I'm a CO on Riker's Island, AMA

JaviBrewski

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So, as the title says, I'm a Correction Officer on Rikers. For whatever reason when I tell people that they have this oh my reaction. Been on the ob now for a year and a half. Worked pretty much every housing unit in my facility and many a service areas. A few "notorious" inmates ive had the pleasure to have to babysit are the guy who mowed those people down in Times Square a few years back, The crazy russian guy who stabbed a guy eating his breakfast outside a deli in Brooklyn, the guy who decapitated a baby about a decade ago, and the Nebraska man who was arrested in NYC recently for stalking a former Miss NY and Fox News Panelist.

So yea, if theres anything you want to kno about the largest jail complex in the US, ask away. I'll answer to the best of my ability

Why do you keep letting the Kingpin back out? Daredevil worked hard to put him there.

How soon before they wall off Manhattan and mine the bridges and turn the city into the ultimate maximum security federal prison?

Kidding aside, stay safe - you have a tough job, hombre.

Ever have poop flung on you?

And if so, are you pretty much allowed to beat the fuck out of the guy who flung it?

Do people really get raped in prison??? How often??? How do they get drugs in there??? Did you ever catch them making booze???

I've thought about going into corrections for a long time. Only thing I worry about is a inmate spitting on me or throwing piss/shit at me. I'd snap and probably beat them to near death

Have you ever let anybody down in a seriously life-altering way?

How many of your co workers sneak shit in for the prisoners or do other shady shit?

Do you guys try to prevent wig splitting from happening?

Do you know of any female staff willingly giving secual favors to inmates, or is that overblown.

How about female staff with male staff?

Back