I'm starting to think Dillian Whyte can beat Anthony Joshua

Rob-G

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Sure Anthony Joshua beat Dillian Whyte, but he's really reallyyyyyy bounced back since then. If they have a rematch I think I'd have to favor Dillian Whyte to win this time around. I'd love to see a rematch happen. Dillian Whyte has surely earned a title shot by now. I'd love to see him get a Joshua Rematch or a fight with Wilder. I think he beats both!

Whyte is a good fighter. I wouldnt write him off against anyone, but I dont think he can withstand the firepower that Wilder and AJ throw.

Whyte is a banana skin for both champions. I’ve said this for a while because he hits hard, is very aggressive and is durable as fck. Add to that he has long arms and his boxing has improved. I wouldn’t favour him over either champion but he is a bigger risk to both guys than most of the other challengers, even the ones that are better boxers.
I’m not a fan but he deserves a title shot over anyone else. He’s the only guy willing to fight anyone and he’s been fcked over recently imo. I’d happily pay money to see him In with either guy. It will be Joshua though, wilder and the wbc just don’t seem to want the fight

i'm not sold on Whyte, he may be the best of the rest, but i wouyldnt think he could beat either Joshua or Wilder

he got really hurt as soon as Parker started going for it, the likes of Joshua and Wilder would go for it a lot sooner, and would have plenty of time to finish him off(see the first Joshuia fight as an example)

He didn't even beat Chisora imo

He's a couple of levels below where AJ is at, but I think he might be able to beat the shit version of Fury we saw in his last fight.

He didn't even beat Chisora imo

He's a couple of levels below where AJ is at, but I think he might be able to beat the shit version of Fury we saw in his last fight.

He definitely didn’t beat Chisora. I had Chisora by a couple.

Nah. AJ has his number. There aren't a lot of fighters as durable and aggressive as whyte tho.

I think dillian has some balance issues that are exploitable.

i'm not sold on Whyte, he may be the best of the rest, but i wouyldnt think he could beat either Joshua or Wilder

he got really hurt as soon as Parker started going for it, the likes of Joshua and Wilder would go for it a lot sooner, and would have plenty of time to finish him off(see the first Joshuia fight as an example)

I agree but I wouldn’t read too much in to his late struggle with Parker. Fatigue played its part in that 12th round and I don’t see a fight with either Joshua or wilder going as far as the championship rounds. Neither of those guys are as durable as Parker, or whyte imo. Would probably rather see whyte instead of fury for wilders next fight

I agree but I wouldn’t read too much in to his late struggle with Parker. Fatigue played its part in that 12th round and I don’t see a fight with either Joshua or wilder going as far as the championship rounds. Neither of those guys are as durable as Parker, or whyte imo. Would probably rather see whyte instead of fury for wilders next fight

it wouldnt, Joshua has already took his money shot, and Wilder would just tough it out judging on his fight again Ortiz and come on strong late(but earlier than with 90 seconds to go)

It seems you really like Whyte, but he scraped by Parker and while he had his moment, Parker is not really a guy who wants to leave it all out there after his previous losses(poor performances against both Joshua and Whyte). And he still could have won the fight.....

I like watching the guy fight, but he is never going to be the best HW in the world

Anything can happen when both guys can crack but the safe money is still on AJ.

I like Whyte but I don't see where he's improved enough to think he's better than Joshua now when he wasn't before. I'm sure it would be another good fight though.

it wouldnt, Joshua has already took his money shot, and Wilder would just tough it out judging on his fight again Ortiz and come on strong late(but earlier than with 90 seconds to go)

It seems you really like Whyte, but he scraped by Parker and while he had his moment, Parker is not really a guy who wants to leave it all out there after his previous losses(poor performances against both Joshua and Whyte). And he still could have won the fight.....

I like watching the guy fight, but he is never going to be the best HW in the world

As per my previous post in this thread I'm not a fan of Whyte, I generally cheer against him, but he has certain attributes that make him dangerous. Joshua ate a decent shot from him, but it wasn;t the same shot that hit Browne or parker, they were much cleaner connections. I definitely think he can KO both Joshua or Wilder. I've never said I think he will, but have said on here for the last year that he is dangerous for both of them and people are starting to accept that now

He still seems too easy to hit imo. He has a better chin and recovering ability than most, but that can't take you all that far when getting hit by punchers like AJ and Wilder.

Whyte is a tough fight for anyone but AJ has shown how he can take out Whyte if he needs to. I don't see enough improvement in Whyte to think that he now would be capable of beating AJ. I also think that Wilder has too much power for him but I'd still like to see that fight. Wilder seems to be very avoidant of any possibility of fighting Whyte though so I won't hold my breath.

Whyte is a tough fight for anyone but AJ has shown how he can take out Whyte if he needs to. I don't see enough improvement in Whyte to think that he now would be capable of beating AJ. I also think that Wilder has too much power for him but I'd still like to see that fight. Wilder seems to be very avoidant of any possibility of fighting Whyte though so I won't hold my breath.
Thats not accurate being that Wilder said hed fight Whyte next if they put the AJ guarantee in the contract. After that the fight was no longer discussed.

Im sure theyll tangle in the near future though. Whyte has earned his crack next year at whoever is sitting on the throne. If its not Wilder that means AJ likely beats Whyte again and its back to the contender pool for him to climb back up the ranks. Several big, exciting fights at HW coming our way.

Thats not accurate being that Wilder said hed fight Whyte next if they put the AJ guarantee in the contract. After that the fight was no longer discussed.

Im sure theyll tangle in the near future though. Whyte has earned his crack next year at whoever is sitting on the throne. If its not Wilder that means AJ likely beats Whyte again and its back to the contender pool for him to climb back up the ranks. Several big, exciting fights at HW coming our way.
That's true I forgot about 'guarantee' clause he put up. Hope he just fights him anyway as a contender.

Don't forget he rocked the f*** out of AJ in their first fight. Another might he might have got the job done. He has mad power in both hands.

But I agree with the idea that an AJ rematch would go much the same way. He's come a long way but so has Joshua.

Don't forget he rocked the f*** out of AJ in their first fight. Another might he might have got the job done. He has mad power in both hands.

But I agree with the idea that an AJ rematch would go much the same way. He's come a long way but so has Joshua.
He's improved more, Joshua's lost some aggression to concentrate on defence. Chis Ko'd Takam after all.

That's true I forgot about 'guarantee' clause he put up. Hope he just fights him anyway as a contender.
Agree. After seeing Whyte put his grit on display with Parker Im really looking forward to watching him get Wilder and AJ again at some point.

I really dont think he can avoid getting KO’d, but hell make them work their asses off in the process.

Agree. After seeing Whyte put his grit on display with Parker Im really looking forward to watching him get Wilder and AJ again at some point.

I really dont think he can avoid getting KO’d, but hell make them work their asses off in the process.
Yep Whyte always brings a good fight. Fighting either of them will be a good scrappy show.

Back