I would take it as a fail on my part, if my officers were called to that house that many times and nothing was done. I routinely go to the assessor’s office to find out property owners, then let them know if they are renting to a problem. I get up their ass until they evict the problem, then i make sure they move to another district.

In this case, you have to pressure the family to get the kid into counseling. If that does not work, and you are there for threats or he is out of control, you file charges and deal with it that way. But the point is, you deal with the problem.

Name and shame
Actually, that serves no purpose whatsoever and just solicits death threats and harassments that their families will have to deal with as well. Remove them from their current positions and make sure that their service record reflects the reason for their termination. There was opportunity for them to attempt to redeem their actions by going in with the other officers. By choosing not to do so they only compounded the grievance against them. Additionally, having failed in such a spectacular fashion when children were in danger there is really isn't a way for them to redeem themselves in the eyes of their community. Who would trust them to not freeze again? Who would trust them enough to place the safety of themselves and their families in the hands of these officers?

Back