Dynamic warm up 6 mins
Footwork drills 2 mins
4 sets of 5 sprints x 20 meters and 20 meters cross
1 sprint of 40 meters

5 rounds x2 min shadow boxing

Leg stretching 5 mins

Scarry work out

Warm up 5 mins
4 hill sprints x 50 meters and then a pack of street dogs ran after me I have no clue how long I sprinted to run away from the dogs but it was a long ass sprint. Motivation :D Ran to the beach for some bodyweight I still do not want to post stats of it as it is a weak ass work out.

I did 3 swimming work outs consisting of swimming approximately 3x200 meters. I need to improve on that as it tires the heck out of me.

Can not work out much as my girlfriend came to me and we are engaging soon :) and there are many stuff to organize on that. I will try my best to get back to fitness in 2 weeks time. But I am trying to at least swim when we hang out at the beach with my girlfriend.

Short swimming work out of 4x200 meters.

And... I got engaged :)

Long time no posting.
25 mins LISS run with my fiancee at the beach. Apperantly she is into working out with me :). I am a happy man.

30 mins LISS run at the beach.

No time to train but was able to sneak 1 private boxing class in my schedule.

15.01.2018 Starting to log again to keep myself motivated and on track.

I have 2 free months to get myself in a good form.

My goal is to get under 85kg, currently 87kg, while gaining some good form.

15.01.2018 morning
boxing work out:
- 2 4 min pad rounds - working on simple combinations and bringing my hands back on guard - 2-1-2, 1-2, 1-1-2, 1-uppercut-3, 1-slip-1, 1-slip-2.
-3 spar rounds - actually doing much, much better than the last Thursday when I sparred. I added some proactive defending in my arsenal. I watched few videos on it and tried to implement it. Jabbing way more, trying to measure distance, trying to implement better footwork. Used a lot of jab-duck-jab, jab-slip outside-hook, jab-slip inside-cross. Payed attention to my guard and positioning. When I got in a bad position tried to high guard and move out of danger. Landed a couple of good shots as counters, some body jabs. Still I want to implement my old habits of adding 1-2-1-2 or 2-1-2 combos as finishers or defenders. I want to punch a lot more and fight a lot more. Got tagged by good crosses from my southpaw friend both to my body and my head. My orthodox friend let me work a lot, which I greatly appreciated :)
-2 bag rounds - I was tired by this point - need to work on my conditioning and cardio - but worked on simple stuff mentioned already
- 1 round jump rope - my bones around the ankles fucking heart
- 4 sets 10 reps squats with 40kg - ye I know weak sauce, but worked on technique as my pals told me my squat technique is very bad, so they are helping me correct it
- 4 minutes planks

myfitnespal.com calculated this workout as a 419 calories burned. I am not sure if it correct. I really hope so. If someone can comment on that.

Planning on upper body BB training in the afternoon.

My friends told me not to go and recover for the next day as we are doing circuit with weight.

So I did this stretch -

Last edited:

Morning Circuit Training for explosiveness

4 rounds with 30 second rest between exercises.

10x cleans with overhead press only with a 20 kg bar - working on technique
5x bench press with 60kg
Bulgarian Bag movement behind the head x20
body weight rows x10

After the circuit - 2 sets hyper extensions x 20

Afternoon Body Building Upper Body Training

I had a nap of 1 hour from 3pm to 4pm. Felt very fresh afterwards. So I went to the gym. Had a weak sauce body building training.

Bench Press - 3x8 - 50kg
Inclined Bench Press - 3x8 - 40 kg
Decline Bench Press - 3x8 - 40 kg
Cable Rows - 3x10-12 - 60 kg
Pull Downs - 3x10 - 40kg
Dealts on the peck deck machine - 3x10 - 25kg
Triceps push - 3x10 - 20 kg
Biceps curls 3x15 - 15 kg

I was very tired but I finished this session. I feel I have no strength at all for anything, but I am not giving up and will work hard for gains :)

Last edited:

Morning Lower Body Work Out

Dead lift - 3x8 - 60kg
Leg Press - 3x10 - 100kg
Laying Leg Curls - 3x12 - 50kg
Body Weight Bulgarian Split Squad - 3x10 each leg in a super set with
Bodyweight hyper extensions - 3x12
Standing calf rises - 4x12 - 60kg

We should be running today at the evening but it is snowing and I doubt it we will go for a run.

Yep skipped running. Its been a snow storm.

Last edited:

Woke up early and got a text from my neighbour who drives us to the gym to go to sleep, he is buying drinks tonight because he has become a father.
Texted my other box partner and grabbed a taxi the gym

Morning Boxing Work Out
5 rounds pads x 5 min - worked a lot on setting up right cross, right uppercut and right hook. Man I have a strong right hook. A lot of problems with footwork when going back and hitting for example at 1-1-2. Gotta work on that.
2 spar rounds 3 min - my buddy let me work a lot while countering or initiating explosively but not hitting hard at all. Made me see a lot of my mistakes when punching. Noticed a huge difference in technique when I spar and when I am on the pads. Need to concentrate on technique when I spar as my punching is very chaotic.

