If you were given the chance to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr., how are you going to beat him?

I would simply "BRING THE FIGHT TO HIM". Unlike his previous 50 opponents, Im actually smart eno8gh to know this is how you beat him. I'm on my 4tg beer.

In boxing yeah. In a fight I don’t know. Plus I said a wrestler my size I’m 250 pounds.
Even slower.
Floyd would hit you in your stomach and you would fall over.

key to beating Floyd and giving the Philly shell style hell is to stay behind a consistent jab, and don't get discouraged throwing it even after eating a few clean pull-counters. 1-2-1's all day.

Oscar would have most likely beaten Floyd had he not abandoned his jab halfway through the fight due to Floyd starting to time it.

Of course even with the most perfect plan against Floyd, everyone has one of those until they get punched in the..

key to beating Floyd and giving the Philly shell style hell is to stay behind a consistent jab, and don't get discouraged throwing it even after eating a few clean pull-counters. 1-2-1's all day.

Oscar would have most likely beaten Floyd had he not abandoned his jab halfway through the fight due to Floyd starting to time it.

Of course even with the most perfect plan against Floyd, everyone has one of those until they get punched in the..

This 100%. Oscar was IMO the closest who came to beating him. Throw the jab all fight long and don't stop. He was winning until he stopped jabbing.

A good jab. Castillo, DLH, Maidana all had success with it. You need to be able to time his 2. Plus some good inside fighting. Don't try to put him away with one punch and tire out.

I'd try to out-defense him and try to counter all night...

A relentless jab, the ability to change pace, and approach, the moment Floyd adjusts. Don't be predictable, don't chase him. Keep adjusting and changing all fight while sneaking some power punches in. Bait the bait he has setting for you. Follow the jab wth a straight when he's comfortable pull-countering on you. Don't let him dictate the fight, make him chase you, keep him working to adjust to all the changes you're making, hopefully by round 12 you might have a round up on him. All that goes out the window if he decides to walk you down and come get you, NOW you can fight the fight that might get him outta there.

- Southpaw stance.
- Step on his toe and punch/push him in the chest to knock him down.

A)
- If ref starts counting...yay.
- Once ref finishes the mandatory count to 8, go crazy with haymakers until I run out of steam (not unlike Bob Sapp).
- Once exhausted, take a knee after being hit with the first significant punch he lands on me.
- Demand a rematch or at least a fight with Gervonta Davis for more money.

B)
- If the ref rules it a slip...make a scene.
- Start shouting and call everyone in the building corrupt.
- I will either get DQed or goad the Mayweather Team into leaping into the ring to argue with me (not unlike during the Zab fight) and win via DQ. (or NC)
- Start a Boxing podcast.

I think I'd get stopped personally. I sparred a two time regional champ, national qualifier, who weighs 135lbs and he sparked me harder than a 280lb sub novice.

I don't see myself beating Floyd, I would have to hope for a clinch and pray that he isn't stronger in person than he looks on t.v. lol

I would use Roy Jones Jr style, that he used against James Tony and box in and out constantly turning Floyd and making him keep his guard high keeping him blind, with quick flurry of power punches, then bumping Floyd so he couldn't get set to attack, then i would switch styles using a southpaw Zab Judah style ,he gave Floyd trouble, mixing certain styles, so Floyd couldn't get confident and comfortable and get my timing down, maybe even pressure Floyd like Chavez sr, believe it or not, i can box using different techniques or styles anyway, so that's not a problem, i can even box and kickbox backing up.

First 4 rounds, i would fight Floyd just like Zab did, winning rounds and then when he starts walking me down, using a high guard, i would start boxing like Roy ,counter punching him using super quick flurry's, jumping in and out, totally confusing Floyd and then, when he's behind trying to counter me, i pressure him staying in his face,like Maidana and wouldn't let him breath, keeping him on the ropes, banging on everything, arms, shoulders, basically hitting him everywhere.

Like this.
First 4 rounds Southpaw style Zab Judah, this confused Floyd and Zab won some rounds.

Rounds 5-8 Roy Jones style , confuse Floyd some more ,so he's not getting my timing down and can't win rounds, he's to busy trying to figure me out.

Rounds 9-12 Mexican style Chavez or Maidana pressure and make Floyd fight defensive and on the ropes, just like Cotto did against Floyd and he won some rounds

Floyd is so busy trying to figure me out, he's losing the fight and can't get off in the late rounds because of my pressure.

Boom! i win the fight.

Last edited:
the only time i have seen floyd become even slightly hittable was when he set himself for hard punches. sometimes when he went hard for the finish he would sacrifice his defence slightly. he didn't have great power so the only time he ever seemed vulnerable was when lured into an exchange. (very few people were capable of pissing him off enough to achieve this)

the only time i have seen floyd become even slightly hittable was when he set himself for hard punches. sometimes when he went hard for the finish he would sacrifice his defence slightly. he didn't have great power so the only time he ever seemed vulnerable was when lured into an exchange. (very few people were capable of pissing him off enough to achieve this)
Shane Mosley

Shane Mosley
thats the one. castillo managed to ruffle him a bit as well. mayweather tried to take him out and started getting clipped a little bit. he adjusted back to a defensive game and regained control of the fight.

Kick him in the balls while he’s laughing at my beer gut

Head butt into Muay Thai knee stuns Floyd.

Finish with soccer kicks/stomps to the dome.

Half of my purse I would donate to a battered women’s shelter.

It would be like winning on so many levels.

Back