If your son could have a better life as a woman, would you let him transition?

transitions that good make me question every female i see

The framing of the question is ridiculous -- being a woman as a profession is kind of asinine

Nothing would stop him from doing it so i'd have no choice but to accept it. I'd worry bout the creepy guys he/she would come across

I don't think anyone could answer this question without knowing the person in question. I would hesitate to condone any such changes pre 18 years old, after that they would be their own person.

Wow.

Do you happen to be a citizen of Uganda?

His view does have some scientific backing. I'm not aware of any evidence that the practice of transition leads to greater happiness. That is of course population wide, individual cases may vary.

that would be a tough thing to deal with.

if he was simply gay I could accept him ,because I have gay relatives that are good people. But I do not like transexuals I have never met one who was nice or a normal person.

I wish we had a psychologist to analyze posts that begin like this.
lol the entire OP makes it sounds like OP would be happier as a woman in a hypothetical situation

What's easier about being a lifelong medical patient? About having to make regular doctor visits to get your neo-vagina enlarged, and cleaned of hairballs?

What's so trouble free about the thralldom of lifelong hormone treatments that they need in order to stay in bodily cosplay?

If I had a child, why would I make him dependant on the medical industry for his happiness? I'd be wrongly teaching him that salvation is attainable through the grasping of physical externalization, rather than maintenancing the perspective itself within him that breeds thought and emotion, and guides conduct.

As a father, isn't my it my obligation to give him every tool I can think of to make him as self-sufficient as as possible?

And what if he changes his mind? It happens, but trans activists are notorious censors, so the "joys" of de-transitioning are never publicly examined with same absolutist intensity as the "joys" of detransitioning.

Besides, it's a man's world; despite what some say. And if ever the electricity stays off for longer than two weeks and food becomes scarce, this becomes an even more explicit fact: Rapine and barbarity has pretty much been the default setting of humanity. Who has a better chance to thrive in that setting?

I would think that it would be easier to work my son through the issues that he has that makes him feel uncomfortable in his own skin with the goal towards getting him to identify as self-reliant, before anything else.

Last edited:
His view does have some scientific backing. I'm not aware of any evidence that the practice of transition leads to greater happiness. That is of course population wide, individual cases may vary.

Happiness is a wide spectrum, and many people take the shortcut and eat Venlafaxin as it was candy.

If I was trapped inside a body that in my mind was not the right one. I would go to lenghts to get out of that prison. We have only one life and why not make the best out of it, if you have the resources to do so. Why is there still people in the western world that oppose what other individuals want to do with their own life? We live in a free world and with free will. Mind your own buisness I would say.

A while ago we saw a documentary on Swedish televison that is called Correspondent. A group of reporters that present a half-hour programme about the same subject but from 3 different parts of the world. Transgender from Ukraine, Brazil and Uganda was on display.

My wife is from Thailand and her country have been living with transgender people for decades and think of them as people albeit some think they are over acting their chosen sex.
She was horrified when seeing how they treated these people in above said countries. And she shouted animals when we saw the clip from Brazil where young men was beating a transgender to death and put her in a wheelbarrow like some kind of trophy to show for other people on the road.

8-now-arrested-for-horror-transgender-murder-in-Brazil_lrg.jpg

http://www.mambaonline.com/2017/03/16/eight-now-arrested-horror-transgender-murder-brazil/

Last edited:
How does one know what it's like to be a woman if they've never been one, over even been socialized as one? At best they would spend their lives as a caricature who would require others to be an accomplice to their pathology.

Happiness is a wide spectrum, and many people take the shortcut and eat Venlafaxin as it was candy to them.

If I was trapped inside a body that in my mind was not the right one. I would go to lenghts to get out of that prison. We have only one life and why not make the best out of it, if you have the resourses to do so. Why is there still people in the western world that oppose what other individuals want to do with their own life? We live in a free world and with free will. Mind your own buisness I would say.

A while ago we saw a documentary on Swedish televison that is called Correspondent. A group of reporters that present a half-hour programme about the same subject but from 3 different parts of the world. Transgender from Ukraine, Brazil and Uganda was on display.

My wife is from Thailand and her country have been living with transgender people for decades and think of them as people albeit some think they are over acting their chosen sex.
She was horrified when seeing how they treated these people in above said countries. And she shouted animals when we saw the clip from Brazil where young men was beating a transgender to death and put her in a wheelchair like some kind of trophy to show for other people on the road.

View attachment 371803

http://www.mambaonline.com/2017/03/16/eight-now-arrested-horror-transgender-murder-brazil/

That's interesting and emotive but has nothing to do with whether transitioning is a net benefit for most people.

I think the premise of this thread is absurd.

But if my son came to me and told he me he felt like a woman, I would absolutely support her. I would call her by her preferred name, buy her clothes, the whole deal.

What I wouldn't do, however, is allow her to go on hormone therapy. She would have to wait until she was 18 and capable of making the decision on her own. No surgeries, no exogenous hormones. Not on my watch.

That's interesting and emotive but has nothing to do with whether transitioning is a net benefit for most people.

I appretiate you take your time for a response.

You said. "His view does have some scientific backing. I'm not aware of any evidence that the practice of transition leads to greater happiness."
Since when are they look up on like some kind of labrats?

But honestly, you sound like a calculating mathematician that only see this transition as a volatility of said sex.

What is the meaning of living if we one day will die?

Why do we train our bodys? Is it for ourself or does it trace back to our most primitive sides to waken the interest directed to our opposite sex?

But why do we train, when we know one day we will all look like raisins?

Why do women and men use Botex and other surgical engagement?

Why do we care what other people do with themself?

With you cynical view of this subject, one could wonder if you think living the life is a huge net loss.

I appretiate you take your time for a response.

You said. "His view does have some scientific backing. I'm not aware of any evidence that the practice of transition leads to greater happiness."
Since when are they look up on like some kind of labrats?

But honestly, you sound like a calculating mathematician that only see this transition as a volatility of said sex.

What is the meaning of living if we one day will die?

Why do we train our bodys? Is it for ourself or does it trace back to our most primitive sides to waken the interest directed to our opposite sex?

But why do we train, when we know one day we will all look like raisins?

Why do women and men use Botex and other surgical engagement?

Why do we care what other people do with themself?

With you cynical view of this subject, one could wonder if you think living the life is a huge net loss.
Exercise has a well known utility.

The rest is merely narcissism.

I don't think anyone could answer this question without knowing the person in question. I would hesitate to condone any such changes pre 18 years old, after that they would be their own person.

I missed this one.

You have a humanistic side after all.

Im encouraging my son to transition now- he's only 11, but its never to early to start - he'll be the most progressive kid in his class by the time he hits high school!

Did TS get kicked out of the OT for all his tranny threads?

They’d have to wait until they’re an adult.

98% of trannies don’t look like the op pic. They look like freaking monsters.

Back