"I'm glad the officer is OK" says man who thought he was shooting hookers

i listened to an entire radio broadcast about it. It was about dementia and gun safety.

Did you also sleep in a holiday in express last night (or whatever hotel it is that makes you an expert on everything).???

So.... does the cop have to register as a sex offender?

The people arguing with him have never even heard of this problem

Becsuse it probably isn’t a real problem, I can’t imagine there’s enough cases of this to warrant an actual study. It was probably just on NPR and he didn’t turn the station after democracy now was over.

Becsuse it probably isn’t a real problem, I can’t imagine there’s enough cases of this to warrant an actual study. It was probably just on NPR and he didn’t turn the station after democracy now was over.

Exactly. You don't know anything about whether there's a problem or not. It's something you've never heard of before.

For a lot of 2A people, information on gun problems only comes their way when 2A organizations start arguing against the problem. Not sure if that describes you or not.

We have more seniors than ever before and this is resulting in some very unexpected problems. Gun violence could quite easily be one of them.

Also, how many demented seniors need to shoot innocent people for you to consider it a problem? Legitimate question since you sound like you have a threshold to be crossed.

Exactly. You don't know anything about whether there's a problem or not. It's something you've never heard of before.

For a lot of 2A people, information on gun problems only comes their way when 2A organizations start arguing against the problem. Not sure if that describes you or not.

We have more seniors than ever before and this is resulting in some very unexpected problems. Gun violence could quite easily be one of them.

Also, how many demented seniors need to shoot innocent people for you to consider it a problem? Legitimate question since you sound like you have a threshold to be crossed.

Sorry dude, but perhaps I don’t know about it because it’s not a problem. Not everybody who disagrees with you is as low information as you’d like to believe.

How many do I need to consider it a problem??? I don’t know, how many have there been??? How many did it take for the person to get on the radio and talk about it. I mean if it’s such a big issue, surely I’d have heard of it.

Only read the first one, took about 30’seconds to see it’s just somebodies idea not backed by research. Sort of like how people look for things to call racist so they can get published, it’s a flavor of the week article. I’ll try to read the second one later on though.

Only read the first one, took about 30’seconds to see it’s just somebodies idea not backed by research. Sort of like how people look for things to call racist so they can get published, it’s a flavor of the week article. I’ll try to read the second one later on though.

Lol are you joking? The entire thing is one giant piece of research, from the gun violence numbers to the shifting behaviour shaping this problem to the changing historical context.

Lol are you joking? The entire thing is one giant piece of research, from the gun violence numbers to the shifting behaviour shaping this problem to the changing historical context.

Sorry man, I’m just not convinced by that article that it’s a huge problem that needs to be stopped. Not saying it isn’t an issue but I just can’t imagine there’s enough cases of it to really worry about. I can see the anti gun angle and somebodies idea of yet another reason he/she thinks guns need to be taken away from certain people, but the majority of people who are senile and shouldn’t be around guns aren’t around them, they are under care and do t have access to guns. Just another liberal gun control article to me until we see a sharp increase of senile old people shooting people.

Sorry man, I’m just not convinced by that article that it’s a huge problem that needs to be stopped. Not saying it isn’t an issue but I just can’t imagine there’s enough cases of it to really worry about. I can see the anti gun angle and somebodies idea of yet another reason he/she thinks guns need to be taken away from certain people, but the majority of people who are senile and shouldn’t be around guns aren’t around them, they are under care and do t have access to guns. Just another liberal gun control article to me until we see a sharp increase of senile old people shooting people.

But it's not a gun control article. The author laid out the research and I was inclined to agree with you that it's not a real problem, but it could turn into one in the next decade. That article wasn't damning at all, imo.

Did you really read it? I sense you browsed it and wrote it off as gun control propaganda without really reading it.

But it's not a gun control article. The author laid out the research and I was inclined to agree with you that it's not a real problem, but it could turn into one in the next decade. That article wasn't damning at all, imo.

Did you really read it? I sense you browsed it and wrote it off as gun control propaganda without really reading it.

Mostly browsed, I guess I’m more surprised you latched onto the idea so hard when it doesn’t appear to be an issue. If it’s an issue now, why hasn’t it been in the past??? There’s always been guns and old people in this country.

Mostly browsed, I guess I’m more surprised you latched onto the idea so hard when it doesn’t appear to be an issue. If it’s an issue now, why hasn’t it been in the past??? There’s always been guns and old people in this country.

we have an aging population. baby boomers are elderly now. low crude birth rate compared to the past.

i dont know that this is a problem, im just answering your question as to whats changed from the past.

I didn't know my post would create such a shit storm, just found the topic interesting and mentioned it.

It is in fact a growing problem in the senior community.

we have an aging population. baby boomers are elderly now. low crude birth rate compared to the past.

i dont know that this is a problem, im just answering your question as to whats changed from the past.

I’m not arguing the aging population, im
Just wondering why it’s an issue of guns and mental health now. What about all those ww1 and ww2, Korean War vets that came back and had guns but are dead now?

I’m not arguing the aging population, im
Just wondering why it’s an issue of guns and mental health now. What about all those ww1 and ww2, Korean War vets that came back and had guns but are dead now?

well violent crime rates were actually higher during that time. they dropped off dramatically around 1993.

I didn't know my post would create such a shit storm, just found the topic interesting and mentioned it.

It is in fact a growing problem in the senior community.

I've been trying to track down the NPR radio program, but can't find it. This is really interesting to me.

-baby boomers retiring -- more old people than ever (luckily America has embarassingly shitty healthcare amongst first world countries so there aren't as many old people surviving as there could be)
-gun companies marketing specifically to old people -- the article details their specific targeting of old people, including a gun specifically for old people with finger-dexterity problems to fire
-it's harder for seniors to get medication and treatment than in the past

The articles I've found haven't convinced me it's a crisis right now, but I'm fascinating by the convergence of several different societal forces. It could be an issue soon.

I guess I'm latching onto this because it's interesting to me and I haven't heard about it before. And I love reading about this stuff, so I'm always surprised when an aspect of it has slipped by me.

Earlier, you were berating me for thinking you weren't high information like me, but while you were admonishing me I was finding links to read -- and now that I've shared them you haven't read them.

Last edited:
Back