I'm getting enCaged! (UPDATE - Movie #9: Fire Birds)

G

Guestx

nicholas-cage-con-air.jpg

After the unexpected revival of my Ethan Hawke on Nicolas Cage thread a few days ago, it got me to thinking. I love Nic Cage so much, I said to myself, but there are still so many films of his that I haven't seen.

And my conclusion was that I have no choice but to rectify this woeful situation!

My appreciation of The Cage started in 1996 with the release of The Rock. I was 15 at the time and went to see it with my dad. I did not, at that time, know much about Nicky but I ended up loving the movie. And his reputation as a true King of Awesomeness was solidified one year later when he made Face/Off.

Since then I have seen so many movies of his that I love: Raising Arizona, The Weather Man, National Treasure, Leaving Las Vegas, Lord of War, Guarding Tess, the list just goes on and on. . .

But there are still so many movies to see, especially much of his more recent DTV work. So that's what's up. I'm going to watch EVERY SINGLE movie in which Nicolas Cage has participated, whether live action or animated. The only thing that can let me off the hook is if I just can't find the movie, which might happen in the case of a few of his made-for-TV appearances.

As new Cage movies are released, I'll add them to the list. If I've already seen it, I'll watch it again. As I finish a movie, I'll update the list by italicizing that film's name. And I'll also be sure to write up a review for anyone who is interested.

Oh, and I plan to go in no particular order. I'm just going wherever the road takes me.

So with that said, let's fucking do this!

The official list (orange means watched):

Looking Glass
Mandy
The Humanity Bureau
Mom and Dad
Inconceivable
Vengeance: A Love Story
Arsenal
Army of One
USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage
Snowden
Dog Eat Dog
The Trust
Pay the Ghost
The Runner
Dying of the Light
Left Behind
Outcast
Rage
Joe
The Frozen Ground
The Croods
Stolen
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Trespass
Seeking Justice
Drive Angry
Season of the Witch
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Kick-Ass
Astro Boy
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
G-Force
Knowing
Bangkok Dangerous
National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Next
Grindhouse
Ghost Rider
The Wicker Man
World Trade Center
The Ant Bully
The Weather Man
Lord of War
National Treasure
Matchstick Men
Adaptation
Sonny
Windtalkers
Christmas Carol: The Movie
Captain Corelli's Mandolin
The Family Man
Gone in Sixty Seconds
Bringing Out the Dead
8MM
Snake Eyes
City of Angels
Face/Off
Con Air
The Rock
Leaving Las Vegas
Kiss of Death
Trapped in Paradise
It Could Happen to You
Guarding Tess
Deadfall
Red Rock West
Amos & Andrew
Honeymoon in Vegas
Zandalee
Industrial Symphony No. 1: The Dream of the Brokenhearted
Fire Birds
Wild at Heart
Time to Kill
Never on Tuesday
Vampire's Kiss
Moonstruck
Raising Arizona
Peggy Sue Got Married
The Boy in Blue
Birdy
The Cotton Club
Racing with the Moon
Rumble Fish
Valley Girl
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Best of Times

Last edited by a moderator:
You will be missed.

wk62xv3.gif

I'm pretty sure this is the movie list they use at Guantanamo.

Well he made like 2 or 3 tolerable ones so there's that.

Quick thread hijack though: Anyone wonder how in the hell Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman have not starred in a neo noir together?

Why would you do this to yourself? He's had like four movies that aren't unbearable.

Maybe five?

Here's a comment I made in another thread. . .

Personally, I have enjoyed:

Guarding Tess
Raising Arizona
The Rock
Face Off
National Treasure
Leaving Las Vegas
Bringing Out the Dead
Joe
The Croods
The Family Man
Adaptation
Matchstick Men
Lord of War
Kick Ass
. . . and the incredibly underrated The Weather Man.

Here's a comment I made in another thread. . .

