I'm a CO on Riker's Island, AMA

We have a CARE unit in case we need to talk to someone. Theres Also a preacher or rabbi or imam around if we need to talk. Push comes to shove you speak to another CO.

As for me, I fish on my pass days and spend time with my wife and kid. It's easy for me to leave the bullshit of work on the island and not bring it home with me

Great you can manage that easily, relatively speaking I'm sure. As I am sure you are aware many cannot.

That is kind of late to become a CO aint it?

Most co's start in their early 20's but its a state job with great benefits so u get a lot of guys who transition to it from the civilian sector.

In all actuality the guys who transition later in life are better CO's. The young guys think their hot shit judge dredd types and are part of the problem with correctional facilities.

It's the same thing with cops, generally the worst cops are the one who start early and get some kind of superiority complex, guys that the military actually turn down.

Close. I was walking out intake when a guy in a pen flung shit. Missed me thankfully. Hit the wall and door next to me tho.

If we get spit on we have to retaliate instantaneously, otherwise it's a bad use of force.

Who cleans up the poop?

Were you inspired to write a will?

You’re not getting off that easy, we want the whole enchilada. Start typing man.
5 on 1 fight. Dude was getting fucked up. I had no it her choice but to spray.

Saw on video one crook hit a female in the face with a towel. She gave him a good one two combo with a side of fries and a coke

NYC doesn't have an age limitation. I had people in my academy who were pushing their upper 50s
Haha we had a dude in my class that was in his mid fifties. He got nicknamed Grand Torino.

He was just going through to be a reserve officer.

So, as the title says, I'm a Correction Officer on Rikers. For whatever reason when I tell people that they have this oh my reaction. Been on the ob now for a year and a half. Worked pretty much every housing unit in my facility and many a service areas. A few "notorious" inmates ive had the pleasure to have to babysit are the guy who mowed those people down in Times Square a few years back, The crazy russian guy who stabbed a guy eating his breakfast outside a deli in Brooklyn, the guy who decapitated a baby about a decade ago, and the Nebraska man who was arrested in NYC recently for stalking a former Miss NY and Fox News Panelist.

So yea, if theres anything you want to kno about the largest jail complex in the US, ask away. I'll answer to the best of my ability

I did IT work there 3 times. The last time I was in the women's high school putting in the computer lab. Every time my contact left like 12 puerto rican girls came in. I was hoping from prison sex. Contact kept fucking blocking me that salty old cracka!

How many Sherdoggers are currently incarcerated at Rikers?

Do people really get raped in prison??? How often??? How do they get drugs in there??? Did you ever catch them making booze???

Over 200,000 inmates report being raped per year in the US.

Those are the ones who snitch about it, or otherwise have to receive medical care because of it. The number is probably much higher.

Back