Finished with some squats - 8,6,5 reps with 50 kg.

Fuck we got so wasted on Thursday night, good I trow up most of the alcohol. My boxing pal had a boy that day!

Anyway Friday I was all sick from the alcohol.

20.01.2018 Still feeling intoxicated

Body Building Upper Body

OHP - 3x8 30kg
Pull Downs 3x10 40kg
Dumbell Bench press - 3x10 10 kg each hand
Machine rows - 3x10 40kg
Peck Deck - 3x10 35 kg
Biceps and Triceps curls 3 sets x 12 reps 20 kg

This did not feel heavy at all, apparently I have rested well, but it was a damn hard due intoxication feeling.

Not sure if I am training tomorrow. I have job to do in the morning and I want to start a new program Sano suggested me.

21.01.2018 Sunday

Got bored and decided to go jog in the 30 cm snow. Did 20 mins but it is tiring on the snow and cold weather. Still 20 mins is not too bad for a beginner. How do you guys deal with the shin pain from running?

Tomorrow I have boxing class in the morning and I am going to pull a Strength training based on what Sano suggested.

Week 1
Workout A

Squat:
Warmup sets
3-4 sets x 5 reps with 70% 1RM
Bench:
Warmup sets (get more volume here on the bench if you want dat beach bod)

Accessory:
Single Leg exercise, Vertical Row/Chinup exercise, Lateral Raises and Reverse Flys.

Workout B

DL/Trapbar DL/Block DL:
Warmup sets
OHP:

Accessory:
Hamstring curls (ball or machine), Horizontal Row exercise and Core exercise.

Workout A

Squat:
Warmup sets
Bench:

Accessory:
Single Leg exercise, Vertical Row/Chinup exercise, Lateral Raises and Reverse Flys.

Week 2 you do the same thing but Squat, Bench, OHP and DL are 3-4 sets x 5 reps at 75% 1RM
Week 3 you do the same thing but Squat, Bench, OHP and DL are 3-4 sets x 3 reps at 85% 1RM

After week 3 you start over. When you've gone through it again, meaning it's been 6 weeks, then you re-test your 1RM and put in the new numbers. Then repeat (but change the exercises if you want for the next block of 6 weeks).

22.01.2018 Monday

Morning Boxing Work out
2 pad rounds - I was looking much better on the pads today. I finally got the stepping back 1-2 and 1-1-2. We even added 1-slip inside - left uppercut to my arsenal. I was told I seem more relaxed today.
3 spar rounds - my defence looked good. I got tagged only twice for 3 rounds. Of course my partners were taking care of me and let me work a lot. There was a new southpaw guy who launched a lot of hooks at me, but I handled him easily. Well he was 15kg lighter than me too :)
2 bag rounds - I worked a lot on the jab-slip-uppercut combo, 1-1-2 forward, backwards, and some 1-2-slip-uppercut or hook.

In general I did not like that I still can not fight. I have lost these habits of countering or continueing my combos. I seem too slow to counter, too scared of being hit. I have been waiting on my southpow opponents to jab, touch their glove and counter with my jab or hook, but I did it only once... I am too hesitant. Not sure how to fix that.

Finished with
Squats - 10 x 40kg, 10x40kg, 10x40kg, 8x40 kg with 30 seconds rests
Hyperextensions - 20 + 15 body weight

Week 1 Strength Training - 70% of 1RM
Night Workout Strength Training A

Squat
Warm up sets x3
4 sets x 5 reps - 60 kg - last set was with a bad form

Bench Press
Warm up sets x3
4 sets x 5 reps - 55 kg

Accessory:
Super Set 1
Bulgarian Squad - 3 sets x 10 reps each leg - 15kg dumbbells total weight
Hyperextensions - 3 sets x 10 reps body weight
Lateral rises - 3 sets x 10 reps - 15kg dumbbels total weight (7.5 kg each)

Super Set 2
Vertical Rows or Pull Downs - 3 sets x 10 reps - 45 kg - the last pulls were barely made
Standing Calf Rises - 3 sets x 15 reps - 70 kg

Reverse Flys on a peck deck machine - 3 sets x 10 reps - 35 kg - last reps barely made

Some Stretching was done while resting all the time.

Pretty amazing day! I feel tired but I ate a lot of protein and drank BCAA twice, so I should be fine for tomorrow. Need to stretch well tomorrow as well.

Last edited:
23.01.2018 Tuesday

Morning Circuit Training
3 circuits - 30 sec rests between exercices
Squat + OHP 10 reps - 30 kg
Bench Press 5 reps - 50 kg
Bulgarian Bag - 15kg - 20 times half circles behind the back
Body Weight Rows - 10 reps

Finished with 5 minute of different plank variations - basic, on elbows, on sides and etc

My shoulders are burning today :)

Going to rest and stretch today. I have to DL and OHP tomorrow and my shoulders are already tired. Hope they will be fine for the boxing workout at Thursday and I am able to keep my hands up at the spar rounds :) or else... I ll get my face punched.

