I'm gonna quit drinking

I quit drinking 20 years ago; I would just get wasted on the weekends and haven’t missed it a bit. Dipping is another story...I quit chewing the day before my son was born 2 1/2 years ago and I miss it every single day.

I've been meaning to pick up a bottle of tequila for a while now I keep postponing it. Think I'm going to go ahead and do it today since traffic has been light.

i think for most people, addictions are not about the substance, but about the person needing a substance coping mechanism. it's a vice. if it's not alcohol, it's going to be something else. i'd personally trade the booze for marijuana. i'd actually not do anything, until i sorted out why i'm seeking a substance in order to handle life.

Very very true. I don't drink almost at all, my dad is a huge drinker not alcoholic but always has liquor and takes a shot or two every night or has some wine every night. I just smoke weed 24/7.

There was a point when my job had my traveling 1.5 hours after work to get home and that was on a perfect day. Any traffic or anything like that it was 1.45-2 hours. I was drinking a lot then almost every day after work. I got moved 25 mins away and barely drink at all now.

I meant to follow that drinking contest you had but I got stoned and forgot :/
You should consider a heavy cannabis habit, nice stuff, vaped oils. I've seen people kick all kinds of nasty things with it.
even the munchies?

What are you changing your username to? Pepsi?

I quit drinking last year for 5 months. This year haven't had a drink since September. I didn't drink that much before, but not the weekends I would Bing. Like 10 beers on a fri nights. Rarely drank during the week. But the weight gain and just hanging the next day is rough for me.

I'm going to try and see how long I can go. I might be going to ufc 232 for free with a Buddy and I might have to rip beers. Wish me luck on my journey.

I wish you the best @BEER

You are a cool ass dude keep frosty

You can do it, I quit a long time ago and haven't looked back.

Here we go again... I wish you the best but it does seem like you do a great deal more complaining than anything else.

"All the bar-flies sipping whiskey. Fighting ever present pity. Wondering what they keep sucking back for. Is it the drink or trepidation? Watching all trains leave the station. Left standing alone without a ticket."

“Frankly, I was horrified by life, at what a man had to do simply in order to eat, sleep, and keep himself clothed. So I stayed in bed and drank. When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn’t have you by the throat.”

I haven't drank in 2 years, but I still dont think I quit. I'm just going through a Cain Velasquez-type recovery.

Though i do admire someone that quits something like this, i wonder what i would do socially if i quit. I mean, a bar, per say, is a watering hole. Brand new people almost everytime. A new start to new friends and new girlfriends, if youre good at it.

But to do that without drinking? No chance.

i think for most people, addictions are not about the substance, but about the person needing a substance coping mechanism. it's a vice. if it's not alcohol, it's going to be something else. i'd personally trade the booze for marijuana. i'd actually not do anything, until i sorted out why i'm seeking a substance in order to handle life.
Exactly this. For me it was booze but addict or alcoholoc it's all the same really. We are just trying to fill a hole in our life. Personally had to find God but I know that's not for everyone

Like Frank Sinatra once said I actually feel sorry for people who don’t drink, because when they wake up in the morning that’s the best they’re gonna feel all day.

Back