Igor Vovchanchyn the unsung GOAT....?

He could have made 205 just by cutting weight.

Had he had a phenomenal diet and leaned out a bit, I feel he could have made 185 imo.

Yoel is huge for 185 and was shredded at 205. I feel if he cut the fat and kept it off year round he could have made it.

Either way, neither would have suited him well. His style is built on a speed advantage and being more explosive than his opponents. HW is where his build and style would have done best.
This was end of his PRIDE run Lhw Igor.
6FDEF30D-69EF-4D92-91FE-9490693F52DB.jpeg
IMO
Look at those legs,that dude can’t make 185.

He said himself he was better at HW, his results at LHW support that.

Too early in the sport so we ll never know.

But certainly a legend.

Not with Cro Cop around.
Bad fight for him,as seen.

While I can't argue with the result of their fight, to be fair, Igor was 51-7 by the time he fought Cro Cop. I would've loved to see a fight in their primes though.

He said himself he was better at HW, his results at LHW support that.
He was already way into the end of his run and he and the manager thought cutting weight would give him the leverage to stay at the top.

He lost the speed advantage and he still had to fight people taller and longer the him.

It was a mistake,IMHO most because of the time they decided to do it.
It was too late, he had already two broken hands,way over 60 fights in his record and a lot of damage accumulated.

His name is certainly unsung but not g.o.a.t. He is one of the best pfp fighters though.

He was a monster in the ring and would fight anybody...didn't care about size, rules, if it was bare-knuckle and groin shots allowed etc. Dude had an amazing career and his life outside the ring is interesting too...according to his book he's doing very well and didn't just blow his money. He also runs a charity for poor kids.

He beat the shit out of roided up Mark Kerr. That IS rather impressive.

Igor actually did drop to 205lbs during his pride run, but at that point it didn't help much because injuries were already badly plaguing him IIRC. He's definitely underrated and may have been the PrideGP 2k champ if Coleman, prone to gassing, didn't have a nonexistant fight against Fujita the match prior.

Either way he was always fun to watch and went for the kill like Melvin Manhoef. His fight against Enson was insane and actually the fight Pride event I ever saw.

Yes

Only man to ever win by headbutts from bottom position

Last edited:
Igor is the greatest Russian heavyweight of all time. (Kharitonov is #2 btw).

except that Igor is Ukrainian. And Kharitonov is Russian.
Igor can be the greatest Ukrainian heavyweight of all time. If we don't count Fedor. Because Fedor's actually Ukrainian who later moved to Russia.
First Fedor fight was under Ukrainian banner.

Back