I'm on TRT

I'm going to necro this thread out of morbid curiosity.
Are there any updates?

He takes it further stating that even 1200 is normal.
He's obviously here trolling, let's just get back on topic.

I don't think he's trolling. According to my Doctor "normal" is between 300 & 1200 and within those ranges NOTHING needs to be done as they are not harmful. I think I'll take my Docs advice over a bunch of random internet posters.

And yes, I do have an interest in the accuracy on this topic since my levels have been diagnosed in the mid 100's and I'll soon be starting TRT (although after discussion with my Doc and a lot of research I've decided to go with injections).

So what is the limit from taking healthy doses of testosterone and to abuse of testosterone.

So what is the limit from taking healthy doses of testosterone and to abuse of testosterone.

The abuse of a substance goes much past a measurable amount in your system. Abuse is more of a concept of behavior than a quantifiable usage.

Hope you'll be well and that the kids are ok. No questions.

I am on trt also. Maybe we can bring this thread back to life. Any questions?

i am on androgen patches (5mg) as a trial for low T (130 ng/dL).. i havent noticed any change apart from my eyesight became clearer

i am on androgen patches (5mg) as a trial for low T (130 ng/dL).. i havent noticed any change apart from my eyesight became clearer

Screw the patches and get some injections.

My doc is scared to. SCARED

And getting a new doctor is a pain the ass

No need to worry. T gels work just fine for most people; they're just poorly absorbed, messy, and are a general hassle.

Make sure your doctor tests your estradiol and prolactin levels. I've also been told that hematocrit tests are useful after half a year.

I assumed my T was on the low side, just had labs done ...

Free T4 .86 ng/dl
Free T3 2.98 pg/ml
Testosterone 4.39 ng/ml
Estradiol <20 pg/ml
Morning Cortisol 18.4 ug/dl

Free T4 .86 ng/dl
Free T3 2.98 pg/ml
Testosterone 4.39 ng/ml
Estradiol <20 pg/ml

How old are you?

Free T4 .86 ng/dl
Free T3 2.98 pg/ml
Testosterone 4.39 ng/ml
Estradiol <20 pg/ml

Dead in the middle of where an adult male should be.

To the guys on trt, isn't it better to cycle it as opposed to just staying on it?

Also how much is the dosage you're taking? I heard you need at least 300 to get gains.

Is the gel any good or does it suck?

TRT isn't meant to be used for anabolism or increased recovery. If you go on TRT, it's because you do not produce enough testosterone naturally to live a healthy life. Cycling it would be counterproductive because the purpose of cycling is to get your HPA axis familiar with restarting itself. TRT patients don't have a properly-working HPA axis to begin with, so it would just bring them back to feeling like shit.

So say for instance someone is 45 years old and produces an average amount for his age. Are you saying that this individual will not benefit from test?

I think you're still working under the assumption that TRT means a substantial amount of testosterone (can't blame you for thinking this; the "TRT" scandals in MMA are getting ridiculous). Everyone, even a kid going through puberty with naturally high T levels, can get performance benefits from high doses of exogenous testosterone. That dosing protocol is entirely different than the standard TRT injection dosing protocol, however. The standard TRT dose is 100mg of testosterone cypionate per week, which puts most people at around 500-600ng/dl by the end of the week. 500-600 is smack dab in the middle of the normal range for all men. The average 45-49 year old man has a testosterone level of 600ng/dl, with 70% of the population falling between 400-700. It would have marginal benefits for people on the low end of the scale, and no benefits for people on the middle end of the spectrum and up. Compare this testosterone cypionate dosage to bodybuilding and athletic dosages, which put most men into the 1500+ng/dl range. See what I mean? When athletes like Chael piss hot, it's not because of their "TRT"; it's because they're taking a fuckload of extra T in addition to what they're supposed to be taking. You can't get a T/E ratio of >6 on a true TRT dose.

You can't get a T/E ratio of >6 on a true TRT dose.

I know you're educated. I know you know you're basic human physiology (and a good bit past the basics). I also know that you know your way around the subject of T.

Because of what I know about you, this statement disappointments me greatly.

If a fucking white belt said this, I'd be going in to one of my apeshit tirades laced with expletives and creative visualizations of methods of depositing one's body parts in to crevices and orifices on one's self in which said body parts were not intended to ever be deposited. But I like you, so all I will say is that this disappoints me.

If your boys are not producing an T, they (almost assuredly) aren't producing any EpiT and the EpiT produced through the adrenals, while higher during suppression or hypogonadism, is not enough to even come close to a 1:1 ratio (even for non-abusive TRT).

I know you're educated. I know you know you're basic human physiology (and a good bit past the basics). I also know that you know your way around the subject of T.

Because of what I know about you, this statement disappointments me greatly.

If a fucking white belt said this, I'd be going in to one of my apeshit tirades laced with expletives and creative visualizations of methods of depositing one's body parts in to crevices and orifices on one's self in which said body parts were not intended to ever be deposited. But I like you, so all I will say is that this disappoints me.

If your boys are not producing an T, they (almost assuredly) aren't producing any EpiT and the EpiT produced through the adrenals, while higher during suppression or hypogonadism, is not enough to even come close to a 1:1 ratio (even for non-abusive TRT).

Doesn't T and E production drop off proportionally the same?

Anyway, here's a post from another thread:

I switched treatments three weeks ago because I was fed up of taking oral supplements which in practise give you mood changes during the day with their 4 hour half-life.In the morning I'd be exactly back at my base level and then have to take a pill at 8am, 12am and 4pm.

So I got a 2 ml shot of prolongatum last week, my levels are 871 today which means they were probably around 1600 a week ago - which would translate into a T:E of below 6:1 assuming my epi is the same as testosterone. I'm broteching here - so I'll consult with my endo and update.

I haven't turned into Super Hulk. I do feel a lot less despressed and did have a lot of fun recently with the ladies - but no Rampage 6 times a night rubbish.

Bit more horny recently but strangely don't nearly feel the need to work out as much as I did while on the oral stuff. Maybe I'm burnt out after a couple of months of an hour daily.

I'd recommend the stuff - but fertility is a worry if you don't already have kids. Get a good endo.

Back