Last edited:
24.01.2018 Wednesday

Huge day for me personally. Started working as a manager in a small family owned firm and it was a busy day - adds in newspapers, interviewing people, travelling, auditing inventory and etc. I also got my engagement ring back finally. Officially I am single. Also visited a broker and we saw an apartment I liked from an add. Anyway back to the work outs.

Workout B

DL
Warm up sets - x3
4 sets x 5 reps - 60kg - felt it light, 65kg, 65kg, 65kg - added shrugs to the last 2 sets

OHP
Warm up sets - x2
4 sets x 5 reps - 40kg

Accessory
Barbell Rows - 3 sets x 10 reps - 50kg
Machine Rows - 3 sets x 10 reps - 70kg
Machine Hamstring Curls - 3 sets x 10 reps - 55kg
some biceps and triceps curls as I felt bored and not tired enough

Skipped core work - found out I have a 15kg kettlebell left out from my grandfather so I am going to practice Turkish Get Ups on my own at home tomorrow after boxing.

Last edited:
25.01.2018 Thursday

Morning Boxing
3 min rounds 1 min rest
2 pad rounds - working a lot on combos with jabs and crosses and defending afterwards. My footwork sucks!
3 spar rounds - my partners gave me a hard time, but I landed some shots too. Still I am too defensive and afraid to engage, but my offence and defence are at least effective. Improvements on the guard.
3 bag rounds - just free style cardio shit, the coach wanted to tire us out and see how is our guard and feet when tired.
1 round rope skipping - I cant skip rope, but hopefully I ll learn

In general I was told from the coach I am improving and I am feeling the improvements, but I need to work a lot more on footwork when punching and etc. I lose balance, I get my legs too wide spread and I am unable to move well and being heavy on my stance. On the positive I am getting quicker and more relaxed on my upper body.

Squats - 4 sets x 40 kg - 10, 10, 10, 8 reps

Afternoon - 3km run with some stops due to street dogs :D
Tried Turkish Get ups but the 15kg kettlebell was to heavy for this.

Last edited:
26.01.2018 Friday

Morning Circuit Training
8 mins on, 90 sec rest, 8 mins on - 2 rounds
I can not really explain the circuit as I have no clue how most of the exercices are called. But it consists of the following:
- 3 shoulder exercises - mostly accessory stuff with 10 reps
- Bulgarian bag around the back - 15 reps
- wide spread squads with a 20kg plate - 10 reps
- single leg exercise - consisting of lunge + movement - 10 reps per leg
- clean with a 20 kg plate + jump - 10 reps
- 2 sets of plyo push ups - 10 reps (I can manage 6 reps)
- wide push up
- Russian Twist - 10 reps
- 2x core exercises - looking like scissors with the legs
- 2x some core twist

Finished with - 2 sets of 20 reps hyper extensions, 2 sets of 4 exercises x 10 reps for fore arm.

In general the entire work out is mostly with accessory work and some plyo + explosive stuff. It adds a lot to my current work out routine and I happy with what we do in Friday.
The negative the shoulders feel a bit over worked with all the boxing and that almost all of my work outs consist of some shoulder work. However I am still working with low weights so I am not going to cut anything.

Afternoon Run
1.6 km run - had way too many reason to stop - too cold, road was icy and I had to run in a hard terrain, some uncomfortable feel on the left knee.

Last edited:
27.01.2018 Saturday

Night Workout Strength Training A

Squat
Warm up sets x3
4 sets x 5 reps - 60 kg - noticing some form issues

Bench Press
Warm up sets x3
4 sets x 5 reps - 55 kg

Accessory:
Super Set 1
Bulgarian Squad - 3 sets x 10 reps each leg - 15kg dumbbells total weight
Lateral rises - 3 sets x 10 reps - 15kg dumbbels total weight (7.5 kg each)

Super Set 2
Vertical Rows or Pull Downs - 3 sets x 10 reps - 45 kg - the last pulls were barely made
Reverse Flys on a peck deck machine - 3 sets x 10 reps - 35 kg - last reps barely made

Super Set 3
Standing Calf Rises - 2sets x 12 reps - 70 kg
Biceps and triceps curls - 4 sets each muscle group with 15 kg

Hey man, nice to see you starting the new thing. I know you didn't ask but I'll come with a short input and then you can take it or leave it.

I would lower the weight on the reverse flys. As soon as you struggle you are not targeting what you want to target with it. You want to feel it primarily in the back part of the shoulder or a little between the shoulder blades, not in your upper traps or neck. So don't let your shoulders shoot up towards your ears either. Takes some practice.

I know you want to be swole, but the Super Set 3 you could easily remove. If you're skipping and running your calfs will get plenty volume (although calf rasies slow and paused are good for overuse injury prevention), and the curls and triceps you get worked a lot in other activities (pulls, bench, OHP, rows, boxing). Fine if you want to do them, but if you feel like you're doing too much, that Super Set you can go without easily. I would not do it, I would recover instead.

Question, is your max squat and max benchpress the same?

Also, I would upload a squat video and let the guys critique your technique if you feel an issue with form and are not sure. That or film it and upload it and send it to me if you don't want to publicize it.

Anyway, stay on course and keep up the good work! You only need time.

Back