I'm not sure GSP should really get credit as a 2 division champion

Same could be said for Conor. He beat Eddie Alvarez to get his 2nd belt.

Eddie got dominated by cowboy and was lucky to get those 2 split decision victories. Was also fortunate to get the title shot after that terrible Pettis fight.

Eddie is also a GOAT at LW, with wins over champs from every major org except Pride, and 4 top 5 wins in his UFC run, but that didn't fit your narrative did it?

Big Deal.

Back in the days, HW Ruiz was a lineal champ too, guess u were the only one who considered him legit.

All titles Ruiz won were vacant...I don’t believe he was ever undisputed either.

Undisputed comes from lineage. You just can’t put a toy belt on somebody(Whitaker) and say there is a dispute.

I'm not sure TS should really get credit for his Black Belt.

Eddie is also a GOAT at LW, with wins over champs from every major org except Pride, and 4 top 5 wins in his UFC run, but that didn't fit your narrative did it?

I was entertained watching Eddie's brawler style in bellator as much as the next guy but...

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Nothing against him, but he beat a past prime bisping. Who wasn't even a top 5 fighter. On some level we have to take off the rose coloured glasses and see that win for what It was.

It was a good win and a good performance having been off for 4 years but It certainly shouldn't have been a championship fight.

We all know Bisping was the equivalent of Matt serra when It comes to credibility as a champion.

That said, no hate on him for not staying at middleweight. No reason for him to fight the killers of that divisionn at this stage of his career,

Thats a pretty moronic statement, conor fought an over rated eddie who was much smaller, so i guess conors 2 division belts don't mean anything especially considering conor has never defended any of his belts and has done nothing but hold up divisions.

styliscially and physically this was an easy fight for conor against eddie, with gsp being considered a 2 division champ is well deserved because he was off 4 years, never fought at mw prior, and had no size advantage over bisping like conor did with eddie.

If you want to classify who's is less considered or less impressive its conors, because gsp had way more odds and disadvantages where conor had the upper hand, you make it sound like eddie would be considered a better mma fighter than bisping i'm going to say nope on that one....we've clearly seen what happens when other fighters come to the ufc from other orgs there not always looking as hot as they did, some do like say cruz but many have come and looked terrible.

Was Matt Serra really the WW champ? I mean REALLY? He wasn't ranked that high and never defended the belt.

And when GSP beat him, did he really become the real WW champ? I mean REALLY?

Maybe GSP wasn't ever any type of champ.

He announced he doesn't want to come back to MW today.

He will never be considered a 2 division champ in my eyes.....Whitaker was the champ the second he beat Jacare and Romero......

Calling GSP a 2 division champ cheapens the accomplishment.....

Bisping sat on the belt for 518 days (17 months) without ever defending against a top MW. Thats enough time for 4 of 5 fights. Meanwhile, Whitaker beat Jacare and Romero. Whitakers belt is the real one.

Umm no different than conor winning the fw belt then holding up the division forever and declining aldos rematch, then after decides to move to lw because the ufc gave him an immediate title shot....umm so just because gsp doesn't defend the mw belt doesn't make him a 2 division champ yet conor doesn't defend the fw belt so its the same thing dude, i guess conor isn't a 2 division champ either.

pft..then I decide to also crown Gegard Mousasi as champion who then left for Bellator. Same difference. Atleast his last UFC win was a former champ.

I guess that’s what Tito meant when he said best...of the night.

You forgot the part where Bisping also beat the champ.

He's not a 2-division champ.

"Nothing against him..."
Who you think you're fooling?

Big Deal.

Back in the days, HW Ruiz was a lineal champ too, guess u were the only one who considered him legit.
In technical terms, GSP is a 2 division champ and I should've chose a better title / worded It better.

That said, I stand behind questioning the legitimacy of his title and the win over bisping In general.

Plus there's an interim title floating around that needs to be unified.

"Nothing against him..."
Who you think you're fooling?
I call things down the middle. I don't love or hate GSP, or any fighter for that matter..I don't have any Issue calling It as I see It, It's not hate or bias fuelled. It just Is..

I'm not sure TS should really get credit for his Black Belt.
lol, I admit I should've chose a better worded title but there Is absolutely nothing Incorrect about what I said In the post other than that.

Been around longer than you son.

Back