If your son could have a better life as a woman, would you let him transition?

I think the premise of this thread is absurd.

But if my son came to me and told he me he felt like a woman, I would absolutely support her. I would call her by her preferred name, buy her clothes, the whole deal.

What I wouldn't do, however, is allow her to go on hormone therapy. She would have to wait until she was 18 and capable of making the decision on her own. No surgeries, no exogenous hormones. Not on my watch.

The issue here though is that by waiting until she is 18 any gender reassignment would likely be much less effective. I'm guessing most of Sherdog's favoured "I can't believe she's a transsexual" pics are I'd imagine people who started HRT much earlier than that.

The issue here though is that by waiting until she is 18 any gender reassignment would likely be much less effective. I'm guessing most of Sherdog's favoured "I can't believe she's a transsexual" pics are I'd imagine people who started HRT much earlier than that.

Until further comprehensive research is done on the effects of hormone therapy on the developing brain, I can not support hormone therapy on people with underdeveloped brains and cognitive function. We know that the brain isn't fully developed until around 25, but after 18 the decision would no longer be mine to make.

I don't care how much your child feels like a girl. You can respect that and treat them with such respect, but condoning hormone therapy on children is disgusting.

Happiness is a wide spectrum, and many people take the shortcut and eat Venlafaxin as it was candy.
lmao. you eat venlafaxine like candy because if you don't daily, it'll throw you into goddamn awful withdrawal. once you start taking it it really hooks your body. it sucks. 0/10 would not recommend.

happiness starts with bunnies
giphy.gif

Until further comprehensive research is done on the effects of hormone therapy on the developing brain, I can not support hormone therapy on people with underdeveloped brains and cognitive function. We know that the brain isn't fully developed until around 25, but after 18 the decision would no longer be mine to make.

I don't care how much your child feels like a girl. You can respect that and treat them with such respect, but condoning hormone therapy on children is disgusting.

It seems more likely to be that the effects of HRT on a brain fully developed as the opposite gender would be more likely to carry potential negatives.

Often what I believe happens is that actually early on you see more of a pubity blocker used before fully HRT starts latter.

Medical decisions that are going to effect someone across there entire life are taken in childhood in many other cases.

that would be a tough thing to deal with.

if he was simply gay I could accept him ,because I have gay relatives that are good people. But I do not like transexuals I have never met one who was nice or a normal person.
I've known two trans people. One was . . . very strange, and awkward. Probably why we were friends lol. But they were nice. The other one was normal, and nice as well. Being trans doesn't make somebody weird or mean they'll not be a nice person. If they were your child and you raised them, I'd certainly hope they'd be a nice person anyways.

I've known two trans people. One was . . . very strange, and awkward. Probably why we were friends lol. But they were nice. The other one was normal, and nice as well. Being trans doesn't make somebody weird or mean they'll not be a nice person. If they were your child and you raised them, I'd certainly hope they'd be a nice person anyways.

I´m not familiar with the side effects. If I understand it correctly, eating Venlafaxine is like a drug and you can´t just quit it one day if you decided to do so?

I did mention Venlafaxine after alarming rapports of over using it in the nordic countries. Denmark is known as the country with the most happy people in the world. But it also has a very high number of young people using it. Depression is a serious thing, but the doctors here are to quick to write a recepy to teenagers. It also has an environmental effect, resulting in dangerous amount of particles from the urine flooding out in the sewage system and the cycle that end up in us all again

Edit. I don´t know why it didn´t quote the post with your rabbits.

I´m not familiar with the side effects. If I understand it correctly, eating Venlafaxine is like a drug and you can´t just quit it one day if you decided to do so?

I did mention Venlafaxine after alarming rapports of over using it in the nordic countries. Denmark is known as the country with the most happy people in the world. But it also has a very high number of young people using it. Depression is a serious thing, but the doctors here are to quick to write a recepy to teenagers. It also has an environmental effect, resulting in dangerous amount of particles from the urine flooding out in the sewage system and the cycle that end up in us all again

Edit. I don´t know why it didn´t quote the post with your rabbits.
Yeah. You definitely can’t just stop it out of nowhere. I asked my doctor to change my meds because I’m very forgetful, and forget to take my meds a lot. But holyyyyy shit if you miss your daily venlafaxine!!! It’s a *very* bad time. Your body goes into withdrawal and you literally never know what pit of hell youre going to get thrown into each time. I honestly can’t believe they’re allowed to prescribe it still. Actually, venlafaxine was banned and it’s velafaxine xr that is now prescribed. Apparently the original vanlafaxine was worse. I can’t imagine.

After researching it one night I got mad at my doctor for prescribing it lol.

Yeah. You definitely can’t just stop it out of nowhere. I asked my doctor to change my meds because I’m very forgetful, and forget to take my meds a lot. But holyyyyy shit if you miss your daily venlafaxine!!! It’s a *very* bad time. Your body goes into withdrawal and you literally never know what pit of hell youre going to get thrown into each time. I honestly can’t believe they’re allowed to prescribe it still. Actually, venlafaxine was banned and it’s velafaxine xr that is now prescribed. Apparently the original vanlafaxine was worse. I can’t imagine.

