Im not sure anymore..

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Im not sure anymore that the UFC will remain the top MMA promotion ..im not sure its even trying to remain a reputable source for the sport of MMA..

I love MMA and i love the UFC but lately the drama filled antics of the fighters and ufc president dana white as well as shoddy/corrupt judging have me feeling like maybe the UFC is opening the door for other promotions to step up and surpass them by simply putting on fights that are competitive and follow a clearily defined system of Rankings and classification .. I also feel like the sport is losing legitimacy by having things like brocks return happen..cm punk fighting for the 2nd time ever for more money then a fighter with more fights making his debut .. Bashing of fighters and champions by dana..heavy favortism shown to others..

Its a real problem that i feel us fans..have a say in..do we want this UFC?..do we want this to be what the leader of the sport of MMA looks and operates like?

I dunno. Im not sure anymore maybe its time to take a closer look at PFL, and Bellator and ONE FC..

Dada 5000 vs Kimbo really clinched it for me that ufcs days are numbered and a new standard will be ushered in

Im not sure anymore that the UFC will remain the top MMA promotion ..im not sure its even trying to remain a reputable source for the sport of MMA..

I love MMA and i love the UFC but lately the drama filled antics of the fighters and ufc president dana white as well as shoddy/corrupt judging have me feeling like maybe the UFC is opening the door for other promotions to step up and surpass them by simply putting on fights that are competitive and follow a clearily defined system of Rankings and classification .. I also feel like the sport is losing legitimacy by having things like brocks return happen..cm punk fighting for the 2nd time ever for more money then a fighter with more fights making his debut .. Bashing of fighters and champions by dana..heavy favortism shown to others..

Its a real problem that i feel us fans..have a say in..do we want this UFC?..do we want this to be what the leader of the sport of MMA looks and operates like?

I dunno. Im not sure anymore maybe its time to take a closer look at PFL, and Bellator and ONE FC..

Mcgregor Promotions coming soon

I like to watch the fights, I try not to concern myself with all the other bullshit.

Is this more legitimate?

fedor-emelianenko-vs-zulu.jpg

Is this more legitimate?

maxresdefault.jpg

Is this more legitimate?

gabi.jpg

Oh you want to talk about ONE FC where the guy who owns it also owns Evolve MMA and gives all Evolve MMA fighters favorable matchups? You want to talk about PFL with their 120K TV ratings and no legitimate means of paying their fighters the promised millions?

WTF are you talking about TS?

I like to watch the fights, I try not to concern myself with all the other bullshit.

I try to aswell..but its hard to ignore whats wrong..fighting is suppose to be the puriest form of sport...MMA is quickly spiraling down the same dangerous roads boxing took ... The whole corruption of the game which started with a few at the top and ozzed down..kinda like dana and his favorites and don king and his..

It wouldn't be for a long time if some org eventually does.Every org has it's big problems and no one is anywhere near the UFC currently,that would take a long time.

Is this more legitimate?

Is this more legitimate?

maxresdefault.jpg

Is this more legitimate?

gabi.jpg

I think we know the answer to those..

UFC is currently the most legit..but for how long is my point how much corruptioj and ridiculousness are we the fans suppose to endure and still think yup..this is a sport leader..the best thing for MMA growth

I try to aswell..but its hard to ignore whats wrong..fighting is suppose to be the puriest form of sport...MMA is quickly spiraling down the same dangerous roads boxing took ... The whole corruption of the game which started with a few at the top and ozzed down..kinda like dana and his favorites and don king and his..
That’s why I watch Muay Thai fights.

Ufc wi l be number one for a long long time yet, bellator will be there though they are doing well but are mostly just a place for washed up uf c fighters who are passed their prime

I think we know the answer to those..

UFC is currently the most legit..but for how long is my point how much corruptioj and ridiculousness are we the fans suppose to endure and still think yup..this is a sport leader..the best thing for MMA growth

Definition of sport
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/sport

NOUN
  • 1 An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
That's all MMA was and ever will be. Entertainment. Will Brock's return entertain the masses? You have your answer.

Ufc wi l be number one for a long long time yet, bellator will be there though they are doing well but are mostly just a place for washed up uf c fighters who are passed their prime

Yeah but the growing list of angry UFC fighters young and older..could swap ship if coker stays on the path i mentioned above..mousasi already jumped so did rory... For all we know eddie could be heading back..all bellator would have to do is treat the fighters like people and fighters and not needle movers like wwe era UFC and it could surpass them.. The only issue rigjt now is bellator will need alot more money for fighter pay and better tv rights to really attract top tier talent..before they go to the ufc or leave the ufc..so yea..itll take some time

nothing touching the ufc.

until bellator can steal someone like conor awat from the ufc the ufc will be just fine.

ufc wont care when bellator signs cris cyborg and the diaz brothers.

Mcgregor Promotions coming soon

wont matter if conor not fighting for them. many people have tried to start something and it folded.

dick diaz promation didn't last long and the fans say they love him,.

Definition of sport
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/sport

NOUN
  • 1 An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
That's all MMA was and ever will be. Entertainment. Will Brock's return entertain the masses? You have your answer.

Sure it will..so will stipe vs dc 2 .

Main difference being sports are governed by rules..which of these two fights follow the rules .

A known cheater returning and jumping ahead of fighters who havent been or arent cheating..

Or

Long time champion coming of a legendary title reign seeking revenge in a sport he cleanly participates in regulary..

Answer is clear to me

Yeah but the growing list of angry UFC fighters young and older..could swap ship if coker stays on the path i mentioned above..mousasi already jumped so did rory... For all we know eddie could be heading back..all bellator would have to do is treat the fighters like people and fighters and not needle movers like wwe era UFC and it could surpass them.. The only issue rigjt now is bellator will need alot more money for fighter pay and better tv rights to really attract top tier talent..before they go to the ufc or leave the ufc..so yea..itll take some time
100% true that if the ufc carries on underpaying and treating fighters like shit, apart from the handpicked few, bellator will be serious competition. But for now I t think the ufc views Bellator as somewhere their old fighters go

Is this more legitimate?

Is this more legitimate?

maxresdefault.jpg

Is this more legitimate?

gabi.jpg

Oh you want to talk about ONE FC where the guy who owns it also owns Evolve MMA and gives all Evolve MMA fighters favorable matchups? You want to talk about PFL with their 120K TV ratings and no legitimate means of paying their fighters the promised millions?

Is gabby going to fight the rest of the lollipop guild after that fight?
LollipopGuild.jpg

You’re worried about the UFC being too WWE but you’re fine with Bellator? Do you even think about what your wrote before posting?

Sure it will..so will stipe vs dc 2 .

Main difference being sports are governed by rules..which of these two fights follow the rules .

Stipe vs. DC did under 400k PPV buys. How many buys would Brock vs. DC do? More PPV buys = entertaining more people.

A known cheater returning and jumping ahead of fighters who havent been or arent cheating..

You want to talk about known cheaters?

hqdefault.jpg

Brock Lesnar served out his suspension, he can return just like anyone else once he goes through the 6 month USADA testing. Those are the rules, and he's following them.

Long time champion coming of a legendary title reign seeking revenge in a sport he cleanly participates in regulary..

You said sports are governed by rules. Show me the MMA rule that states a champion who gets KTFO in the first round gets immediate rematch. Go on I'll wait.

I still think it has too much of a lead at this point. There are others like bellator and rizin who put on a better production but their fighters are either unknown or hijacked 40 year old ufc stars like Tito and rampage. I think the ufc stays at the top based on name value alone

Back