Impressive Wing Chun standup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have adapted a very boxing like guard with hands up, because when I spar it tends to be with boxing gloves, but I question wether this habit is more beneficial in terms of self defence than the wing-chun positioned guard.

Before gloves were implemented in boxing, the dominant stance guard and body positioning was one more similar to that of wing-chun.
tumblr_mb29ikxSS51r5w2lto1_400.jpg

Notice how he also leans back a bit to protect his upper body, interesting stuff.

I read somewhere long ago that a lot of bare knuckle fighters, these days, have gone away from the typical "sports-boxing" high guard.

This is very similar to Yip Man and how he did his Tan Sau.
Left_IpMan.png

You are the only person even using the term "dojo" jackass. And "Bruno" for that matter. No one even knows wtf you're talking about with that.

Bottom line: Back up your false claims and experience with specific details on your training or about WC applcation, or shut the fuck up. You havent contributed anything to this thread or to the entire forums in general, and when asked specific questions about WC application and your actual experience you avoid it.

Quit pretending to know what you're talking about. Prove it.

Settle down little guy. Dojo and WC do not belong together was the point but, you would know that if you know the nature of WC. You do not and only one other person here may who trains under one of the YIP MAN lineage.

R you serious now, or are you still trolling?

R you serious now, or are you still trolling?

Serious.

The Tan Sau he did was up and flat as seen in the pic. This was due to the nature of tan sau and his stature. He knows the nature of WC. We all pay our respects to our grand master. They also lean back more in their horse stance. Notable in the forms.

Personally, if someone were to develop a TDD the way Chuck did and had a gold sash in WC, I do not think anyone stops them. You own the center, you know the nature of WC through the YIP MAn Lineage, nothing will stop you. You own the center. Anderson showed how simply a wc punch can be to stop a fighter even stepping back.

Here is another video highlighting pics with Grand Master Yip Man. People here have lied about training with the authentic lineage but, pics would be available and shown with their sifu. The problem is that, they are very selective with the lineage, and not everyone is acceptable for WC.

One guy that says he was knocking out people in a off shoot would be training punches for months before he got bored and left the system. Then, threads and hate is posted about the art but, the Sifu just out smart students not right for the art.

i read that yip man taught wing chun to make money for his opium habit, it doesn't get any more mcdojo then that and please go sparr a boxer yipmanprodigy

you did not answer my question, i visited yip mans school, he was a student of yip man, he is a master.
i played with them, easily.

now there is your amazing yip man linage,

Picc or it didnt happen.

Do you even train?

i went to the market this morning, no pics but it happened.
take pics for what, nothing to prove.

do i train, no, your the only master here, the pro fighter label is on my avatar, i fight but i dont train you fool, i just step in and hope for the best, swinging wildly.

of coarse i train, otherwise when i start swinging i would look like a wing chun dancer, rather then a muay thai fighter.

^^^This dude is obviously not asian...because he doesn't agree with dipmanphallusy

^^^ Even though I'm an advocate of fight-based wing chun...that video made me laugh.

^^^Not as good of a song, but still somewhat funny. Continues to highlight the flaws in the training method.

Last edited:
you did not answer my question, i visited yip mans school, he was a student of yip man, he is a master.
i played with them, easily.

now there is your amazing yip man linage,

Pic or it didn't happen.

i went to the market this morning, no pics but it happened.
take pics for what, nothing to prove.

do i train, no, your the only master here, the pro fighter label is on my avatar, i fight but i dont train you fool, i just step in and hope for the best, swinging wildly.

of coarse i train, otherwise when i start swinging i would look like a wing chun dancer, rather then a muay thai fighter.

No pic didn't happen.

Now you say you fight too. Pic request. Sifus in the wc lineage take pic with their students. A great indicater of lying but thanks for coming.

Lets see some pics of you...your teacher...maybe a video of you showing how you might use some of it in a live environment?

taking the cash and making the student do punches in the corner.....

Well, from what I was told its passive aggressive. Instead of saying no you turn them away indirectly. Let the student make that choice themselves. Read through the thread. Most of those who posted in here are not worthy of wc. There are tons trolling this ancient art and those who dedicated time to it. Online, many pose as tough guys. Its silly really.

i read that yip man taught wing chun to make money for his opium habit, it doesn't get any more mcdojo then that and please go sparr a boxer yipmanprodigy

My background is amateur boxing, kick boxing, and martial arts. Actually, a few childhood sparing partners have gone pro. One fought on friday night fights. He won by stoppage.

Lets see some pics of you...your teacher...maybe a video of you showing how you might use some of it in a live environment?

You couldn't agree to disagree or show class and respect at any point. Its been disrespect of the art and lineage our grand master put together. For anyone interested, I posted a link of sifus for anyone interested. It had a series of sifus all around the world trained under the yip man lineage.

You sir haven't earned the right or privilege of yip man wc. I may post a thread in the plats. There is much more class in there. When I offered the content and training we do, you disregarded it as "crap." You've shown nothing what so ever to be worthy of pics and videos.

You couldn't agree to disagree or show class and respect at any point. Its been disrespect of the art and lineage our grand master put together. For anyone interested, I posted a link of sifus for anyone interested. It had a series of sifus all around the world trained under the yip man lineage.

You sir haven't earned the right or privilege of yip man wc. I may post a thread in the plats. There is much more class in there. When I offered the content and training we do, you disregarded it as "crap." You've shown nothing what so ever to be worthy of pics and videos.

The majority of it IS theoretical crap. It's what happens when you become too far removed from live environments. That's not to say the WC system isn't valuable, as I'm one of its biggest proponents on the site. But I also have enough experience to know what works and what doesn't in actual combat...both sport and real life civilian and military alike. I don't live in a WC bubble is all. Open your mind...stop lying...and build your credibility instead of accusing others who actually do train of not training. The reason their views are different than yours IS because they train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back