If you want to become a big star, keep fighting (Mickey Gall)

p4pgoat

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
“If you want to become a big star, keep fighting. If you’re a young guy, who’s healthy enough to fight all of the time, I absolutely advise it. Do it. What you don’t want to do is put on a great performance and disappear because people forget real quickly.” - Dana White

Dana recently said this during the UFC 230 post-fight interview (when speaking about Israel Adesanya), and I started thinking about Mickey Gall. The guy stormed on to the scene when he called out CM Punk and then went on to submit Sage Northcutt towards the end of 2016.

Since then he's fought twice in two years with a decision loss to Randy Brown in 2017 and a pretty impressive win against George Sullivan (who?) a few months ago. I thought this guy had all of the makings to be a big star, but due to his inactivity and just dumb call outs of guys like Dan Hardy and Diego Sanchez, he's pretty much disappeared into oblivion. If I'm not mistaken, his last bout was on FS2.

Any idea what's next for this guy?

ba9725b757e85f55e9b9c60f0c22be8e_crop_exact.jpg

He's not that good. He's not talented like israel, zabit etc..

Gall fought last on August 25, less than three months ago. Won by first round sub.

Give him someone like Carlo Pedersoli, Chance Rencountre, Luke Jumeau, Luan Chagas, Geoff Neal, or a debuting fighter from the Contender Series.

Never like this guy. He wanted to feed off the fame of washed up fighters and famous rookies. He'll be the CB Dollaway of WW now, and I'm being kind because CB is better.

but due to his inactivity and just dumb call outs of guys like Dan Hardy and Diego Sanchez, he's pretty much disappeared into oblivion.

He disappeared not because of his inactivity and definitely not because of his callouts.
He disappeared because no one was interested in him personally. Wins over famous fighters don't make you famous.

Plus, his callout of CM Punk was as staged as it could be. They just went to this regional show and asked the winner of his fight with Templeton to call out CM Punk on the microphone.
That was crystal clear

I think he should fight another young proespect like Matt Hughes or Pat Miletich next........

Plus, his callout of CM Punk was as staged as it could be. They just went to this regional show and asked the winner of his fight with Templeton to call out CM Punk on the microphone.
That was crystal clear
I don't know - back then everybody was calling out CM Punk. Not on mic, mostly on social media, and we all know Dana doesn't read twitter, (unless it's mean comments about him).

Mickey Gall is literally the worst thing to ever happen to MMA

Gall fought last on August 25, less than three months ago. Won by first round sub.

Give him someone like Carlo Pedersoli, Chance Rencountre, Luke Jumeau, Luan Chagas, Geoff Neal, or a debuting fighter from the Contender Series.
Geoff Neal would kick Galls head off

Pretty sure he's just taking his time to work on his skills. Rushing into your next fight is fine if you don't have much left to learn, but if you're young and still learning, taking your time to properly develop your skills is the right call. Losing often isn't how you become a big star.

Yeah, let us get real: he was hand selected to fight CM Punk, who is without doubt the worst fighter in the history of the UFC.

you say it like its a bad thing. He only had a fight or 2 in total. It was a perfect situation for both parties involved and he absolutely destroyed him. Hes a legit grappler who is learning on the fly how to be a mixed martial artist. i seen a video where hes training in california with joe schilling and a legit camp. Dont expect him to go away as he is only going to get better.

Was there live for that. Was a pretty damn good sub...
1CF12BDA-336F-4991-9BBE-8E096079CE4B.jpeg

Bullshit. If you want to be a big star DO NOT keep fighting Mickey Gall - that actually won't get you far.

I'm surprised these guys don't fight 10 times a year since most of them make crap and have to get a regular full time job in order to live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back