I'm on TRT

Why are you taking it? Has your condition improved?

Do you train, fight (or what sports you do)? How does it affect your performance?

1. Do you do your own injections or go in to the office and get injected on a schedule?
2. Do they have you on injections for TRT or are they giving your Aromadex or another anti-aromatase pill?
3. Do they have you on HCG injectsion (the real deal human chronic gonadatropin) or did they just boot you strait to Test injections?
4. Did they try having you supplement DHEA via pill form before moving you to injections?
5. Have you noticed any soreness in your nipples?

Why do the doctors think your body doesn't produce enough natural testosterone?

Weight cutting, previous steroid usage?

Why are you taking it? Has your condition improved?

Low Testosterone levels. In the low 200's (nd/dl) even in the morning, with no alcohol and a decent sleep.

Dramatically.
Although, it doesn't 'feel' like anything has changed.
I just feel normal again, so it's easy to take for granted.

1. Do you do your own injections or go in to the office and get injected on a schedule?
2. Do they have you on injections for TRT or are they giving your Aromadex or another anti-aromatase pill?
3. Do they have you on HCG injectsion (the real deal human chronic gonadatropin) or did they just boot you strait to Test injections?
4. Did they try having you supplement DHEA via pill form before moving you to injections?
5. Have you noticed any soreness in your nipples?

1) No injections, I don't like needles.
2) I have the option for injections, creams, patches or something similar to Aromadex. I am choosing Clomid.
3) No. I would likely require HCG if I was on injections for test, although I was told not every man has sterility problems with on shots.
4) I have been told it is not too affective: "In younger men, no statistically significant effect of DHEA supplementation on lean body mass, strength, or testosterone levels was found in a randomized placebo-controlled trial."
5) None.

Do you train, fight (or what sports you do)? How does it affect your performance?

I used to train Muaythai in Asia and MMA in America.
Currently only lift weights.

My performance has not improved exactly.
It's more like my numbers are the same, but I can recover faster and my body hurts less than before. I would assume with continued and/or abusing the usage would lead to better performance.

Why do the doctors think your body doesn't produce enough natural testosterone?

Weight cutting, previous steroid usage?

To tell you the truth, my doctor didn't really seem too knowledgeable.
There are factors in my life that may be contributing, but this is not from a medical pro, so take this with a grain of salt:
- I raise my kids and sleep in the same room with them
- I had a couple injuries that cause chronic pain
- I took legally prescribed opiates for said pain
---- human contact lowers Test levels, especially having children. Both pain and opiates lower levels

I have never cut weight for sports, nor used a steroid in my life (with the exception of prednisone for a skin rash and a cortisone shot). I have never even tried testosterone injections.

1) No injections, I don't like needles.
2) I have the option for injections, creams, patches or something similar to Aromadex. I am choosing Clomid.
3) No. I would likely require HCG if I was on injections for test, although I was told not every man has sterility problems with on shots.
4) I have been told it is not too affective: "In younger men, no statistically significant effect of DHEA supplementation on lean body mass, strength, or testosterone levels was found in a randomized placebo-controlled trial."
5) None.

Clomid is a proven way to boost your testosterone levels and is one of the HRT methods that won't make you sterile/shut-down your boys. Also, there is a distinct difference between TRT and HRT. You are on HRT. For clarity would you mind using the term HRT as TRT is an indicator of direct testosterone injections?

Clomid is a proven way to boost your testosterone levels and is one of the HRT methods that won't make you sterile/shut-down your boys. Also, there is a distinct difference between TRT and HRT. You are on HRT. For clarity would you mind using the term HRT as TRT is an indicator of direct testosterone injections?

I apologize for using the terms incorrectly. I figured it was a much more known acronym on here, and I do qualify for TRT if I choose to go that route.

The doctor himself was unaware of Clomid until I mentioned it to him.
I produced a couple studies for him, and he was convinced after reading that it was a better option than traditional TRT.

The reasoning my doctor and I had for trying Clomid first was:
- in men under 35, a larger study I read showed average increases of 250% in total T. Should be noted men over 65 do not get much benefit from Clomid
- Test cream is $330 a month, and appears to be a better suite for middle aged+ Injections are the strongest route, but again saving the best for last.

what is the dosage and what testosterone do they use?

im curious as to compare to steroid use.

what is the dosage and what testosterone do they use?

im curious as to compare to steroid use.

I was at first recommended the 1% cream - Testim is the name brand.
I have never heard of different kinds of testosterone, if they exist?
One tube should have 5 grams in it.

From a 65 year old man I know well: 10 grams a day (cream) gave me side effects. 5 grams a day made me feel young again. Patches caused skin rashes.

The other option is to get a 250mg (I'm not positive if that's right) injection every 2 weeks. I will try every option before needles. I still want kids and don't want to get too deep, too young.

I apologize for using the terms incorrectly. I figured it was a much more known acronym on here, and I do qualify for TRT if I choose to go that route.

The doctor himself was unaware of Clomid until I mentioned it to him.
I produced a couple studies for him, and he was convinced after reading that it was a better option than traditional TRT.

The reasoning my doctor and I had for trying Clomid first was:
- in men under 35, a larger study I read showed average increases of 250% in total T. Should be noted men over 65 do not get much benefit from Clomid
- Test cream is $330 a month, and appears to be a better suite for middle aged+ Injections are the strongest route, but again saving the best for last.

Ya, test cream is...sketchy at best from what I've heard. I don't know your proximity to Mexico or Canada but you can get your meds there much cheaper. Is that still legal?

Ya, test cream is...sketchy at best from what I've heard. I don't know your proximity to Mexico or Canada but you can get your meds there much cheaper. Is that still legal?

I asked my doctor about going to a compounding pharmacy to make the test cream cheaper, as I have been told you can get the same amount mixed at a place like that for 1/4 the price. He didn't know what I was talking about.

As far as Mexico/Canada - I'm not sure the answer to the amount you are allowed to carry BACK to America, but I know you can carry it TO other countries.
For example, doctors in Japan refuse to prescribe opiates. I get a 1 month supply in the states (way over what I actually need so it last half a year) and bring it through customs no problem.

I'll be traveling to Mexico here shortly and will have to research this a little more before going.

Edit - Not sure what you mean by sketchy.. from regular people, they say the cream works great. It may not be strong enough however for those looking for an advantage in sports.

If you don't mind, how old are you? And what would you say has been the biggest benefit of going on HRT? Has it increased your quality of life?

Back