After researching it one night I got mad at my doctor for prescribing it lol.

Wow. Are people that are so quick to self-diagnose and ask for Venlafaxine aware of this? I mean like it´s a real drug and all the side effects that comes with not taking it? What do you do when you decide to stop? Is this your personal experience of falling in to the pit of hell, or does all people using it having the same shit day if they only miss one?

After some research. I can see the average person in Sweden using it, have a mix of 150-250 mg Venlafaxine Bluefish in combo with 15 mg of Mirtazapin Krka. That sound like a lot of medicine just for 1 day.

We have a serious problem in our western world with our depressions and pills.

Thanks for your reply

fuck no, you take him to psichiatric professionals because he has a mental illness, a very serious one, also you have to reflect as a parent because you failed and you also need to change

If your kid was anorexic would you agree with them that they are fat?

If they were schizophrenic would you tell them the voices in their head are real?

A lot of young people these days are just transtrenders jumping on a bandwagon because they've been brainwashed. But the few people who genuinely believe they are a different gender, to the point where they want to have their bodies mutilated, are seriously mentally ill.

Last edited:
I appretiate you take your time for a response.

You said. "His view does have some scientific backing. I'm not aware of any evidence that the practice of transition leads to greater happiness."
Since when are they look up on like some kind of labrats?

But honestly, you sound like a calculating mathematician that only see this transition as a volatility of said sex.

What is the meaning of living if we one day will die?

Why do we train our bodys? Is it for ourself or does it trace back to our most primitive sides to waken the interest directed to our opposite sex?

But why do we train, when we know one day we will all look like raisins?

Why do women and men use Botex and other surgical engagement?

Why do we care what other people do with themself?

With you cynical view of this subject, one could wonder if you think living the life is a huge net loss.

Your questions answered in order:

Every person is looked upon clinically as a subject by a scientist, specifically a psychologist in this case. There is no room for unchecked messy emotional subjectivity, that's what leads to negative outcomes on both sides.

I don't know what you mean by volatility of said sex. I am not a mathematician but I have been a psychologist and my thinking still runs along those lines.

The meaning of living is a subjective thing, the only objective meaning for living is evolutionary fitness. Dying is a necessity for gene line adaption to the environment.

There are a lot of reasons why people train, but the reason why almost all life does almost anything is to improve its evolutionary fitness.

Because you will look like a raisin in the future and having dominant shoulders make you feel good now.

Because, like I said all life does nearly everything to improve evolutionary fitness, increasing your mate selection etc.

What other people do matters to you because they are part of your tribe/family. What they do directly impacts you. Beyond that it impacts them and if you have empathy you will want what is best for them, thus behaviours in others that impact others negatively are ill thought of.

I don't know what you mean by 'the life', living life however is amazing and pleasurable, better than the alternative, or so we have evolved to think.

I missed this one.

You have a humanistic side after all.

I legitimately only want what's best for everyone. I know a little about the topic of gender dysphoria, it was an area of academic interest of mine, a decade ago.

WTF are you talking about? Nobody transition because they can't get laid.

Any man who's willing to chop their dick off has to be mentally ill. I don't see how they're not.

Your questions answered in order:

Every person is looked upon clinically as a subject by a scientist, specifically a psychologist in this case. There is no room for unchecked messy emotional subjectivity, that's what leads to negative outcomes on both sides.

I don't know what you mean by volatility of said sex. I am not a mathematician but I have been a psychologist and my thinking still runs along those lines.

The meaning of living is a subjective thing, the only objective meaning for living is evolutionary fitness. Dying is a necessity for gene line adaption to the environment.

There are a lot of reasons why people train, but the reason why almost all life does almost anything is to improve its evolutionary fitness.

Because you will look like a raisin in the future and having dominant shoulders make you feel good now.

Because, like I said all life does nearly everything to improve evolutionary fitness, increasing your mate selection etc.

What other people do matters to you because they are part of your tribe/family. What they do directly impacts you. Beyond that it impacts them and if you have empathy you will want what is best for them, thus behaviours in others that impact others negatively are ill thought of.

I don't know what you mean by 'the life', living life however is amazing and pleasurable, better than the alternative, or so we have evolved to think.

Thank you very much for your sober reply. And while we are it, I take of my hat for your background.

If we leave behind your academic and very insightful thoughts just for a moment, and be less clinical in your observations. And rather just think of them as human beings with a heavier luggage than the average normal person would carry. Lets forget about the selection and the strong mans evolution, and just accept that us humans are such a complex fusion of cells that happen to live on a planet that just happen to be on the magic distance from our sun, so all the life we know of can live.

A life is what we have. And thank God I was born in to a civilized world where I had a chance to grow up and be curious about the rest of the world. I have an aunt who is 70 years old who has been happily married for 50 years with the same man. They don´t have children and they choose not to have them. It was a decision they both took, but they love children nonless. When they were still young, people were looking at them with sceptic eyes and thought of them as odd, and my grand parents were sad becuase of this. But time flew by and with each decade, people were less judgemental and today you don´t have anyone questioning their choice of life. And you will often hear the jealousy and the achievement they have had from life without children.