Personally, I have enjoyed:

Guarding Tess
Raising Arizona
The Rock
Face Off
National Treasure
Leaving Las Vegas
Bringing Out the Dead
Joe
The Croods
The Family Man
Adaptation
Matchstick Men
Lord of War
Kick Ass
. . . and the incredibly underrated The Weather Man.
I only like five of those that I saw, plus con air, but to each his own. I think it's a cool project though tbh

Yeah, I'm anticipating that this is going to take about a year, especially considering that new movies are going to be added as time goes on.
If it's to take you a year, you really need the Nic Cage calendar to compliment things

cage-calendar-4.jpg

Get ready for a substantial drop off as you enter the noughties.

Ha, funnily enough Con Air is one of his movies that I think is actually a bit overrated.

Somebody should follow my lead and do the same thing for Casper Van Dien.
It's not a great movie but I like it lol. Van Dien? I've seen Tarzan, both Starship Troopers that he's in, and sleepy hollow. That's all I can think of.

nicholas-cage-con-air.jpg

After the unexpected revival of my Ethan Hawke on Nicolas Cage thread a few days ago, it got me to thinking. I love Nic Cage so much, I said to myself, but there are still so many films of his that I haven't seen.

And my conclusion was that I have no choice but to rectify this woeful situation!

My appreciation of The Cage started in 1996 with the release of The Rock. I was 15 at the time and went to see it with my dad. I did not, at that time, know much about Nicky but I ended up loving the movie. And his reputation as a true King of Awesomeness was solidified one year later when he made Face/Off.

Since then I have seen so many movies of his that I love: Raising Arizona, The Weather Man, National Treasure, Leaving Las Vegas, Lord of War, Guarding Tess, the list just goes on and on. . .

But there are still so many movies to see, especially much of his more recent DTV work. So that's what's up. I'm going to watch EVERY SINGLE movie in which Nicolas Cage has participated, whether live action or animated. The only thing that can let me off the hook is if I just can't find the movie, which might happen in the case of a few of his made-for-TV appearances.

As new Cage movies are released, I'll add them to the list. If I've already seen it, I'll watch it again. As I finish a movie, I'll update the list by italicizing that film's name. And I'll also be sure to write up a review for anyone who is interested.

So with that said, let's fucking do this!

The official list:

USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage
Snowden
Dog Eat Dog
The Trust
Pay the Ghost
The Runner
Dying of the Light
Left Behind
Outcast
Rage
Joe
The Frozen Ground
The Croods
Stolen
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Trespass
Seeking Justice
Drive Angry
Season of the Witch
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Kick-Ass
Astro Boy
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
G-Force
Knowing
Bangkok Dangerous
National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Next
Grindhouse
Ghost Rider
The Wicker Man
World Trade Center
The Ant Bully
The Weather Man
Lord of War
National Treasure
Matchstick Men
Adaptation.
Sonny
Windtalkers
Christmas Carol: The Movie
Captain Corelli's Mandolin
The Family Man
Gone in Sixty Seconds
Bringing Out the Dead
8MM
Snake Eyes
City of Angels
Face/Off
Con Air
The Rock
Leaving Las Vegas
Kiss of Death
Trapped in Paradise
It Could Happen to You
Guarding Tess
Deadfall
Red Rock West
Amos & Andrew
Honeymoon in Vegas
Zandalee
Industrial Symphony No. 1: The Dream of the Brokenhearted
Fire Birds
Wild at Heart
Time to Kill
Never on Tuesday
Vampire's Kiss
Moonstruck
Raising Arizona
Peggy Sue Got Married
The Boy in Blue
Birdy
The Cotton Club
Racing with the Moon
Rumble Fish
Valley Girl
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Best of Times

I AM EXCITED FOR YOUR JOURNEY MY FELLOW NICOLAS CAGE FAN!!

Get ready for a substantial drop off as you enter the noughties.

Yeah, from what I can see starting at about 2006 the waters might start getting pretty choppy. But then again, who knows, maybe I'll get there and be like, "Damn, Nic and Hayden Christensen as medieval warriors in China is exactly what I needed!"

I should point out that I don't plan to go in any particular order though. Gonna mix it up. I should probably add that to the OP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back