I'm on TRT

I think you're still working under the assumption that TRT means a substantial amount of testosterone (can't blame you for thinking this; the "TRT" scandals in MMA are getting ridiculous). Everyone, even a kid going through puberty with naturally high T levels, can get performance benefits from high doses of exogenous testosterone. That dosing protocol is entirely different than the standard TRT injection dosing protocol, however. The standard TRT dose is 100mg of testosterone cypionate per week, which puts most people at around 500-600ng/dl by the end of the week. 500-600 is smack dab in the middle of the normal range for all men. The average 45-49 year old man has a testosterone level of 600ng/dl, with 70% of the population falling between 400-700. It would have marginal benefits for people on the low end of the scale, and no benefits for people on the middle end of the spectrum and up. Compare this testosterone cypionate dosage to bodybuilding and athletic dosages, which put most men into the 1500+ng/dl range. See what I mean? When athletes like Chael piss hot, it's not because of their "TRT"; it's because they're taking a fuckload of extra T in addition to what they're supposed to be taking. You can't get a T/E ratio of >6 on a true TRT dose.

Well the problem isn't that the athletes just get enough to get them back to normal levels, but that they can use up to the limit, which like only 1% of people have or something (6-1 ratio). Also, since fighters are only really being tested fight night, their levels can exceed that substantially during camp and if they were to get caught then, they'd just claim there was some issues with the doctor, and have time to get their levels down (as happened with Marquart).

However, people who get punched in the head/cut weight for a living and can have a messed up endocrine system making them more likely to need TRT.

Back