I'm not Surprised by Cloner's Lack of Class and Hypocrisy After the Loss

Many stated Cloner seemed content to 'be the bigger man' and 'act like a champion' after Nate beat him on Saturday, but in reality, when you delve deeper into those comments, his actions belie and contradict that statement. Cloner himself said he made no excuses...

Yet, despite that claim, in interviews with Ariel Helwani and Megan Olivi he claims that his power didn't translate to the fight because he was fighting the 'bigger man' and that 'weight' was a factor, disregarding the fact that Nate weighed the same as him on fight night. He, himself said that weight shouldn't matter, but he's invoking this excuse right out of the gate.

It also took less than a full day for Cloner to release a statement speaking of 'taking a shot' and losing. However, that's disingenuous, considering he hand picked Nate, who happened to have no camp, and be on a vacation in Cabo when he got the call. Cloner's shot was a calculated move by him, nothing to be considered a huge risk before the fight -- only after the loss where it suited him.

Even more so, he took the time to call Rafael Dos Anjos a 'pussy' and mock his injury, though it had already been confirmed by doctors that RDA's injury was real. He went on to mention Aldo in this press release and in the aforementioned post fight interviews for taking pride in another man's victory, which is incredibly hypocritical when you realize that Cloner himself mocked Duffy and Cerrone openly poked fun at their losses against Poirier and RDA just months prior and reveled in other men's success.

At the end of the day, Cloner comes off just as hypocritical as his fan base. He wants to portray himself as respectful in a loss, acting as if he is above the games. But when he wins, he's the first person to pile on the loser. He's the first guy to mention someone's kids or talk shit to anyone in the general vicinity. This is his comeuppance. His mouth, his actions and his hubris earned this.

He isn't being a bigger man. He isn't being respectful. He's still showing the dearth of class he's demonstrated time and time before. He better hope he can continue to bully the smaller men, because now that his aura is gone, if he can't, he'll be an afterthought sooner rather than later.

You guys should just be honest and realize, a bloated, 155'er who was 2-2 at 170 ate his best shots, rocked him, mounted him and tapped him in less than ten minutes.

Accept it as fan, unlike Cloner and stop making excuses just like him. Be better than your hero.

mcgregor-diaz-getty-ftr-030516jpg_1l105d2hoi4kd121my11xeox19.jpg

Hey, even Jack Slack abandoned this ship. I may not expect you to, but instead be realistic and accept the loss: http://fightland.vice.com/blog/death-of-a-southpaw-how-conor-mcgregor-lost-to-nate-diaz

If you talk shit on Twitter after pulling out of a fight then you're a pussy. There's really no ifs, ands, or buts about it. No second way around it. That's just how it is. Also, pretty much every fighter makes excuses after a loss. They have to justify it in their head somehow. But you don't make threads about every fighter bc you just hate Conor lol. Look at how weidman handled his loss, he makes conor look like a humble gentleman. Also, anytime you accept an opponent change on such short notice you're taking a shot. Especially when the guy you're going to be fighting on short notice is top 10. So, my conclusion is you should lighten up & enjoy the event. Your boy won. Be glad instead of looking for things to complain about.

Substance Abuse, you are by farrrrrr the most butthurt by Conor's actions. Is saying Cloner making you feel so much better? I don't even understand why this would be funny. It is actually quite hilarious that he has you so rustled. You are not a fighter you are a keyboard warrior just like everyone else quit crying about someone learning how to successfully market themselves.

guy's been steadily churning out excuses since the loss

LOL I celebrated his loss when it happened, but some of you spend way too much time thinking of how to bring him down after the fact. You actually sat down and wrote that wall of text and felt some sense of accomplishment.

Well, I'm sure you'll find a like-minded audience here so at least you won't be alone...

LoL

this thread deserves the award for 'most toxic'

just putrid haters who gloat over someone's fall.

