In light of school shootings,cliques, and bullying would you Home school?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm considering Home schooling my kids for high school....well not me but my wife.

I know the math surrounding school shootings is that it probably wont happen to your kid. I guess it's just the totality of Public High school environments that is cause for parental concern.

I have a niece that says in today's high school environments it's almost normal for children to experiment with homosexuality. Cyber bullying is pretty bad to were my niece had her phone taken away and even though it stopped the taunts she was depressed about not having the phone.

I was teased for being the tall kid but never bullied. I'm thinking bullying has morphed into some kind of psychological/emotional torture for certain kids since I graduated High school 25 years ago.

Any way in light of every thing in Public education if you could afford it. Would you let the wife quit working and home school your kid?

Last edited:
I would homeschool even if there were not frequent shootings. Public education is terrible these days.

My wife and I are considering homeschooling. Our main motivation is getting away from the liberal/Marxist indoctrination in the education system.

My wife and I are considering homeschooling. Our main motivation is getting away from the liberal/Marxist indoctrination in the education system.

Like the pledge of allegiance to Marx, right? Fucking left, with a lock on indoctrination, in all places and times. Just admit it: it's easy to be top of a class of 1.

Oh god it has kids

I wouldn't home school my kid

He/She is kinda missing out on the first 18 years of their lives by you doing that

It might even cause them to be less independent and more dependent on Dad and Mom

I'm considering Home schooling my kids for high school....well not me but my wife.

I know the math surrounding school shootings is that it probably wont happen to your kid. I guess it's just the totality of Public High school environments that is cause for parental concern.

I have a niece that says in today's high school environments it's almost normal for children to experiment with homosexuality. Cyber bullying is pretty bad to were my niece had her phone taken away and even though it stopped the taunts she was depressed about not having the phone.

I was teased for being the tall kid but never bullied. I'm thinking bullying has morphed into psychological/emotional torture for certain kids over the past 25 years since I graduated High school.

Any way in light of every thing in Public education if you could afford it. Would you let the wife quit working and home school your kid?

My wife and I homeschooled our daughter for about half a year.

It's entirely doable, and it's really just a matter of the level of dedication on the part of the parents.

Before you embark on homeschooling, you and your wife should have a conversation about what you are hoping homeschooling can accomplish that other educational avenues won't be able to.

Home school is a good idea. Liberals want to ban it though. They can't indoctrinate

I wouldn't home school my kid

He/She is kinda missing out on the first 18 years of their lives by you doing that

It might even cause them to be less independent and more dependent on Dad and Mom

WELL SAY YOU HAVE YOUR KIDS INVOLVED IN SCHOOL AND CHURCH ACTIVITIES WITH KIDS THEIR AGE?

I clearly remember growing up in the eighties and how much of a drag on my day school was. and tbh to get an A or b average you basically have to homeschool your kid by sitting with them at the dinning room table for 2 to 3 hours going over the day's lesson and homework.

that's another thing I've taught my kids how to read from the bible alone. I'd hate to get all my programming questioned or even undone after a week of evolution non sense the public school system teaches as fact.

home schooling is usually like the person who represents themselves in court. They have a fool for a client.

Nope, most home schooled kids turn out to be homosexuals.

Last edited:
Home School homes are typically creepy fucking environments from what I've seen. Sheltering kids from bully peers will not protect them from bully fathers and mothers.

home schooling is usually like the person who represents themselves in court. They have a fool for a client.

Tim Tebow was home schooled...last I checked he is far more successful and wealthy then you sir will ever be.

I think schooling it important for socialization. Class sizes being what they are I think you can't count on a quality education, or even the "inspiring teacher" trope of years past, but it's good to have structure and a place where your parents don't control you. The math is incredibly against your child coming to harm, I mean, it's also possible your kid could be the shooter, if you wanna go that way. Public schooling teaches a lot of things outside of the classroom and creates and tests friendships and relationships. If one of you has a high level of skill with explanation and organization and a gift for simplifying many different subjects, maybe home school is for you. But I think in practice every parent thinks they could be a teacher, but lack the discipline and objectivity (in relation to the child) to do it. Creating an environment for learning is very hard, as many problems as I do have with the public school system. Outside of technology, the model hasn't really seen a real test/change in decades.

Home School homes are typically creepy fucking environments from what I've seen. Sheltering kids from bully peers will not protect them from bully fathers and mothers.

Bullying is an aspect but what about education? If you have a wife with a Masters Degree in Accounting(as I do) and she only has 2 pupils... don't you think that highly educated mom could provide a better education than the teacher in a Public high school with 20+ kids in each class for one hour per subject?

And why would you equate parents homeschooling to bad or bullying parents? In my estimation the Parent that sacrifices the amount of money a working spouse can generate for, retirement accounts family vacations, extra curricular activities, and basic family day to day finances to sacrifice for their kids I'd say that the motivation is love and concern not bullying.

I think schooling it important for socialization. Class sizes being what they are I think you can't count on a quality education, or even the "inspiring teacher" trope of years past, but it's good to have structure and a place where your parents don't control you. The math is incredibly against your child coming to harm, I mean, it's also possible your kid could be the shooter, if you wanna go that way. Public schooling teaches a lot of things outside of the classroom and creates and tests friendships and relationships. If one of you has a high level of skill with explanation and organization and a gift for simplifying many different subjects, maybe home school is for you. But I think in practice every parent thinks they could be a teacher, but lack the discipline and objectivity (in relation to the child) to do it. Creating an environment for learning is very hard, as many problems as I do have with the public school system. Outside of technology, the model hasn't really seen a real test/change in decades.

I think a private Christian school with very small class sizes would arguably be better than home schooling.

however to find a Christian academy with sports programs is extremely expensive. And socialization...well I don't know how much things have changed since the 80's. But I clearly remember all of my public school teachers saying "you're not here to socialize" or "stop talking" lol.

Back