I'm Fine With GSP Not Defending BUT Not McGregor

ferguson is the interim champ hence top contender, no1s blaming conor for top 15 fighters not fighting each other but saying ferguson isn't the top contender and there is no top contender is stupid.

I never said he wasn't NOW.

I did point out though that Ferguson only became the interim champ and #1 contender in October of 2017, 11 months into Conor's absence. That's on Ferguson, not Conor. He had been told by the UFC and Conor that he was not the #1 contender, and was still not fighting. That's Ferguson's fault.

Geez, man. I said he was being hyperbolic.....

HINT: I was being hyperbolic too!

HINT: Sarcasm at your hyperbole

ZERO reason for GSP not defending his belt, thus he ran over a pregnant woman for some coke bags as far as I'm concerned.

People are upset with Conor because he has NEVER defended a belt

Yeah, fuck Conor for not defending his Cage belts to instead join the UFC, like countless other minor league champs routinely also do.

He's burning UFC bridges with this decision. I mean fuck, ok you've got health issues, but don't vacate the belt, let it go interim and then defend it when better.

This is 2 belts in 2 fights he's vacated, Dana and the UFC will most likely be very cautious of giving him another fight, if at all.
there already is an interm champion waiting to fight, since gsp is injured they were gonna make him defend his interm belt, so GSP being the man he is decided to vacvate the belt so it wasn't a cluster fuck like what conor created at LW. Not hard for people to understand. Sherdog is filled with some retards tho

Well GSP made a decision, shorty after winning the belt...to vacate.
Nothing wrong with that...
With this decision he isn't holding up a division...and not defending for over a whole year...

Conor won the belt...took a baby break...but instead defending after the break...took the money fight...and now, 4 month after his boxing fight...there is still no fight signed...

GSP situation is like...ok guys here it is...that is what i do...1 month after his fight....

Conor's situation is like...still nothing signed after over a whole year...and the Challenger is right there...

GSP situation is like...ok guys here it is...that is what i do...1 month after his fight....

Conor's situation is like...still nothing signed after over a whole year...and the Challenger is right there...

This is called being disingenious considering the challenger only got confirmed in October. It's a similar timeline, but of course there's a double standard.

Noob

That's ridiculous reasoning that has no relevance

Gsp's situation was far far worse.

Gsp was retired for 4 years and got a title shot while having never ever fought at MW before.

Gsp coming back and getting that title shot is what messed up MW to begin with.

Gsp even had it in cotract that he was supposed to defend.

So Gsp basically pulled a con job with the only goal to win a good match up and then bounce. Thats despite Gsp always claiming the opposite pre-fight...

Thats far far far far worse...

Conor said he does plan to defend vs Tony. The reason why Conor isn't fighting is because the UFC are not paying Conor his worth. So for Conor all blame goes on UFC for being cheap skates with Conor despite the fact Conor was responsible over 50% of revenue for 2016 and 2017 (Conor's boxing match is the only reason why UFC still made great profits this year)

Furrhermore,

Conor was an active fighter and active champion moving up a weight class. So his title shot was far more justified then Gsps....

Conor brought excitement and history to his title fight and title win

Conor winning the title didnt fuck up LW, like Gsp winning the MW belt did.

With Conor, it was also Khabib pulling out multiple times against Tony that fucked up the LW division

So in other words,

1. Gsp himself fucked up MW. Where as Conor was not responsible for any log jams at LW. Any supposed log jams at LW were all caused by "2 fights in 4 years Khabib" and "I turn down fights left and right Nate".

2. Gsp never even deserved the shot. Where as Conor was an actual active fighter and current champion getting a far more justified shot at a higher weight.

Btw,

Conor haters love to talk about how Conor's "2 belt accomplishment was manufactured"...

Wrong! Gsp's 2 belt accomplishment WAS MANUFACTIRED as Gsp's MW belt was a complete joke.

Heck Conor is the most legit 2 belt champ in MMA history. Conor is the only 2 belt champ who was truly ranked #1 in both divisions they won the belts of. Conor is the only 2 belt champ who beat the real lineal #1 champs of two divisions

3. Conor not fighting right now is the result of the UFC and neogations. Conor just came out and set the record straight recently stating HE DOES WANT TO FIGHT, but that he needs to be paid his worth and fair share first

HINT: Sarcasm at your hyperbole

ZERO reason for GSP not defending his belt, thus he ran over a pregnant woman for some coke bags as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, but GSP is vacating. We want Conor to do that. Or to have already done that with the quickness GSP did.

You could look at GSP's quick vacating of the belt and see exactly why he doesn't get the hate Conor does. It's pretty obvious. Clog up a division get hate. Vacate a belt and don't get hate.

You're talking apples to oranges.

Yeah, but GSP is vacating. We want Conor to do that. Or to have already done that with the quickness GSP did.

You could look at GSP's quick vacating of the belt and see exactly why he doesn't get the hate Conor does. It's pretty obvious. Clog up a division get hate. Vacate a belt and don't get hate.

You're talking apples to oranges.

Conor plans to defend his belt and prove legitimacy to it. GSP doesn't. Big difference!

That's ridiculous reasoning that has no relevance

Gsp's situation was far far worse.

Gsp was retired for 4 years and got a title shot while having never ever fought at MW before.

Gsp coming back and getting that title shot is what messed up MW to begin with.

Gsp even had it in cotract that he was supposed to defend.

So Gsp basically pulled a con job with the only goal to win a good match up and then bounce. Thats despite Gsp always claiming the opposite pre-fight...

Thats far far far far worse...