Sticking up for a failed mod (TS) is cute. Don't forget the two wins in the UFC (if not more, I'll have to check) that Nate has at Welterweight. You know, cuz Nate's actually fought there at 170 before by cutting to get there.

Conor, the much smaller and shorter man, had the boy on his bike with his fists for 1 1/2 rounds, reversed his high level BJJ with the first takedown Nate went for (since he wanted no more of Conor's standup), was bleeding from his eyeballs down to his belly and was getting outclassed by a 45'er. LOL.

I feel ya bro. Has to be painful.
nate hasn't fought at 170 in 5 years

Many stated Cloner seemed content to 'be the bigger man' and 'act like a champion' after Nate beat him on Saturday, but in reality, when you delve deeper into those comments, his actions belie and contradict that statement. Cloner himself said he made no excuses...

Yet, despite that claim, in interviews with Ariel Helwani and Megan Olivi he claims that his power didn't translate to the fight because he was fighting the 'bigger man' and that 'weight' was a factor, disregarding the fact that Nate weighed the same as him on fight night. He, himself said that weight shouldn't matter, but he's invoking this excuse right out of the gate.

It also took less than a full day for Cloner to release a statement speaking of 'taking a shot' and losing. However, that's disingenuous, considering he hand picked Nate, who happened to have no camp, and be on a vacation in Cabo when he got the call. Cloner's shot was a calculated move by him, nothing to be considered a huge risk before the fight -- only after the loss where it suited him.

Even more so, he took the time to call Rafael Dos Anjos a 'pussy' and mock his injury, though it had already been confirmed by doctors that RDA's injury was real. He went on to mention Aldo in this press release and in the aforementioned post fight interviews for taking pride in another man's victory, which is incredibly hypocritical when you realize that Cloner himself mocked Duffy and Cerrone openly poked fun at their losses against Poirier and RDA just months prior and reveled in other men's success.

At the end of the day, Cloner comes off just as hypocritical as his fan base. He wants to portray himself as respectful in a loss, acting as if he is above the games. But when he wins, he's the first person to pile on the loser. He's the first guy to mention someone's kids or talk shit to anyone in the general vicinity. This is his comeuppance. His mouth, his actions and his hubris earned this.

He isn't being a bigger man. He isn't being respectful. He's still showing the dearth of class he's demonstrated time and time before. He better hope he can continue to bully the smaller men, because now that his aura is gone, if he can't, he'll be an afterthought sooner rather than later.

You guys should just be honest and realize, a bloated, 155'er who was 2-2 at 170 ate his best shots, rocked him, mounted him and tapped him in less than ten minutes.

Accept it as fan, unlike Cloner and stop making excuses just like him. Be better than your hero.

mcgregor-diaz-getty-ftr-030516jpg_1l105d2hoi4kd121my11xeox19.jpg

Hey, even Jack Slack abandoned this ship. I may not expect you to, but instead be realistic and accept the loss: http://fightland.vice.com/blog/death-of-a-southpaw-how-conor-mcgregor-lost-to-nate-diaz

im not a conor nuthugger, but a tad of what you said needs clarification.

a.) conor made fun of cerrones loss to rda? can you provide proof? or him mocking any loss? i follow mma closely and i never heard of that. post link plz.

b) rda had a broken foot, yes. I think conor was insinuating that rda wanted out so bad he broke his own foot (you always notice these Brazilian injuries always happen 2 weeks out) when rda has never been injury prone.

c.) nate always stays in shape (camp) and even said so in his post fight interview. dude does triathlons.

d) nate cut WATER WEIGHT from ~180, and probably weighed the same come fight night. conor couldn't get past a true weight of 168.. that's a huge difference and nate even looked bigger with the eye test. anyone saying they weighed the same on fight night are the biggest idiots walking this planet. period.

e) nate wasn't hand picked lol. there was no one else. everyone you could possibly list already has fights, they even called frankie who said no. forget that? even aldo.
Nate was the only person who would step up, so conor said fuck it. nobody gives him credit for that.

revel all you want in conors defeat, but he became a fan in my book. He destroyed nate before he gassed (you could have inserted liz carmouch at that point and she would have won) and he saved the card for our entertainment.

little nate would have pulled out had he been in conors shoes and destroyed the card. fact.

