IN DEPTH Review: Black Lucky Gi & FightPlanet.ca Service Review * PICS *

SOme one do a review of the new Lucky's por favor. I want to buy one

I was going to cancel the order on the 19th October but Scott from OTM said that the gi's already been sent. Today I got the tracking number and the gi's was sent on the 20th October. I paid the shipping cost for USPS EMS but he sent it by using Priority Mail International which is cheaper and slower. Can't trust this guy no more.

Scott emailed me and said sorry and promised to refund the difference in shipping cost. After all we're all one big family. Forgive and forget.

I just receved one of the new batch of 150 that they had for sale and i must say out the gate the pants are of much better quality then the canvas material pants that came w/ my white lucky that i had to end up selling because of size. and to the ts: you obviously dried the gi on a high heat setting (which all of the instructions say not to do) to get that frayed ends and burned print look.
If your trying to shrink it do it like this: give the gi an ice cold 2 and a 1/2 cup white vinager bath for 25 mins, wash the gi by itself on a warm to cold setting(i use just liquid deterant and fabric softner in a downey ball)>>dry the gi on the lowest heat setting checking on it/trying it on every 15-20 mins until it fits right.

all of the following wash / dry procedure should go like this: wash in cold, hang dry.

Uh.. don't EVER use fabric softener on a gi.

Vinegar is good, but good lord man you might as well beat it against concrete if youre gonna use fabric softener.

I just receved one of the new batch of 150 that they had for sale and i must say out the gate the pants are of much better quality then the canvas material pants that came w/ my white lucky that i had to end up selling because of size. and to the ts: you obviously dried the gi on a high heat setting (which all of the instructions say not to do) to get that frayed ends and burned print look.
If your trying to shrink it do it like this: give the gi an ice cold 2 and a 1/2 cup white vinager bath for 25 mins, wash the gi by itself on a warm to cold setting(i use just liquid deterant and fabric softner in a downey ball)>>dry the gi on the lowest heat setting checking on it/trying it on every 15-20 mins until it fits right.

all of the following wash / dry procedure should go like this: wash in cold, hang dry.

Great to hear that bro!

Uh.. don't EVER use fabric softener on a gi.

Vinegar is good, but good lord man you might as well beat it against concrete if youre gonna use fabric softener.

ive been usin it for about the past year and havent had any problems, im curious to know ur reasoning why i shouldnt have a superb smelling downy soft gi :wink:

supposedly it kills the life of the gi, I believe that bs until i got tired of my super stiff Koral gis. I used to hate my Korals because they were so scratchy. I used some downy and I shit you not, they are one my favorite gis now!!!!!

It destroys the fabric, how do you think it makes it softer? Magic?!

supposedly it kills the life of the gi, I believe that bs until i got tired of my super stiff Koral gis. I used to hate my Korals because they were so scratchy. I used some downy and I shit you not, they are one my favorite gis now!!!!!

I have used fabric softener and dried my koral Gi on high for almost three years now. I usually wash it 1-2x per week. It still looks, feels and performs awesome. It used to feel really rough but now like butter. I think it contributes to my arm bar escapes:icon_lol: All that washing in vinegar and drying and fitting every 15minutes seems like a pain.

On a side note, I think the gi sizing on the lucky's are a little funny. I like my koral a2 top because it's short in length (unlike my lucky). I am 5'9 155lbs and I swim in the lucky a1 top. The sleeve length is good but I think it is too long and the too roomy in the shoulders. I also am a fan of snug gi's. You can't beat the design on the lucky's though. Congrats on the purchase and great review.

Just got the black lucky gi today. About the built, it's not really impressive at all. And as Tyjitsu said, the jacket is too long. Design is awesome. I'd stick with HCK though.

i just got my refund for the new black one i bought, so i will share a bit about it.....jacket way too long in the skirt, sleeves too wide....it actually didn't shrink as much as i thought it would...the pants seemed like good quality, but after one wash, a small hole started to develop just above the cuff on the pants and some abrasion on the cuff of the pants....and the drawstring was strung backwards...called them and got a second pair of pants sent out....drawstring backwards on these too...for that much $ you shouldn't have to deal with this crap....sent the whole thing back for a full refund...customer service was great though, candace got everything handled very quickly...at least i am not out any money to find out this thing is not worth the hype...

