Impressing my coach

StarboyWayne

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I haven't been the best boxer or grapple. I am determined to be great, I love MMA. I have my good and bad days. I really wanna impress my coach, especially in my boxing. What is something that I can do to really impress my coach.

I haven't been the best boxer or grapple. I am determined to be great, I love MMA. I have my good and bad days. I really wanna impress my coach, especially in my boxing. What is something that I can do to really impress my coach.

Put a roll of quarters down your pants.
Wear Speedos.

They like that sorta thing. Impresses them.

Alternatively, learn to put your ankles behind your ears.
That should impresses anyone, every time.

Last edited:

take a boxing fight

I see this post was not taken seriously

I was gunna say suck his dick. But in seriousness a boxing match or Muay Thai match might make him think you wanna further your striking and take more interest in you.

Well no, Shin said take a boxing match and that's something that will show that you're serious about your training and have drive and ambition. It'll also cause you guys take do a lot more 1 on 1 training, where you will get better and then impress your coach.

I'd feel like a boxing match would go on record, and I don't want to lose that would be embarrassing.

Just show up consistently for a long time, put in the work and don't complain (too much). That in and on itself will make you stand out from 95% of everybody who ever walked into a gym.

I see this post was not taken seriously

It's not really a serious question.

Or rather, it's the sort of question that raises questionable questions as to the question of your priorities, viewpoint, or general outlook on life.

He's not unimpressed, he's always been cool with me, took me to waffle house and shit. He likes me cause I'm one of the youngest in our gym.
Don't be afraid to look stupid would be my advice. If you're too afraid to try, then you will never go as far as someone who is more willing to put themselves in uncomfortable situations. Tell your coach you want to improve your striking and listen to him.

I'd feel like a boxing match would go on record, and I don't want to lose that would be embarrassing.

If you fight, you may win, you may loose, but fighting and loosing is better than not fighting at all.....and thats where the respect is. Go for it man!

Just show up consistently for a long time, put in the work and don't complain (too much). That in and on itself will make you stand out from 95% of everybody who ever walked into a gym.
This.

I don't know what your experience level is, or how long you've been training for, but I gonna take a guess and say you're new. If you keep showing up to practice and keep doing your best, that will set you apart.

Don't show up late. Get there 10 to 15 minutes before training.

Listen and follow instructions.

Don't talk when he talks.

Keep practicing the techniques until he says stop. Don't stop and start having a unrelated conversation no matter how much you think you have it nailed.

Spend some time on your own drilling what he shows you the way he showed it to you.

Do all these things and you will be any trainers dream student.

He's not unimpressed, he's always been cool with me, took me to waffle house and shit. He likes me cause I'm one of the youngest in our gym.

I hadn't lost a fight in 10 years as an amateur (I hadn't fought that often either) I had a come back fight in 2015 and won on a days notice without even training. I then believed my own hype and took another fight a few months later with out training, on a days notice and got my ass beaten outta the ring in round 1. Don't worry about looking stupid, cause you can never look as bad as me getting beaten around the ring and only landing like 7 punches.

It's not really a serious question.

Or rather, it's the sort of question that raises questionable questions as to the question of your priorities, viewpoint, or general outlook on life.
upload_2018-3-7_11-34-43.jpeg

I respect the man the tried and fail, not the man that didn't try at all.

Back