If your child had to choose professional wrestling or MMA what would it be?

onemanshow83

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Of course there are pros and cons to either sport. Wrestling depending on your star status can be rewarding but a lot of road travel and away from family and the botches in wrestling can be very dangerous. In MMA you will probably fight a couple of times per year depending on who you are but the training and preparation for fights and including fight injuries can be serious. It can be rewarding also depending on who you are. So my question is this what's better for your child if you had to choose? MMA or wrestling?

MMA, way safer.

With pro wrestling there are just so many ways to fuck your body up, and thats not even talking about the physical aspect of it. There's a much higher chance of "Going hard and heavy" and struggling with "Personal Demons"

MMA, way safer.

With pro wrestling there are just so many ways to fuck your body up, and thats not even talking about the physical aspect of it. There's a much higher chance of "Going hard and heavy" and struggling with "Personal Demons"
I agree. Also high risk spots. At least in MMA you can tap out or the ref would stop it due to ko or TKO. In wrestling the show must go on and I cant imagine a wrestler telling me "Ok were going to go through those tables together from the second story building so lets give them a show" Fuck that.

Pro wrestling. It's only a matter of time before the concussion shitstorm erupts on the MMA world like it has on football. (Pro wrestling, at least on the bigtime/WWE level, has actually calmed down a lot in terms of gratuitous head trauma in recent years.)

Pro wrestling. It's only a matter of time before the concussion shitstorm erupts on the MMA world like it has on football. (Pro wrestling, at least on the bigtime/WWE level, has actually calmed down a lot in terms of gratuitous head trauma in recent years.)

I dont know man. Boxing has been around for over 100 years and people has died from head trauma. I think people view MMA and Boxing as of a go at your own risk sport as opposed to wrestling where they think its "Fake" and that helmets are suppose to protect people from concussions.

Only way I'd let my child do either is if they had an elite natural talent for it and knew when to make his/her money and get out before they take too much damage.

I fully intend to put my kids on the mats early and often so that they can can have some sort of self defense life skill. If they show a talent, I'll encourage it but monitor closely.

I went so far as to visit Killer Kowalski's in Boston and correspond with Afa's school in Allentown (PA) before I opted not to follow my dreams of being a pro wrestler. I'm glad I did. Not big enough to not be hamstrung by size. Not enough of a showman to make up for it. Not enough of a prick to make it if I was either. Would've been cool to get into the production/booking end of things, though. If my kids are into it, the culture and practice have changed so much I might be willing to let them have at it.

MMA, way safer.

This

MMA, way safer.

I was going to say go pro-wrestling then I read this, thought about writing a counter argument-and realized you are correct sir. Real ass kicking is way safer than the fake kind if only for the lifestyle surrounding each. I will start teaching my daughter to go for the gogoplata next time I attempt to powerbomb her. (side note: I did explain that she needs to sell and tuck her chin when taking the bump. She tucks her chin well, but the selling is very much undertaker meets ultimate warrior. She's 3.)

MMA. Way less days on the road, better pay, plus if you need to make money, you can find a side job.

MMA, way safer.

Just look at how much pro wrestling destroyed the picture perfect life of Kurt Angle. Enough said.

Doesn't matter the carnival is the carnival

I would push him to play baseball. Must as I love both Pro-Wrestling and MMA I'm not a fan of how those industries work or how people end up crippled at the end.

I'd beat their ass for not being good enough to play a real sport
Fuckin D-level disappointment

Not even a question; I'd rather my child be an MMA fighter than a pro wrestler. Outside of the fact that MMA is a real sport and will be looked upon more positively than a pro wrestler, the life of a pro wrestler absolutely spells disaster for anyone wanting to live a normal life and by normal life, I mean having a family, being able to be a mother or father, attending family/children events, holidays, etc.

And then you include the lifestyle of a pro wrestler? The partying, the drugs, and everything else that comes with being on the road, constantly traveling 3-4 days a week, if not more before coming home? I'm a far bigger pro wrestling fan than an MMA fan but I can't deny it; MMA is far safer and provides or, should I say, allows one to live a more normal life and have a family

Meh, why not both - they're kids, who the fuck cares? They'll probably move onto something else anyway. Get them into some martial art early and have them take some speaking classes / drama workshops too. They can run around with their dipshit friends creating personas and whatever. Worst case scenario, they have some cringey memories of pretending to be on the mic or some embarrassing youtube videos.

Neither, I love my kids.
35xyux.jpg

Back