I'm going to Croatia in 2 months. Where should I go?

I also want to visit Croatia. Looks like a nice place in the summer. It has a rich history as well.
Amazing nature...
And it must be relatively cheap.

Fashion is a big deal in Croatia. Order this shirt and wear it in Bosnia if you get the chance to go.

T-shirt-Of-Milosevic.jpg

Omis was nice when I went as a kid. Last time I visited Adriatic Sea was at beginning of Balkan war.

Dubrovnik is really nice but be aware of the fact that during the holiday season, when a major cruising ship docks, the narrow alleys will be more crowded and hot than a Colby Covington photo shoot.

Makarska and Brela are pretty sweet places as well. Chrystal clear waters albeit you need bathing shoes to protect you from sea urchins.

It is also worth it to take a boat to visit some of the beautiful islands like Hvar!

Crocop's bar or restaurant or whatever he has.

Go to Cro Cop's house at midnight and yell the Mr T speech from Rocky 3 at his wife, then have some witness report back here about how it went

Depends on when you go. Lots of beautiful tall drinks of water out there. Late Spring and early summer is the best if you want to meet the local talent before they take off for holiday. After that tourists from other parts of of Europe pour in. The water activities are excellent. The nightlife is great especially if you make it out in season for boat/yacht parties. It's a great spot for music festivals, Ultra for instance. The Dalmatian coast is beautiful with excellent snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, and so on.

I'll def be going to Dubrovnik because it looks absolutely beautiful and as a fan of Game of Thrones I think it would be awesome to see where some of the scenes take place in person. I'll be going to some other European countries as well but it is my first time going to Croatia. What is there to do in Zagreb? And where are some other cool cities or towns I should check out? How about the food?

sailing.jpg
I took this picture on a boat in Croatia in the summer of '16. We took water taxis everywhere - if you are in Croatia and near the coast, you should do that instead of driving, it's cheap and convenient. Also, go at sunset at least once, I'm sure you can see why from the pic.

If you are going to Dubrovnik, make sure to hop on a boat taxi and go out to Lokrum, which is a small island just off the coast. It's beautiful, and as a GoT fan you'll have a chance to sit on a copy of the Iron Throne (I have a really cool pic of myself sitting on it that I'd post... if this wasn't sherdog). Several scenes from the series were shot there as well. Happy travelling!

I'll def be going to Dubrovnik because it looks absolutely beautiful and as a fan of Game of Thrones I think it would be awesome to see where some of the scenes take place in person. I'll be going to some other European countries as well but it is my first time going to Croatia. What is there to do in Zagreb? And where are some other cool cities or towns I should check out? How about the food?

I'm from Croatia so I can give you a few advices.

Zagreb (my hometown) is a capitol of Croatia. The old town is cool, that is a part around center of the city. I recommend you to visit a Zagreb cathedral and the whole upper town ( Gornji grad ) in general. Lots of good restaurants with great food and great beer. There are also a few great museums in tthe center of the town.

Now, Plitvice lakes ( Plitvička jezera ) are a must visit location. it is the most beautiful and the best known national park in Croatia.

plitvice-lakes-national-park-croatia-outdoor-hiking-trails-adventure-sport-4.jpg

Plitvicka_jezera_1.jpg

Plitvice lakes are some 150 km from Zagreb, you can be there in 1.5-2 hours.

When it come to the coast, I can recommend you Dubrovnik, Šibenik and Zadar. Beautiful towns, especialy the historic parts. Dubrovnik is well known worldwide but trust me, Šibenik and Zadar are also awesome. Also, beautifull sea, great restaurants with great food and wines.

The center and the historic part of Zadar:
St_Anastasia_Cathedral_ZADAR_by_TIM_ERTL_1358765820.jpg

City of Zadar:
Naslovna-Zadar.jpg

Šibenik:
120-sibenik.jpg

Historic part of Šibenik:
26685324101560085226281349137416556993866407o.jpg

If you are interested in national parks and such things, definitely visit national parks Krka and Kornati.Both of those are near to Zadar and there are lots of organized trips to those places.

When it comes to language, you don't have to worry about that. Tourism is the main source of economy in Croatia and basicaly every person under 30 is fluent in english.

All in all, I hope this will be helpful to you. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited:
Yeah I'v been meaning to visting Plitivice for years, always been a limestone cave junkie and visited Jiuzhaigou in China over a decade ago and loved it.

If I went to Croatia and didn’t meet Crocop I would feel like a failure

To cro cop's house and challenge him to a fight.

Yo old man, I heard you used to train UFC - I'm the new breed.

<{cum@me}>

Back