Imagine the fights we could have seen if Jon Jones had his life outside the octagon under control

TrumanBurbank

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Jon Jones Vs. Rumble Johnson at his scary peak.
Jon Jones Vs. Velasquez when he was champ.
Jon Jones Vs. Werdum after he shocked the world to beat Cain
Jon Jones Vs. Ngannou after he killed Overeem
Jon Jones Vs. Miocic after he was called the best HW ever
Jon Jones Vs. Lesnar alone would have just been the most epic build up ever.

Being an MMA fan is a nightmare if you think about it for a second.

The roided Jones wins these fights most likely too.

Non roided? Who knows?

don't really care about jon's personal life, just wish he would keep the steroid needles out of his ass

Outside of fighting didn’t really affect him. He still was dominating while all that was going on. It was the the 2 usada violations that did him in.

That would include off his magical 'dick pills' no?

We would see him get smashed by at least a few of his challengers

Jones vs Cain was a possibility? And it didn’t happen because of Jones? Did I miss something?

Cain’s injuries kept that one from becoming a reality. Jones could have moved to HW and challenged there during his pre-USADA days but chose not too.

Werdum vs Jones, Cain vs Jones and Stipe vs Jones could all have happened but didn’t and not because Jones wasn’t around to fight.

One dynamite fight we just missed was Jones vs Anderson when they both had belts.

He would be fighting Brock for a very large sum of money

I hate to say it but all the glory that DC is having right now, should have been his.

Imagine jon having to fight clean?

Loses to DC, loses to Gus. Most likely loses to Glover, Rumble, OSP.

No juice vs Gustafsson. That's a tough fight for him

Stop being so opinionated about Jones and his lifestyle outside of the cage. If a man wants to be a fucked up, substance abusing, narcissistic, pregnancy aborting, roid head, that’s his prerogative.

I still think Rumble could of been the one. Its too bad he lost interest and checked out.

You would never have even heard of him if he didn't use steroids

I hate to say it but all the glory that DC is having right now, should have been his.

No, it really shouldn't. He is a cheat who doesn't deserve the glory that DC has fought tooth and nail to earn.

When Jones came back and "beat" DC last time, he didn't call out the HW Champ...he went straight to calling out Brock Lesnar for the money fight. At least DC fought the most successful UFC HW of all time (UFC HW "GOAT" if you will) and KTFO'ed him to then call out Brock for a money fight. DC and Jones doesn't belong in the same sentence unless it's to point out how Jones had to blast steroids into his body to fight him.

Maybe, or maybe he would have been able to work his way to Championship gold in his career. Just not as an undefeated fighter (not included DQ), but more like with a record of 20-5 or something...

This can't be a serious post.

Like I've said 100 times I don't personally condone steroids I'm not blind enough not to recognise that of the 100s of fighters who have been caught for them there was only 1 Jon Jones.

This would tell anyone that's not a fool that there is obviously more to it than just steroids, steroids aren't some Superman pill, if they were Rogan and Dana could easily beat Jon's ass since they both have bragged about all the roids they've done.

This can't be a serious post.

Like I've said 100 times I don't personally condone steroids I'm not blind enough not to recognise that of the 100s of fighters who have been caught for them there was only 1 Jon Jones.

This would tell anyone that's not a fool that there is obviously more to it than just steroids, steroids aren't some Superman pill, if they were Rogan and Dana could easily beat Jon's ass since they both have bragged about all the roids they've done.
It's not just about the physical advantage. You do steroids because you don't think you're good enough without them

Pre-Usada Cain vs Pre-Usada Jones was the fight to make. Instead they gave Cain rematches with Bigfoot & JDS smh.

Jon Jones Vs. Rumble Johnson at his scary peak.
Jon Jones Vs. Velasquez when he was champ.
Jon Jones Vs. Werdum after he shocked the world to beat Cain
Jon Jones Vs. Ngannou after he killed Overeem
Jon Jones Vs. Miocic after he was called the best HW ever
Jon Jones Vs. Lesnar alone would have just been the most epic build up ever.

Being an MMA fan is a nightmare if you think about it for a second.

Almost all these fights would have been at HW. I would have loved for Jones to have moved up to HW so he could have fought these guys. However, Jones not fighting these guys wasn't about him living his life out of control. It was primarily about Jones being afraid to fight guys he didn't have a size advantage over. After all, cutting weight is an extremely uncomfortable process, and that's an understatement! For Jones to have preferred to cut weight so he could fight guys who were smaller than the guys at Heavyweight shows a certain cowardice on Jones's part.

That being said, if he had been willing to fight Lesnar, I would have absolutely have loved to see that fight! The promos building up to that fight alone would have been incredible. The fight itself could have been legendary! It would have been a war.

It's not just about the physical advantage. You do steroids because you don't think you're good enough without them

I agree they are a crutch but to suggest Jones would have been a nobody with out them is absurd. He obviously struggles with self confidence being the runt of his family (as crazy as that sounds) but he also has a lot of talent and that mental hurtel could have been dealt with using a sports psychologist as well.

Back