If your child died, would you clone them?

Goldman23

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the movie the 6th day, they were able to clone people to whatever age they desired and then using backup memories they had of the person implant it into a clone. The clone would therefore look like that person at that age (assuming of course no plastic surgery/dye/acne scars etc) and have their memories up to the point that the memory was sampled.

For example- there are a lot of shooting these days and in the video below, a young man entered a house party and began shooting at people in a jealous rage against his ex-GF.

Say your child was murdered in this instance, would you choose to have your child cloned with the clone having memories from an earlier point in the year?

Last edited:
no. Clones should be bred for parts only

No, I would adopt an Asian kid instead and wait until he is old enough to do my taxes.

As the movie demonstrated you want to clone your pet (repet), not humans. Wouldn’t clone a child but would want to clone my dog.

I believe the human identity is the memories so if the persons body is alive but their memories is gone they are another person. in your scenario I guess they would still be the person you knew.

You want a soulless devil child? That’s how you get a soulless devil child.

If you want to treat your kid like a video game save, where does it stop? Do you reboot him during a bitchy teen phase? What about when he starts to disagree with your politics? The kid is dead at that point. Cloning him would be purely self serving.

Cloning an entire person... what could go wrong?

You want a soulless devil child? That’s how you get a soulless devil child.

Cloning an entire person... what could go wrong?

This is the basis for Stephen Kings Pet Semetary book and movie coming out.

Also can mods ban TS already for filling Mayberry with P&M threads full of one video clip and no words.

No... it's a clone, it's a different soul, different person and cloning is perverted nature anyway.

Absolutely not.

Hell no. What a cruel form of psychological punishment to the cloned child.

"We wanted you to be our previous child"

Back