Last edited:
Substance Abuse, you are by farrrrrr the most butthurt by Conor's actions. Is saying Cloner making you feel so much better? I don't even understand why this would be funny. It is actually quite hilarious that he has you so rustled. You are not a fighter you are a keyboard warrior just like everyone else quit crying about someone learning how to successfully market themselves.

Keyboard warrior? Never called Cloner a pussy like his huggers did to Aldo. That's Keyboard warrior status.

You're so salty, like plenty in here.

im not a conor nuthugger, but a tad of what you said needs clarification.

a.) conor made fun of cerrones loss to rda? can you provide proof? or him mocking any loss? i follow mma closely and i never heard of that. post link plz.

b) rda had a broken foot, yes. I think conor was insinuating that rda wanted out so bad he broke his own foot (you always notice these Brazilian injuries always happen 2 weeks out) when rda has never been injury prone.

c.) nate always stays in shape (camp) and even said so in his post fight interview. dude does triathlons.

d) nate cut WATER WEIGHT from ~180, and probably weighed the same come fight night. conor couldn't get past a true weight of 168.. that's a huge difference and nate even looked bigger with the eye test. anyone saying they weighed the same on fight night are the biggest idiots walking this planet. period.

e) nate wasn't hand picked lol. there was no one else. everyone you could possibly list already has fights, they even called frankie who said no. forget that? even aldo.
Nate was the only person who would step up, so conor said fuck it. nobody gives him credit for that.

revel all you want in conors defeat, but he became a fan in my book. He destroyed nate before he gassed (you could have inserted liz carmouch at that point and she would have won) and he saved the card for our entertainment.

little nate would have pulled out had he been in conors shoes and destroyed the card. fact.

You need a link of proof that Cloner gave Cerrone shit but are okay with and implying accuracy in regards to Cloner insinuating RDA ducked and broke his own foot to do so...

Fucking hilarious, lol.

Wow, you're going more out of your way to hate on the guy than his fanboys do to praise him.

You sure? I typed this in five, maybe ten minutes. His huggers went ape shit for a year "praising him".

I suppose an obligatory Nate Bless would suffice? Lol

So much Cloner salt in this bitch, lol

You need a link of proof that Cloner gave Cerrone shit but are okay with and implying accuracy in regards to Cloner insinuating RDA ducked and broke his own foot to do so...

Fucking hilarious, lol.
Don't worry even when i was praising Conor i wrote in such a way that a Hugger thought it was an insult and it didn't matter what i responded with he still took it as an insult , Their just highly sensitive at the moment and it's classic they can dish it out but can't take it situation i just ignore their post from now on

Keyboard warrior? Never called Cloner a pussy like his huggers did to Aldo. That's Keyboard warrior status.

You're so salty, like plenty in here.
Haha not salty at all. I basically only like Conor's personality because i think it is a breath of fresh air in MMA.. He is larger than life, don't be so sad that Aldo can't market himself like conor does partially because he does not speak English and partially because he just does not have the personality to do so. I for one would never call any fighter a pussy ever as i know that is the basis for keyboard warrior status and is basically ridiculous in general as any of these people on these forums would wilt if they even were in the presence of a real fighter. I think Conor is perfectly respectful of his fellow fighters, he talks to sell his fights but his real self respects the fight game, there is no need to beat the fucking thing into the ground. He will be back and he is a good fighter

Calling him 'Cloner' makes you look about 5 years old, you do know that? Why are you so threatened by the existence of someone you don't even know and doesn't know you?

Stop dedicating so much of your time to Conor, it's not healthy.

Back