I'm an Atheist/Nihilist, ask me anyting

Helmer pretty much ruined Paul Lynde for everyone, but I have to admit, I fucking love calling Sherdog a "karate forum" and I believe he started that one.
He did a lot of great work over the years.

How did you arrive at your latter statement from the former?

Well. All claims of a cosmic egg, reincarnation, hell and paradise have no evidence. They compete with eachother, are illogical and contradictory.

There are about 3000 different religions today, all worshiping one thing or another. All pander to delusion based on wishful thinking.

Read the book the Big Picture by Sean Carroll, an astrophysicist who shows how anything beyond mathemaatical calculations are total fiction. Until Zeus shows up we are atheist.

He shows how the universe works and how upon death we return to natural elements. Mostly carbon.

Man you guys are so fucking annoying. Worse than the religious types.

Nobody cares what you believe man. I’m sure you find ways on a daily basis to tell someone your an
Atheist

To me guys like you are the most annoying people around.
Telling everyone what you believe
And how your beliefs are best.

I never hear
People talk about religion and how you should believe in god but you guys are either so vocal or in large numbers
You guys don’t shit the fuck up about it.

“ here are my beliefs ask me questions” meanwhile your hugging your own farts walking around with an undeserved sense
Of accomplishment.

Jk. But not about how annoying guys like you are and you fellas
Never shut the fuck up.

Man you guys are so fucking annoying. Worse than the religious types.

Nobody cares what you believe man. I’m sure you find ways on a daily basis to tell someone your an
Atheist

To me guys like you are the most annoying people around.
Telling everyone what you believe
And how your beliefs are best.

I never hear
People talk about religion and how you should believe in god but you guys are either so vocal or in large numbers
You guys don’t shit the fuck up about it.

“ here are my beliefs ask me questions” meanwhile your hugging your own farts walking around with an undeserved sense
Of accomplishment.

Jk. But not about how annoying guys like you are and you fellas
Never shut the fuck up.
Atheism will never be as annoying as cowboy poetry.

Don't post in cowboy poetry.

Well. All claims of a cosmic egg, reincarnation, hell and paradise have no evidence. They compete with eachother, are illogical and contradictory.

There are about 3000 different religions today, all worshiping one thing or another. All pander to delusion based on wishful thinking.

Read the book the Big Picture by Sean Carroll, an astrophysicist who shows how anything beyond mathemaatical calculations are total fiction. Until Zeus shows up we are atheist.

You wrote there's no evidence either way of anything happening after death, so how are you making any conclusion on what "probably happens"?

You wrote there's no evidence either way of anything that happens after death, so how are you making any conclusion on what "probably happens"?

Look at it this way. There is no evidence of unicorns or Lepricauns. I'm probably sure they don't exist.

The onus is on those making wild claimes. My claim that there is nothing has been consistent and verified for thousands of years.

I'm open to being proven wrong. But I won't hold my breath.

Great show, and my only previous exposure to the phrase "I'm a LaVeyan Satanist" (heard of LaVey before, of course).
It's a great show. My favorite scene is that one:

One of the best uses of the word fascist.

Anyway, LaVeyan satanism was big when I was around 13-15(2005~). All the cool nerd kids were into it. They just called themselves satanists. After that they became Dawkinists.

It's a great show. My favorite scene is that one:

One of the best uses of the word fascist.

Anyway, LaVeyan satanism was big when I was around 13-15(2005~). All the cool nerd kids were into it. They just called themselves satanists. After that they became Dawkinists.

Don't want to blow it for @HomerThompson by posting, but the scene when Russ Hanneman first comes to the house is my favorite. But, yeah, that's a good one.

"Satanism" was also a thing among the youth for quite a while in the Northern hemisphere, but it had very little to do with LaVey's version of it. It was more crude, violent and outright hostile phenomenon. Church burnings, animal sacrifices, occult rituals and even murder were associated with it.

It does amuse me how effortlessly most of those people just moved on and blended into society, once they were done with that phase in their lives. It shows that most of us do what they do for the thrill, for the energy, for the momentum, rather than any sort of rational, intellectual foundation, that we take some sort of a "deep insight" into our lives from.

Whatever movement has momentum behind it, and energy to spare, will have people flocking into it.

Last edited:
Yes, I've also found out about others I know being Laveyan Satanists. Very cringe worthy.

Really? Look at these tenets of the Satanic Temple vs the violent, racist garbage in the Bible and Koran:

THERE ARE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS OF THE SATANIC TEMPLE:
  • One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
  • The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
  • One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
  • The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
  • Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
  • People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
  • Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word
https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/tenets

I'm friendly and will not bite. There are two types of Atheism:

If the Bible, let's say old testament, had truth to it would you believe?

For example evolution claims.
God said unto the serpent for this you will forever crawl on your belly. As if he had other plans for the serpent.

What if it does turn out to be that snakes have always moved about in the way they do now would it give you pause?

God said unto the serpent for this you will forever crawl on your belly. As if he had other plans for the serpent.

What if it does turn out to be that snakes have always moved about in the way they do now would it give you pause?

So who trick Adam and Eve?
The Devil or snakes? Why would God punish snakes for something Satan did?

Agnosticism is a legitimate philosophical position, but it is not a third alternative or a halfway house between theism and atheism.

Instead, it is a variation of either theism or atheism. The self proclaimed agnostic must still designate whether he does or does not believe in a god - and in doing so he commits himself to theism or atheism. Agnosticism is not the escape clause that it is commonly thought to be.

Of Course we are all agnostic as we will never know, but I don't believe in the ferry tales. Some people do. So then they are "believers".
It's spelled "fairy tales", not "ferry." If you're going to be a condescending prick, at least avoid these types of blunders.

Sure, all we need is some evidence. The thing about religion is that it thrives in mystery and lack of evidence. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in claims. For example, you are atheist about the tooth ferry, but if you see one suddenly appear in front of millions, it becomes "truth". Then we would believe.

I don't see these old Hebrew myths as truth, written by bronze age nomads who knew nothing of the natural world. Even within the same verses, there are so many different interpretations. Let alone the different ancient books. Many say they are just symbolic. Some see lessons in them, some see nothing. We can trace the flood and Noah's ark story to Mesopotamia centuries earlier. The story of Adam and eve from the Greek Pandora's box. Cultures borrow ideas through conquest, symbiosis, etc. None of them any proof of an actual invisible deity interested in our petty desires.

Were are told it's Satan but the Bible never says this.

So now we are talking about a "talking snake". Still why would God punish all snakes over the deeds of just one snake?

This is the stuff that made me quickly realise how the bible is just old stories told by people trying too explain the world they lived in.

Sure, all we need is some evidence. The thing about religion is that it thrives in mystery and lack of evidence. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in claims.
You mean lack of belief in a certain claim? You cant call yourself an atheist for not believing in Bigfoot correct?

Anyways was just wondering what level
Of evidence you'd need to start believing.
I think I'd give pause in my disbelief if there was some real world truths in the Bible. Or any of the books.
Not that I'd start worshipping said God though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back