Conor said he does plan to defend vs Tony. The reason why Conor isn't fighting is because the UFC are not paying Conor his worth. So for Conor all blame goes on UFC for being cheap skates with Conor despite the fact Conor was responsible over 50% of revenue for 2016 and 2017 (Conor's boxing match is the only reason why UFC still made great profits this year)

Furrhermore,

Conor was an active fighter and active champion moving up a weight class. So his title shot was far more justified then Gsps....

Conor brought excitement and history to his title fight and title win

Conor winning the title didnt fuck up LW, like Gsp winning the MW belt did.

With Conor, it was also Khabib pulling out multiple times against Tony that fucked up the LW division

So in other words,

1. Gsp himself fucked up MW. Where as Conor was not responsible for any log jams at LW. Any supposed log jams at LW were all caused by "2 fights in 4 years Khabib" and "I turn down fights left and right Nate".

2. Gsp never even deserved the shot. Where as Conor was an actual active fighter and current champion getting a far more justified shot at a higher weight.

Btw,

Conor haters love to talk about how Conor's "2 belt accomplishment was manufactured"...

Wrong! Gsp's 2 belt accomplishment WAS MANUFACTIRED as Gsp's MW belt was a complete joke.

Heck Conor is the most legit 2 belt champ in MMA history. Conor is the only 2 belt champ who was truly ranked #1 in both divisions they won the belts of. Conor is the only 2 belt champ who beat the real lineal #1 champs of two divisions

3. Conor not fighting right now is the result of the UFC and neogations. Conor just came out and set the record straight recently stating HE DOES WANT TO FIGHT, but that he needs to be paid his worth and fair share first

No, man, no. It doesn't work like all that. You just have to either defend OR vacate. GSP has vacated so all is well on that front. We want Conor to LIKEWISE vacate.

That's how it works.

Conor plans to defend his belt and prove legitimacy to it. GSP doesn't. Big difference!
The road to hell is paved with "plans". I couldn't give two fucks about Conor's plans any more than the rest of MMA fans can. We're sick of his bs and plans.

We need action. A signed contract or else vacate. It's really not difficult. Defend or vacate - not PLAN to (eventually, at some undisclosed point in a potential future) defend or plan to vacate. You make it sound like we want to live off of plans and promises. Fights are secured with signed contracts.

Defend or vacate. The mantra is simple and the scenario you describe does not come close to meeting it's conditions.

I "plan" to be s jedi so treat me like I have powers? Naw. "A jedi does or does not. There is no plan."

Conor does not. We want him to vacate now. It's been embarrassing enough.

We were told 2 fuckin years ago, that if he wins against Aldo, he's gonna defend against Frankie. Didn't happen instead got choked out by a dude who took the fight on 10 days notice. Them after the 2nd fight, we were told he was gonna rematch Aldo, doesn't happen. Fights Eddie Alvarez beats him, says he's gonna take a little time off, fights Floyd Mayweather gets beat. And as of now still hasn't defended, or even said anything close to defending it.

GSP steps away for a few years; goes up in weight fights the champion, chokes him out, before doing this says he's prolly not gonna stay at 185. One month later vacates the belt, and doesn't hold up the division like a real champ does.

The road to hell is paved with "plans". I couldn't give two fucks about Conor's plans any more than the rest of MMA fans can. We're sick of his bs and plans.

We need action. A signed contract or else vacate. It's really not difficult. Defend or vacate - not PLAN to (eventually, at some undisclosed point in a potential future) defend or plan to vacate. You make it sound like we want to live off of plans and promises. Fights are secured with signed contracts.

Defend or vacate. The mantra is simple and the scenario you describe does not come close to meeting it's conditions.

I "plan" to be s jedi so treat me like I have powers? Naw. "A jedi does or does not. There is no plan."

Conor does not. We want him to vacate now. It's been embarrassing enough.

You act as if anyone gives two fucks what people on Sherdog think. Nobody does, not Conor, and certainly not the UFC.

Conor does what's best for him, not what you want to see on Television. He will defend his belt when his schedule frees up, and you'll sit there and deal with it.

You act as if anyone gives two fucks what people on Sherdog think. Nobody does, not Conor, and certainly not the UFC.

Conor does what's best for him, not what you want to see on Television. He will defend his belt when his schedule frees up, and you'll sit there and deal with it.

I'm acting like a fan who can't give a shit about his schedule or anything else you mention. Also, he's not defending shit. That's a bedtime story he tells to idiots and morons while he lives his life, not what you see on TV. Then he takes the biggest $ fight which will be a boxing match.

You believe his stories if you want. You can believe him and Dana. But I'm telling you that's a moronic move.

As for Conor doing what's best for him, I'm not mad at him for that. If I were Conor I might do the same thing BUT I'd vacate the belt.

So basically, until he vacates, I'll be saying "vacate". And you'll sit there and deal with it.

Or continue trying to debate it.

If Conor leaves the belt, I have no issues with him not fighting. You can't make someone fight - but if they hold the belt they have to defend it against all comers.

GSP strolled in, got his superfight, and got out. That's the way to do it.

I'm acting like a fan who can't give a shit about his schedule or anything else you mention. Also, he's not defending shit. That's a bedtime story he tells to idiots and morons while he lives his life, not what you see on TV. Then he takes the biggest $ fight which will be a boxing match.

You believe his stories if you want. You can believe him and Dana. But I'm telling you that's a moronic move.

As for Conor doing what's best for him, I'm not mad at him for that. If I were Conor I might do the same thing BUT I'd vacate the belt.

So basically, until he vacates, I'll be saying "vacate". And you'll sit there and deal with it.

Or continue trying to debate it.

I'm just trying to help you. You can say vacate all you want, but it's not going to make it happen.

Atleast GSP had the common courtesy to relinquish the belt. That's just his character.

McGregor holds on to title's he doesn't defend because of his fragile ego.

He doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself, including his "girlfriend or main" he's too afraid to marry

Back