IGN accused of copying Dead Cells review

lmao, ign...

That being said, Call of duty is the greatest shooter ever made.
Not even close. COD is the walmart of FPS, bare minimum skill required. Halo is GOAT and Destiny right behind. No one does FPS mechanics better than Bungie. Hell, Titanfall shits on CoD

Last edited:
Hard to blame IGN for this it was the editors fault not theirs. Props to them for closing the issue with the quickness. Still won't have me watching their content any time soon. I don't like how highly they rate games in comparison to other outlets. And they aren't as blunt or real as YouTube Channels like Worth A Buy or ACG.

I got off IGN's wagon when they gave uncharted 3 a 10. Uncharted 2 was at best a 9.

After playing games for 35 years I've come to get a sense for myself of what I'd like anyway. Dunkey's reviews mean more to me than IGN or Gamespot lol

I like dunkey but it's hard to take his reviews seriously. Highly entertaining but I never fall back on his opinions.

I like dunkey but it's hard to take his reviews seriously. Highly entertaining but I never fall back on his opinions.

It was a figure of speech lol - I just meant I'd take him more seriously than IGN or gamespot

It was a figure of speech lol - I just meant I'd take him more seriously than IGN or gamespot

I take my exs daughters 13 year old opinion more seriously then IGNs lol.

What are you trying to sniff out, here, man? The image is a wall-of-text. It's impossible to divine what meaning could be gleaned from splitting these hairs.

They did the right thing. They responded correctly.

Yeah I am splitting hairs, most likely because I have not been satisfied with IGN's quality for a long time. The cynic in me is thinking that putting it in an image prevents the text from being searched in google to help bury it faster.

But yeah I am probably over-thinking it and being too pessimistic on it.

When he actually reviews a game he usually dispenses with the ridiculous. He rarely does that though. When he does, I tend to like his opinion. In fact, his video on game critics does a good job of illustrating why you shouldn’t trust an “IGN” review. Find a gamer who’s preferences overlap with yours and just see what they like if you’re hesitant to buy. For me, that’s usually someone like FilthyRobot or Shenryyr. Most of what Filthy plays and enjoys I also enjoy. But even then, not always.

IGN gonna IGN.

Not even close. COD is the walmart of FPS, bare minimum skill required. Halo is GOAT and Destiny right behind. No one does FPS mechanics better than Bungie. Hell, Titanfall shits on CoD
Quake/Doom/Half Life all make Halo look like a cheap knockoff. Learn your roots man.

Lmao a female game developer at one point fucked a dude at Kotaku who didn't even review her game and that was enough cause to start a campaign of harrassment. That's the reality of what happened and it's absolutely pathetic that you still think it was justified. Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian, Brianna Wu, none of these people are even journalists. Worst excuse for a movement ever.
Way to miss the issues Dingus.

Apparently Filip removed his original response video

Hard to blame IGN for this it was the editors fault not theirs. Props to them for closing the issue with the quickness. Still won't have me watching their content any time soon. I don't like how highly they rate games in comparison to other outlets. And they aren't as blunt or real as YouTube Channels like Worth A Buy or ACG.

I always take WorthaBuy over IGN. They are insanely biased towards certain series, and often write preposterous crap in their reviews. One of their hacks would be reviewing a shooter, and regularly take points off, and bitch the review up by bemoaning the fact that the shooter doesn't have biting social commentary, or other such idiocy.

You should sue him and IGN for lost revenue, among other things. Unless they already offered a check and you accepted.

Fuck those people. I used to only use IGN for reviews back in the 2000s but haven't touched them since. Mainstream video game news is ththe absolute worst.

What are the good gaming sites theses days? I stopped following in the Voodoo3d era

Dead Cells is a blast but boy am I terrible at platformers.