PlayStation I'm Buying a PS3!

If you get one that's backwards compatible with PS2 games (since you skipped it).

Victorious Boxers 1 & 2

It isn't that Last of Us is a bad game, it is that it just isn't much of a game at all. The story is good but the "gameplay" is almost non existent if you really think about it. It's a film mascaraing as a game, I don't mind games like RPG's that focus less on combat and more on story but at least give me some choices. Last of Us is totally linear in the levels and story. Playing on harder difficulties just results in wasting more of your time with no real benefit since the only point of the "game" is to see the cut scenes. That being said media like this is subjective so I see both sides, this was also the first naughty dog game I played and I really didn't know I was getting into a interactive film instead of a game where you actually have skill involved. Even games with bad combat (a lot of rpgs) have skill in the way you create your character and define their attributes, Last of Us is just walking your self through a movie (albeit a interesting and good one). You said it your self, "experience", that is what it is, it's not a game.
A lot of people love it though. That’s why it was suggested for the TS.

A lot of people love it though. That’s why it was suggested for the TS.
As it should be, see I bought the hype and didn't know what kind of "game" it was going to be. I was disappointing because it wasn't the type of game I wanted to play at the time. As much shit as I talked about it I would still recommend it for the TS. I just wanted to temper the expectations because some people hype it up as one of the best games ever, which it isn't, because it isn't a game its a story.

Stop posting about Last of Us. You're adding nothing of substance to the thread topic.

As it should be, see I bought the hype and didn't know what kind of "game" it was going to be. I was disappointing because it wasn't the type of game I wanted to play at the time. As much shit as I talked about it I would still recommend it for the TS. I just wanted to temper the expectations because some people hype it up as one of the best games ever, which it isn't, because it isn't a game its a story.
A lot of people think it’s one of the best games ever and for good reason. To say it’s not a game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard lol not everybody is super Bloodborne hardcore on hardest difficulty type gamer who can only enjoy the game if you have to be good or try your hardest ever to play. Not every game has to be like that to be a game. Until Dawn isn’t a game either?? That’s another fun one. Not as epic as Last of Us but still fun.

Every Ratchet And Clank game on PS3 is legit
Resistance : Fall Of Man 1, 2 and 3 is my favorite FPS series on PS3
3D Dot Game Heroes is a great game
Seeing 3d dot heros is awesome

Speaking of 3d dot heros I advise getting damn near any ps3 game published by Atilus

I advise getting damn near any ps3 game published by Atilus
And if not for gameplay purposes, buy them for collectors purposes. PS3 games are fairly cheap because it's the previous generation but if you can snag quality condition games do so now because they should go up in value. The Atlus games especially.

A kind of not as well known game that I had fun with on the PS3 is Dragons Crown. It's like an old side scrolling beat 'em up RPG. From the same developer Odin Sphere is a cool game as well.

Not exclusive the the PS3 but the Rayman games are fun as hell for short bursts of gameplay.

Last edited:
Super Slim w/sliding disc cover. 500GB. Check Walmart.com now and then for brand new for like $149.

A kind of not as well known game that I had fun with on the PS3 is Dragons Crown. It's like an old side scrolling beat 'em up RPG. From the same developer Odin Sphere is a cool game as well.

Theres a remaster of Dragons Crown coming out on the PS4 soon. Have just bought Odin Sphere for the PS4 as it was on sale the other day, looking forward to getting around to playing it soon.

i bought a ps3 just to play The Last of Us. Best $300 i ever spent

Myself and many other people I know couldn't play that game for more than an hour without gettng bored to absolute tears.
That's because you can't be an asshole in a single player game.

That's because you can't be an asshole in a single player game.
Ever played any Bethesda games? Lol. I assure you, you can be quite the asshole in Elder Scrolls and especially Fallout.

Yakuza 4 and 5 are a must

Came here to say that. I'd even toss in 3 too because all Yakuza games are amazing. I still need to play 5 and 0 and those HD remakes...6 is releasing this year too? Man, I'm way behind on that series despite actually buying a physical copy of the first two PS2 Yakuza games back in the day.

Back