Incoming Ballistic Missile to Hawaii (Update: Nah)

LOL! You're first reaction is "shit better post this in the war room". We all appreciate it, but I'd kinda hope I had something better to do.

You remind me of the Roman Pliny the elder, who ran to investigate Vesuvius. He died though

@Cubo de Sangre

I suspect one would have to live with a certain level of detachment, or at the very least ambivalence to live in Hawaii.

Everyday, you live with the understanding that at any moment, a missile from North Korea could come from above, and wipe out your whole Island community.

Or....

Everyday, you live with the knowledge that at any moment, the giant super volcano underneath you could erupted and wipe out your entire Island community.

But at least the weather is nice....

@Cubo de Sangre

I suspect one would have to live with a certain level of detachment, or at the very least ambivalence to live in Hawaii.

Everyday, you live with the understanding that at any moment, a missile from North Korea could come from above, and wipe out your whole Island community.

Or....

Everyday, you live with the knowledge that at any moment, the giant super volcano underneath you could erupted and wipe out your entire Island community.

Well shit...

LOL! You're first reaction is "shit better post this in the war room". We all appreciate it, but I'd kinda hope I had something better to do.

You remind me of the Roman Pliny the elder, who ran to investigate Vesuvius. He died though

I was doing something better when the text came through. Had my cheek on one boob and was cupping the other, contemplating what I needed to get done before the Laker game.

@Cubo de Sangre

Or....

Call me an optimist. I'm not worried some country is dumb enough to commit suicide by nuke. I also quietly hope that if it were to happen they'd be aiming for Oahu and not Big Island (and I think we're upwind :cool:).

The volcano my ass is parked on should be extinct. Lava is some other homie's problem. :)

Gotta laugh at the wife. She legit thought we were dying. Now it's a round of calls to relatives. And in typical female fashion, when shit was going down (seemingly) she spent 5 minutes choosing what to wear. I just threw on my boxers.

Funny-Animal-Laughing-Sea-Lion-Picture.jpg

LOL took em 40 minutes to send an alert telling people it was't real.

40 minutes later: JK or sike

Hmm, what's the best way to install fear and panic for that region.

Elect Bernie?

Better you than me. Go out with your dick in your hand imo.

Or in a sock.

This. What in the actual fuck. It's completely unacceptable, especially with what is happening in N Korea right now. This is WW3 shit.

Think about it. Would we give a warning if it was aimed at Hawaii??? We used Pearl Harbor and did not alert to get into ww2, so why not use Hawaii to get into ww3?

History repeats itself

They just text people when missile are coming?

That's worse than break up texts

"Missile coming, go hide :("

wtf lol

Reminds me. I told the wife I learned for next time to tell her it was a flash flood warning. What I didn't tell her was how I was gonna be in sudden and immediate need of a blowjob.
<45>
Gonna start calling blowjobs "flood practice."

It would take a fairly sophisticated guidance system for a surface launched missle to hit Hawaii -- and is Hawaii really worth the cost of a significant projectile? Seems like Hawaiians are already devestating enough to Hawaii

Any ideas why that alert got sent out?

North Korean launch tests mistaken for an attack? Or just some guy randomly sending it out to mess with everyone?

40 minutes later: JK or sike

Elect Bernie?

Or in a sock.

Think about it. Would we give a warning if it was aimed at Hawaii??? We used Pearl Harbor and did not alert to get into ww2, so why not use Hawaii to get into ww3?

History repeats itself

Not to rain on the 'illuminate did it' parade but missile tracking systems, missile defense systems and pretty much everything has come a long way since Pearl Harbor. If there was no alert during an attack it would be pretty obvious a number of preventative measures weren't utilized or had completely failed.

Basically the whole "let an attack happen to stoke the fires of war" narrative doesn't really fit this tale of some dipshit accidentally sending out a false alarm.

Did you at least take advantage of the opportunity to practice stop drop and roll?

Social experiment...

Perfect location, if PR would have still been standing they would have actually been the ones "alerted."

Did you at least take advantage of the opportunity to practice stop drop and roll?

That's for when you're on fire. You mean duck and cover?

So the story here is that some moron hit the wrong button during a shift change? Really? It's that easy?

Wrong button? Like, what the hell were they doing, that that was even a possibility? Where is this button, and why is it so easily accessible? Aren't there procedures to go through, before they even send out such a warning? What, did the "Don't Touch" sticky note fall off the button? What kind of Mickey Mouse operation are they running over there?

Back