Just got the black lucky gi today. About the built, it's not really impressive at all. And as Tyjitsu said, the jacket is too long. Design is awesome. I'd stick with HCK though.

YOU ARE SO LUCKY.

What shop did you buy the black lucky from AND get a refund after the 1st wash@???!

I bought my from Fightplanet.ca , their service is top notch. But their supplier for the Lucky is obviously OTMshop.

I was forwarded to OTMshop to rectify the problem, but all I got from OTMshop was some promise for new pants, but they ended up sending me an oversized OTM brand Midevil gi????

All i wanted were replacement lucky gi pants, but i didn't get it, and got brushed off.

Anyways, congrats to you, i hope the black lucky works out for you.

QUICK UPDATE:

My Black lucky gi pants have begin to fall apart. The area which was ripped on the first day of training, has now grown to about a full 1 inch tear. Also, holes have developed in multiple places on the pants. Not at seams/joints, but in random areas where it would seem very weird for holes to just appear.

I will post pictures shortly.

i just got my refund for the new black one i bought, so i will share a bit about it.....jacket way too long in the skirt, sleeves too wide....it actually didn't shrink as much as i thought it would...the pants seemed like good quality, but after one wash, a small hole started to develop just above the cuff on the pants and some abrasion on the cuff of the pants....and the drawstring was strung backwards...called them and got a second pair of pants sent out....drawstring backwards on these too...for that much $ you shouldn't have to deal with this crap....sent the whole thing back for a full refund...customer service was great though, candace got everything handled very quickly...at least i am not out any money to find out this thing is not worth the hype...

YOU ARE SO LUCKY.

What shop did you buy the black lucky from AND get a refund after the 1st wash@???!

I bought my from Fightplanet.ca , their service is top notch. But their supplier for the Lucky is obviously OTMshop.

I was forwarded to OTMshop to rectify the problem, but all I got from OTMshop was some promise for new pants, but they ended up sending me an oversized OTM brand Midevil gi????

All i wanted were replacement lucky gi pants, but i didn't get it, and got brushed off.

QUICK UPDATE:

My Black lucky gi pants have begin to fall apart. The area which was ripped on the first day of training, has now grown to about a full 1 inch tear. Also, holes have developed in multiple places on the pants. Not at seams/joints, but in random areas where it would seem very weird for holes to just appear.

YOU ARE SO LUCKY.

QUICK UPDATE:

IMO, I think OTM and FightPlanet should shape up. To date I have never had a problem with FP's services. But if I were to pay $300 for a Gi and it was FUBAR I'd be sending it back ASAP. $300 and they can't give you a replacement pair of pants. A house Gi worth $150CAD that is white in color, that is not going to match the black top, isn't gonna cut it. If you wash the Gi and it's starts to deteriorate, then there is a problem here.

Hell, for $300, it should come with a guy who ties the pants and belt for you. lol

god damit the gi is $300 candian not american......like 5 people are bashing this kimono saying its 300 usd when its not--please read the thread

that said even at 200-220 usd im shocked at how poor this kimono is

I was going to cancel the order on the 19th October but Scott from OTM said that the gi's already been sent. Today I got the tracking number and the gi's was sent on the 20th October. I paid the shipping cost for USPS EMS but he sent it by using Priority Mail International which is cheaper and slower. Can't trust this guy no more.

what a d**k! **offically blacklists OTM**

I just want to be clear that to this day FIGHTPLANETs customer service is top notch, i have no complaints about them and their service.

I've ran a retail company catering to niche markets before. It's hard for businesses to outright give refunds to customers on products that are used (in my case washed, then rolled in). Although it may be a defective material/product, i can see why Fightplanet wasn't able to offer an outright exchange; it was a limited run product.

I'm fine with Fightplanets service.... Just not so thrilled about OTMshop and how they basically shoved some oversized gi my way thinking it would be a good replacement :(

IMO, I think OTM and FightPlanet should shape up. To date I have never had a problem with FP's services. But if I were to pay $300 for a Gi and it was FUBAR I'd be sending it back ASAP. $300 and they can't give you a replacement pair of pants. A house Gi worth $150CAD that is white in color, that is not going to match the black top, isn't gonna cut it. If you wash the Gi and it's starts to deteriorate, then there is a problem here.

Back