IGN accused of copying Dead Cells review

Lmao a female game developer at one point fucked a dude at Kotaku who didn't even review her game and that was enough cause to start a campaign of harrassment. That's the reality of what happened and it's absolutely pathetic that you still think it was justified. Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian, Brianna Wu, none of these people are even journalists. Worst excuse for a movement ever.
Wow dude you’re getting slaughtered, why did you even come back to post this? And why even defend slime balls like Anita who is nothing more than a proven scam artist or Zoe who cheated on her boyfriend to get press coverage? Briana is maybe defendable I guess. I don’t really know much about her. From the few videos I saw of her she just seemed like an honest to god dumby and got herself caught in some crossfire and maybe not a giant piece of trash like the other two.

The stupidity of even not the most common types of people never ceases to amaze me. I have seen applications for jobs, sent in by multiple people, who currently worked for the same employer (not my employer), which had identical statements of qualifications. Not only did they plagiarize each other’s SOQ, but the content was lifted from the job posting itself.
Fucking incredible.

Holy shit.... better watch this before he takes down the original video...

What are the good gaming sites theses days? I stopped following in the Voodoo3d era
You can never go wrong with Jeff Gerstmann's GiantBomb.
I tend to like Kotaku
FYI, @DespicablePeep, Kotaku is the garbage website that committed all of the transgressions I just outlined in my post on the previous page. This is not-so-subtle anti-#GG cheerleading/trolling, I suspect.

Godawful gaming website and reviews. However you feel about the politics of it this is not a reliable website.

Read about Jeff Gerstmann. He was the man who gave up the most lucrative editorial position in the industry, as head of IGN, because he wouldn't fudge reviews for money under corporate pressure from above. He's a legend. Agree or disagree, you will always get an honest review from him.
Holy shit.... better watch this before he takes down the original video...

This guy was a professional plagiarizer.

Conman in the 21st century.

Last edited:
Found this to be hilarious. I haven't used IGN in years ever since they shilled for that twat Sarkeesian. They're pretty much the nerd version of buzzfeed with all the shitty lists and clickbait.

God I miss Gametrailers. They had the best video reviews and unlike IGN they didn't give off the impression they were paid off.

Found this to be hilarious. I haven't used IGN in years ever since they shilled for that twat Sarkeesian. They're pretty much the nerd version of buzzfeed with all the shitty lists and clickbait.

God I miss Gametrailers. They had the best video reviews and unlike IGN they didn't give off the impression they were paid off.

The gametrailers people moved to Easy Allies on Youtube. They still do the best video reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrxXp1reP8E353rZsB3jaA

The gametrailers people moved to Easy Allies on Youtube. They still do the best video reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrxXp1reP8E353rZsB3jaA

Yeah I follow them and still watch their reviews. Just miss the website since it was organized so much better than you can a youtube channel. They put a lot of love in their work and they didn't use a bunch of clickbait on their site, also never got the sense of any bias or any political obsession like most mainstream game sites have now.

This muthafucka plagarized his resume...only way he'll ever get work again is if he changes his name. He'll probably plagarize that too and change it to George Washington or something

Can't believe this guy tried to release an explanation video when he knows he has so many more examples out there. The only way to get ahead of this would have been to release a video not only apologizing for the initial plagiarism but ratting yourself out for all the other ones. That way he can start to say he's changed and is going to try to do better. Whether or not that's true it would have been a good starting point for him after all this. Now he's just done. He only made things worse with his explanation video and this other stuff being found only adds to it.

Can't believe this guy tried to release an explanation video when he knows he has so many more examples out there. The only way to get ahead of this would have been to release a video not only apologizing for the initial plagiarism but ratting yourself out for all the other ones. That way he can start to say he's changed and is going to try to do better. Whether or not that's true it would have been a good starting point for him after all this. Now he's just done. He only made things worse with his explanation video and this other stuff being found only adds to it.
Can't bluff the internets.

I am pretty sure they both stole the review from Kenny Florian. Jokes aside, I am glad IGN stepped up an acknowledged the obvious plagiarism.

Better yet, he could have sold himself as an "activist" in the vein of The Orchid Hunter who sought to illuminate a broader and more serious problem with the industry as a whole. He was only doing this to expose how low the bar was for editorial review in the gaming industry. He could have made himself a champion to the remnants of the #GG resistance.

Sucker. Think fast!

tenor.gif

this is why i just watch twitch and ask the gamers what they think of the game... besides dunkey I dont watch or read any reviews from "pros" ..Just watch his because they are funny. .find streamers more reliable.

I usually follow people that share their gamertag/psn id and let people know they really played the game before writing anything. I know this is not THAT reliable but at least it means something.