PlayStation I'm Buying a PS3!

TheGZA

Excellent! But not good.
@Brown
Reaction score
Good news, everyone! I'm returning after a long layoff (mostly missed the last generation) by buying a PS3. I never had a PS2, so I'm going to grab some re-released PS2 exclusives I missed (Ratchet and Clank, ect.).

I have some questions for the brain trust:

1. Big PS3? Slim? Super Slim? Recommended HDD size?

2. Game suggestions? Any must-haves for the PS3? I'm planning to grab the PS3 Yakuza titles.

Thanks for the help!

Uncharted 1-3 ---- My favorite series
MGS collection and MGS4
Red Dead Redemption
The last of us --- Probably the greatest game ever
Assassins Creed 2, and brotherhood --- forget the rest of the series.
Deus Ex Human Revolution
TT's The walking dead season 1

As for the hardware: Get the slim with a large HDD.

GTA 5
Arkham Asylum series
God of War series
Bioshock Infinite
LA Noire
Mass Effect Series
Portal

Last edited:
Every Ratchet And Clank game on PS3 is legit
Resistance : Fall Of Man 1, 2 and 3 is my favorite FPS series on PS3
3D Dot Game Heroes is a great game

Buy the original MGS on PSN

If you like RPGS
Ni No Kuni and Trails of Cold Steel 1&2

544.png

How is it overrated? It is one of the greatest games I’ve ever played. I didn’t need media to tell me that either. I honestly didn’t even know what the game was before playing it. I was blown away.

Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls 1 & 2.
Play Demon’s souls ASAP. The servers are going to be deactivated after February 28th.

How is it overrated? It is one of the greatest games I’ve ever played. I didn’t need media to tell me that either. I honestly didn’t even know what the game was before playing it. I was blown away.

Myself and many other people I know couldn't play that game for more than an hour without gettng bored to absolute tears.

Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls 1 & 2.
Play Demon’s souls ASAP. The servers are going to be deactivated after February 28th.

Hang on, wtf, now ive not played this gane but i remember my room mate playing it and it looked like a single player game.

Is this ANOTHER example my single player modes should always, always be implemented in developing a game before any multiplayer shit is added?

Hang on, wtf, now ive not played this gane but i remember my room mate playing it and it looked like a single player game.

Is this ANOTHER example my single player modes should always, always be implemented in developing a game before any multiplayer shit is added?

It’s primarily single player, but it’s got a unique and creative way in which multiplayer interacts with the single player. If you’re having trouble with a boss you can call in other players to help you do some coop. Or be invaded by other players for some PVP (or invade their games). It’s really cool.

The Killzone series is great and Borderlands 2 is one of the best games of all time

I loved Uncharted. Still probably the best campaign games I've ever played.

Tekken 5 DR
Soul Calibur II HD

Get those on PSN right away before it gets shut down and they are lost forever.

PS3 is a great system and you can find games even sealed copies on the cheap on ebay.

I've been gaming since around 1986 and the PS3/360 generation just might be the goat generation for gaming.

I have an XB1 and I still play a lot of 360 games. Xbox One has backwards comparability, but I still keep my 360 hooked up for several games that aren't available through backwards comparability.

Last edited:
The Last of Us
Infamous 1 & 2
Prototype 1 & 2
Fallout 3
Uncharted Trilogy

I can't remember what other PS3 titles I enjoyed...

Back