In light of school shootings,cliques, and bullying would you Home school?

If you have ever met a homeschooled child you wouldn’t want your child to be homeschooled unless you were apart of a cult or a pedophile. They are amongst the weirdest people I have ever met, right up there with people who follow any form of organized religion or part of the Freemasons, etc.

If you want your child to have no social skills and fail at life homeschool them.

Yeah, a lot of people here misunderstand what "socialization" means. They think it means being popular or literally just having conversations with people.

It's much bigger than that. It's about learning the world, society, norms, etc. You learn how to deal with strangers, how to talk to friends, to mean people, nice people, quiet people. You learn the norms of group dynamics, of authority figures, peers, male-female interactions and so on.

Depriving your child of all this is pretty irresponsible.

I think overall it's a good choice to home school.
But the kid has to learn social skills from somewhere else then.

What skills would those be? Staying home and listening to mommy?
Raising goats, chickens, rabbits, and cutting wood, respect elders, minding manners, please and thank you....learning social skills at church on Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Wednesday nights.....Along with learning how to rustle jimmies on sherdog......All the things you never learned as a kid.

Last edited:
Every home schooled kid I've ever met had a weirdness about them. So much so that when you find out that they were home schooled, it all clicks like, "Ooooh now I get why you're like this".

Additionally, most parents I know can't remember half of what is taught in highschool, let alone pass that information on to another in an effective manner.

Raising goats, chickens, rabbits, and cutting wood, respect elders, minding manners, please and thank you....learning social skills at church on Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Wednesday nights.....Along with learning how to rustle jimmies on sherdog......All the things you never learned as a kid.

All of those things can be learned while still going to a regular school, no?

Every home schooled kid I've ever met had a weirdness about them. So much so that when you find out that they were home schooled, it all clicks like, "Ooooh now I get why you're like this".

Additionally, most parents I know can't remember half of what is taught in highschool, let alone pass that information on to another in an effective manner.
Tebow seems to be doing alright.
upton_original_original_crop_north.jpg

Tebow seems to be doing alright.
upton_original_original_crop_north.jpg

Hes an outlier. Tim Tebow was also fortunate to live in a state where home schooled kids can participate in high school sports so he had some interaction. There are only 11.

Hes an outlier. Tim Tebow was also fortunate to live in a state where home schooled kids can participate in high school sports so he had some interaction. There are only 11.
tim-tebow-football-players-american-photo-u30
serena-williams-tennis-players-photo-u47
blake-griffin-basketball-players-photo-u19
maria-sharapova-tennis-players-photo-u74
michael-beasley-basketball-players-photo-u4
michelle-kwan-athletes-photo-u4
bode-miller-athletes-photo-u7
jason-taylor-football-players-american-photo-u9
austin-krajicek-tennis-players-photo-u2

These people were all homeschooled at some point.

Homeschool plus some clubs to get those social juices flowing so they don't come on as uncle louis weird.

Far more kids are killed driving to and from school than are killed in shootings in school. School shootings tug on women's heart strings and make headlines, but you're incredibly stupid if you're actually worried about it.

It's important for social reasons for kids to be around other kids. Home schooling is also a huge challenge. I wouldn't consider home schooling unless my kid was having major issues in school.

There is a lot to be said for avoiding the seccularity of today's public school system.

I only knew one girl who was homeschooled growing up. Her nickname was 'hometaught'. They were an American family who moved to the neighborhood and there were rumors he was in the ku klux klan and bolted to Canada to avoid the authorities. I still remember they gave out loose jube jubes to trick-or-treaters for halloween. Weird fucks...

No, I chose not to buy into this fear culture.

The home schooled kids thought you had a weirdness about you Mr. "kill" "kill"

thing is everybody thinks they are cool, or hip, and everyone else is odd. when the truth is most humans think the same about themselves as you do yourself and consider you as you see them.....

You're posting a handful of athletes as if that somehow makes up for the tons of other weirdos.

you keep referring to homeschoolers as weirdoes..

so everyone that attends public school is a master of the social graces and a bastion of unbridled cool and charisma?

certainly you cant be that naïve

Back