illegal immigration and the US workforce

hello everyone,

i was following the election in France, whilst also thinking about the immigration/H1B/H2B situation here in the states, and i had a question;

if the Trump administration were to completely staunch the flow of illegals to this nation, continue its unleashing of ICE officials from sea to shining sea, while also restricting H1B/H2B visas, would the result be more employed Americans along with higher wages across the board for everyone in those respective fields?

and, if the answer is "yes" to the above, wouldn't that be a wonderful boon to the United States?

my second question would be this;

i figure there would be a cost offset for everything too, as American ITs filled those jobs in the tech industry and earned more....and as Americans replaced Mexican and Central American labor in the kitchens of various restaurants and earned more....and this trend would continue in the construction and hospitality industry, along with the agribusiness.

meaning, either there would be less profits for ownership or the cost for everything would rise for the general public.

so would the end result be a net positive for things like GDP and government spending (since presumably there would be less public assistance as wages went up) or would it be a net negative?

- IGIT

I've thought this for years. I cannot see it another way.

Adding to an old thread:

Indian national who pocketed $20 million by fraudulently importing foreign workers through the H-1B visa program to the U.S. will be deported after he completes time in federal prison.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-fraudulently-importing-h-1b-foreign-workers/

Most of the money has probably been hidden away in India under various relative's names and only 2 years in prison with good behavior. But at least some justice is being seved.

Trump Pulls Huge Segment of Immigrant Work Permits, 124,000 Issued in 2015 Alone

https://conservativetribune.com/trump-pulls-h-4-work-permits/

So as i have said before, the whole "We only hate illegals" is BS.

Its all immigrants that are in danger, and hence why Asians voting Democrat made sense.

>leftist wants a livable wage for everyone
>american businesses get around this by hiring slave labor
>righties want to punish the slaves but not the employers

Ameicans want to prosecute foreign illegals over their own citizens, whats so hard to understand.

Ameicans want to prosecute foreign illegals over their own citizens, whats so hard to understand.

It's easy to understand because most of you are stupid and reactionary and impulsive.

The problem isn't the illegals though, it's the people that hire them without fear of justice.

You don't actually care about solving the problem as long as it feels like someone is doing something.

It's easy to understand because most of you are stupid and reactionary and impulsive.

The problem isn't the illegals though, it's the people that hire them without fear of justice.

You don't actually care about solving the problem as long as it feels like someone is doing something.
They should have stricter vetting.

Corps shouldn't hire illegals and frauds. It's the wrong thing to do.

Illegals and abusers of the HB-1 visa thing should also be deported.

And when they are all stopped being hired like you suggest, what do you now do with the ones here?

Stop the problem at the border like it always has been done.
It won't prevent all, but will stop the majority.

And i have never seen a group of immigrants send more cash out the country like the central Americans.

Besides jobs what about schools.
Liberals bypassed tests on school size and number of seats.

They just recklessly let in too many.
Now schools are over filled and trailer park classrooms are set up on football fields. Looks 3rs world.

What about single family homes that are now occupied by 2 or 3 families.
This has crippled school budgets.

They should have stricter vetting.

Corps shouldn't hire illegals and frauds. It's the wrong thing to do.

Illegals and abusers of the HB-1 visa thing should also be deported.

All visas and immigration should be brought to a stop.
Who ever is in charge of the visa program has completely failed as they have no power in making sure people with expired visas leave.

Prior liberal government officials conatantly worked to fill job sectors wth people on visas and illegals.
Citizens were last.

Prior administrations looked past the American citizen unemployment rates and looked to help everyone else first.

They justify these actions by trying to convince Americans, there are just certain jobs ameicans wont do.

Complete b.s.

All visas and immigration should be brought to a stop.
Who ever is in charge of the visa program has completely failed as they have no power in making sure people with expired visas leave.

Prior liberal government officials conatantly worked to fill job sectors wth people on visas and illegals.
Citizens were last.

Prior administrations looked past the American citizen unemployment rates and looked to help everyone else first.

They justify these actions by trying to convince Americans, there are just certain jobs ameicans wont do.

Complete b.s.

The current visa policy was set by Republicans under Bush Sr.

but to answer more directly, i believe it will improve GDP because a lot of the money being paid to illegal workers is sent back in remittances to their home country and spent there. money paid to domestic workers is far more likely to be spent locally and go back to the businesses who hire and pay those workers. it also gives workers more money to invest in or create local business
The problem is that NO ONE will do the work illegals do for cheap.
Another thing is that we Americans sadly have become Starbucks and cubical office lovers and wont do hard work for shit.
Is not really simple to try to deport all illegals and and hope for Americans to take over or do their work.
It will be a dominoes effect especially for the agricultural and construction sectors, sadly free enterprise economy shines on cheap labor and that is the main issue.

Back