I'm going for an MRI

Ever had an MRI?

• Yes

Votes: 35 72.9%
  • no

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
They need to get to my ass
unless your ass is disproportionately higher or lower then it should be I suspect you've got a 50/50 chance to go in either way.

They’re not scary, unless you’re claustrophobic ^_^

An MRI is the easiest thing in the world. I've done a few. Just be glad you aren't me. I have to go in, get my groin shaved in front of all the nurses, and have them shove a catheter into a vain, through my groin, and feed it all the way up to my heart. Then they're going to inject me with adrenaline, find the extra channel in my heart that is sending electrical signals and burn that shit off.

wcKAZcH.gif

Jewelry and other accessories should be left at home, if possible, or removed prior to the MRI scan. Because they can interfere with the magnetic field of the MRI unit, metal and electronic items are not allowed in the exam room. In addition to affecting the MRI images, these objects can become projectiles within the MRI scanner room and may cause you and/or others nearby harm. These items include:

• jewelry, watches, credit cards and hearing aids, all of which can be damaged
  • pins, hairpins, metal zippers and similar metallic items, which can distort MRI images
  • removable dental work
  • pens, pocket knives and eyeglasses
  • body piercings

If you think it would be bad to have something metal in your eye get moved around, think about something in your penis or testicles.

Take the paperclip out of your testicle piercings.

I never had one before ... only seen em in movies. The questionaire was terrifying - have you ever had metal fragments in your eye? :eek: OMG the MRI magnet would rip your eye right out of your head

Anyway they're going to look at my back and try to find out why the right side of my body don't work.

also got physio at the hospital starting tomorrow which is suppose to be really thorough.

Talking to a coworker who went through all the same symptoms, can't sit on your right ass cheek, leg to foot goes numb and weird and so on, and she had to get a disk spacer put in or somethin

Wish me luck peeps
I had to get a couple on my back and actually had to get an xray on the face because of getting metal in one of my eyes from grinding on a jackhammer bit. The eye didn't show nothing but I did have a chunk of metal about an 8th of an inch in my upper lip all the mri did was make it burn a bit.

An MRI is the easiest thing in the world. I've done a few. Just be glad you aren't me. I have to go in, get my groin shaved in front of all the nurses, and have them shove a catheter into a vain, through my groin, and feed it all the way up to my heart. Then they're going to inject me with adrenaline, find the extra channel in my heart that is sending electrical signals and burn that shit off.
I had to have back surgery and on the day of the surgery they had medical students there to watch luckly I chose to shave myself.

Make sure they tie down the oxygen tanks in the MR suite. Wouldn't want you to be decapitated.

And no, I'm no joking.

Worst part is the contrast dye they inject you with if they need it. Makes your whole body feel like it's on fire. Especially your nut sack but maybe some of you dudes would be into it.

Worst part is the contrast dye they inject you with if they need it. Makes your whole body feel like it's on fire. Especially your nut sack but maybe some of you dudes would be into it.

Never heard of dye for an MRI. Do they have a magnetic dye? I've had dye in a CT scan.

Never heard of dye for an MRI. Do they have a magnetic dye? I've had dye in a CT scan.

I think people get this confused with cat scans and x-rays and every other thing

My asumption is I get into a tube and a computer takes pictures of inside my body without any dye or extra thing needed

I think people get this confused with cat scans and x-rays and every other thing

My asumption is I get into a tube and a computer takes pictures of inside my body without any dye or extra thing needed

They have a tube that creates a strong magnetic field in your body then they read that magnetic field in the parts of your body. I suppose there are dyes that could show up on the scans to find blood vessels but they'll be looking for nerves in your case.

They have a tube that creates a strong magnetic field in your body then they read that magnetic field in the parts of your body. I suppose there are dyes that could show up on the scans to find blood vessels but they'll be looking for nerves in your case.

I just remember I swallowed a dime when I was 6 and never shit it out ...

Is there some kind of pre-screaning with a metal detector before I go in ???

I'm going to have two assholes by the time all is said and done :(

Sorry, looks like you're fucked mate. Looks like the only way out of this is to include me in the house clippy members.

so I have an escape route anyway

You cannot escape. I have done a couple of them. They give you a button to press if you start feeling claustrophobic or need to get the hell outta there. Once inside unless they know you need out you're not going anywhere. An average sized human being fits very snuggly inside most of those machines.

I, like you fall asleep easily enough, so I just slept and was woken up by the nurse telling me we were all done.

I've had a seizure disorder my whole life then 5 years ago I had a stroke. I've had literally dozens. If they have to inject you with that contrast stuff it's really cold. Sometimes I would fall asleep and they would have to wake me up so it worked right. Once I found a staple inside it and when I picked it up it got sucked out of my hand.

Anytime they've ever injected contrast dye it has always done the exact opposite.

they do, for blood vessel related imaging or heart. they shouldnt for a spine.

Back