If your child died, would you clone them?

If you want to treat your kid like a video game save, where does it stop? Do you reboot him during a bitchy teen phase? What about when he starts to disagree with your politics? The kid is dead at that point. Cloning him would be purely self serving.

I would set my kid to auto save every hour. That way, if I have to kill him, I can load up the last save and he wouldn’t miss much.

I would set my kid to auto save every hour. That way, if I have to kill him, I can load up the last save and he wouldn’t miss much.

And you could store him on cloud backup so you wouldn't have to worry about your hard drive failing

There is some religious symbolism there with storing your child on the cloud.

If they could have the body and the memories/personality back and the science was debugged to the point that it worked perfectly, of course.

Its only creepy because you people are struggling to comprehend it not having problems. But if it is proven and no problems, then yes.

I'd clone an army of them and register them all to vote for Oprah in the next election.

Goldman is the last person on Sherdog to be worrying about hypothetical children.

I'd bring them back old school - bury them in a haunted pet semetary and wait for hijinks to ensue.

i wanted to clone my cat

Hell no, I wouldn't be cool with cloning a favorite pet let alone a child.

In the movie the 6th day, they were able to clone people to whatever age they desired and then using backup memories they had of the person implant it into a clone. The clone would therefore would look like that person at that age (assuming of course no plastic surgery/dye/acne scars etc) and have their memories up to the point tha the memory was sampled.

For example- there are a lot of shooting these days and in the video below, a young man entered a house party and began shooting at people in a jealous rage against his ex-GF.

Say your child was murdered in this instance, would you choose to have your child cloned with the clone having memories from an earlier point in the year?

For sure not.

I'd have a hard time not ending my own life if my child died.

If you want to treat your kid like a video game save, where does it stop? Do you reboot him during a bitchy teen phase? What about when he starts to disagree with your politics? The kid is dead at that point. Cloning him would be purely self serving.
Excellent post, and I agree completely.

That being said, if I were to suddenly lose my daughter, it would be incredibly difficult for me to say "No" to the opportunity to hug her and give her another kiss. Difficult as it would be I'd have to say No, as I'd know deep in my heart that the body I was hugging, and the cheek I was kissing isn't my daughter's, and to truly be with her is to cherish our memories.

If it's a good kid. If it's a little piece of shit then I'll make another one.

Back