I don´t know about the clinical studies that has been made of the happiness of those who has taken the way of hormones. Maybe you are right, maybe they still feel awful after their transformation. But who are we to judge their choise to do so? I acknowledge they are not part of the religious curriculum and therefore not accepted as human beings, but I happen to believe that if your religion dictate to much of your daily life, the gerneral knowledge will also be a distant grail of wisdom.

Some people mention reproduction. What about adoption? Are gay people excluded from that list, because they can´t have the child the normal way? We have many gay couples in the north that have children. 10 years ago the majority would still raise your eyebrows if that happened, but today they are the minority. As with technology, the humanism is also in rapid evolution.

People should think more outside of the psychology box and the norm that is now will be a distant farewell in a short lapse of time.

Thank you very much for your sober reply. And while we are it, I take of my hat for your background.

If we leave behind your academic and very insightful thoughts just for a moment, and be less clinical in your observations. And rather just think of them as human beings with a heavier luggage than the average normal person would carry. Lets forget about the selection and the strong mans evolution, and just accept that us humans are such a complex fusion of cells that happen to live on a planet that just happen to be on the magic distance from our sun, so all the life we know of can live.

A life is what we have. And thank God I was born in to a civilized world where I had a chance to grow up and be curious about the rest of the world. I have an aunt who is 70 years old who has been happily married for 50 years with the same man. They don´t have children and they choose not to have them. It was a decision they both took, but they love children nonless. When they were still young, people were looking at them with sceptic eyes and thought of them as odd, and my grand parents were sad becuase of this. But time flew by and with each decade, people were less judgemental and today you don´t have anyone questioning their choice of life. And you will often hear the jealousy and the achievement they have had from life without children.

I don´t know about the clinical studies that has been made of the happiness of those who has taken the way of hormones. Maybe you are right, maybe they still feel awful after their transformation. But who are we to judge their choise to do so? I acknowledge they are not part of the religious curriculum and therefore not accepted as human beings, but I happen to believe that if your religion dictate to much of your daily life, the gerneral knowledge will also be a distant grail of wisdom.

Some people mention reproduction. What about adoption? Are gay people excluded from that list, because they can´t have the child the normal way? We have many gay couples in the north that have children. 10 years ago the majority would still raise your eyebrows if that happened, but today they are the minority. As with technology, the humanism is also in rapid evolution.

People should think more outside of the psychology box and the norm that is now will be a distant farewell in a short lapse of time.

If someone wants to hurt themselves irreplaceably I will stand against their right to do that, if they are not of sound mind. There are many instances where normal function of the body is interrupted and we intervene. A naturalistic argument when extended to its logical conclusion precludes cataract operations, heart surgeries and shoe wearing. A natural state is not necessarily a desirable one.

You don't know why your relations chose not to have kids. It likely wasn't a choice.

Gay people are a product of evolution the same as any other phenotype, they provide a great survival benefit to family they are associated with. Specifically it's to do with older brothers effects on the mothers response to male hormones, the reduction of mate competition and added resources for the first borns children. Of course they should be allowed to adopt or have children. They are not analogous to the gender dysphoric, their rates of suicide drops with acceptance, the gender dysphorics do not.

I do not purport that people should not be allowed to transition, one of my friends back at uni was trans gender and it never occurred to me to oppress her or act disparaging towards her. What I know is that it is an open question as to whether it is ethical to provide gender reassignment, and it is most definitely unethical to provide it in even most cases.

If someone wants to hurt themselves irreplaceably I will stand against their right to do that, if they are not of sound mind. There are many instances where normal function of the body is interrupted and we intervene. A naturalistic argument when extended to its logical conclusion precludes cataract operations, heart surgeries and shoe wearing. A natural state is not necessarily a desirable one.

You don't know why your relations chose not to have kids. It likely wasn't a choice.

Gay people are a product of evolution the same as any other phenotype, they provide a great survival benefit to family they are associated with. Specifically it's to do with older brothers effects on the mothers response to male hormones, the reduction of mate competition and added resources for the first borns children. Of course they should be allowed to adopt or have children. They are not analogous to the gender dysphoric, their rates of suicide drops with acceptance, the gender dysphorics do not.

I do not purport that people should not be allowed to transition, one of my friends back at uni was trans gender and it never occurred to me to oppress her or act disparaging towards her. What I know is that it is an open question as to whether it is ethical to provide gender reassignment, and it is most definitely unethical to provide it in even most cases.

With educational post like yours, this forum would be a much healthier place to share thoughts.

My younger sister is adopted from South-Korea although my parents could still get their own. My youngest biological sister is a proof of that. My mother is very close with her sister and I know the intel from her. Even for me the idea of parents voluntary not wanting children is a sensitive subject shadowed by a grim taboo. My mother has 2 other sisters(no brothers) and in particular the family on my mothers side are what I could describe as dysfunction compared to other families I have met through relationships to the other sex. But, dysfunction in a good way, namely the humanity that is invested in their minds.

Thanks for the correspondence. Have a good day sir.

Back