Increased police presence in schools bad for blacks?

most of them are lol, which is why most people don't know what to do about it

And for your edification, here's an article on the subject.

School Shooters Who Are Not White: Let's Not be Blinded by the Stereotype of School Shooters - It Could be Deadly.

From the article:

When it comes to non-white shooters, there is more racial/ethnic diversity than is often realized. There have been at least eight shooters of Asian heritage.
Keep up the good work disseminating misinformation, buddy.

Here in Toronto there was a program with the police department in conjunction with the school board that put police officers permanently in certain high schools across the city (on a rotating basis). It was done in response to some rising violence in schools (including a high profile shooting where a 15 year old was shot dead) and also to build trust and goodwill between the police and the community. I know at my son's school it was a pretty nice officer, a Sikh guy with a turban, and he actually coached the soccer team.

Well BLM-TO and other professional activists got involved, and agitated against it. They said that it was racist, that it was triggering to "racialized" students and that it was a firm of surveillance. They ended the program last year. I'm not the biggest fan of the Toronto Police Services but I thought that the whole activism against it was bullshit. A big part of their MO is to make sure that the police never make inroads and build trust with communities - another example would be their successful campaign to ban uniformed police from the Pride parade.

They had officers in my school in Toronto. It was near little Jamaica here. When the cops were around, things were much more quiet. That school was rowdy as hell and had constant little gang battles outside the school, inside the school, around the school you name it. But when the cops were around, there was a semblance of order.

And for your edification, here's an article on the subject.

School Shooters Who Are Not White: Let's Not be Blinded by the Stereotype of School Shooters - It Could be Deadly.

From the article:

When it comes to non-white shooters, there is more racial/ethnic diversity than is often realized. There have been at least eight shooters of Asian heritage.
Keep up the good work disseminating misinformation, buddy.

thats why i said MOST, not ALL, learn to read before replying,Try again

thats why i said MOST, not ALL, learn to read before replying,Try again

You mean MOST shooters are white in a country which is MOSTLY white? That's shocking.

The next thing you'll be telling me is that most criminals are white or that most people in poverty are white.

BTW, the original comment I responded to said this:

All these shooters are white so they won't go anywhere near them

Dunderhead.

The link explains the problem pretty simply.

When there are cops on premises, more disciplinary issues get referred to law enforcement instead of being handled administratively. And since there's little evidence that they deter shootings the combination seems obviously questionable.

You don't get fewer shootings, instead more kids end up in criminal proceedings instead of normal school disciplinary proceedings. That's worth exploring. It's an interesting parallel to the hockey thread where aggressive punitive action there evoked the argument about if we should be less sensitive to occasional malfeasance, given the setting.

That story should be offensive to any black person reading it.

Sadly the left views blacks as children who we need to protect from bullying while the right sees them as independent adults.

Thanks to the smear campaign that is white cops out to get black people everyday in America they have trust issues with their true brethren

You mean MOST shooters are white in a country which is MOSTLY white? That's shocking.

The next thing you'll be telling me is that most criminals are white or that most people in poverty are white.

BTW, the original comment I responded to said this:

Dunderhead.
It was a joke. You really think I'm serious about arming children?

Stereotypes stink of complacency.

We are on the way to finding that out the hard way..... You can thank WSHH and Facebook for that.

Watch for the hook.

"There’s an abundance of evidence suggesting that more school security means more vulnerable students getting funneled at an early age into the criminal justice system."

this is legitimately a sad thing. sadder still because in this case like every other time, it can't be the priority.

its one of those things a democracy will likely never figure out, because it will never be a 'majority' problem.

Aye. Theres a reason you dont see mass shootings in more urban schools.
Wait, there are fewer mass shootings in places with armed cops nearby than places with nobody around for miles that could stop them?

Toronto recently made the decision to remove police from high schools because the students felt threatened.

Waiting to see the stats on how much crime rates increase.

the snowflake generation

"There’s an abundance of evidence suggesting that more school security means more vulnerable students getting funneled at an early age into the criminal justice system."

this is legitimately a sad thing. sadder still because in this case like every other time, it can't be the priority.
Either there is a problem with the law to which security applies on the students, or the students themselves are the problem.

The security can only follow the law they cant pick and choose winners that by consequence could bring an undeserved student into the criminal justice system.

Either there is a problem with the law to which security applies on the students, or the students themselves are the problem.

The security can only follow the law they cant pick and choose winners that by consequence could bring an undeserved student into the criminal justice system.

What the article references is things that a school usually handles administratively but now pushes to law enforcement because they're there.

An example might be 2 kids fighting. Under school administration, it's a suspension. But if the school pushes it to law enforcement instead then it's a misdemeanor or other criminal proceeding. Graffiti is another, administratively it's a suspension, law enforcement it's vandalism.

It's in those actions where the school has the choice of whether or not to escalate something that the presence of cops shows an impact. Instead of handling it themselves, schools opt to escalate it to the courts. Which has long term negative impacts on those students.

Bullying comes to mind also - it can be handled internally or it can be escalated to assault charges via referring it to law enforcement.

What the article references is things that a school usually handles administratively but now pushes to law enforcement because they're there.

An example might be 2 kids fighting. Under school administration, it's a suspension. But if the school pushes it to law enforcement instead then it's a misdemeanor or other criminal proceeding. Graffiti is another, administratively it's a suspension, law enforcement it's vandalism.

It's in those actions where the school has the choice of whether or not to escalate something that the presence of cops shows an impact. Instead of handling it themselves, schools opt to escalate it to the courts. Which has long term negative impacts on those students.

Bullying comes to mind also - it can be handled internally or it can be escalated to assault charges via referring it to law enforcement.
Good point, but arent there laws
differentiating juvinile and adult?

Maybe they need updating? It seems odd to give an assault charge to kids outside of school but if they fight in school they get it knocked down.

This. Not to mention we already have way too many people in jail/prisons compared to other country by like an order of magnitude. This will just increase it and cost lots of money.

That said I went to a very violent school in east LA in the 80s half Latino half black and they were needed. Tough issue no right answers. Maybe don't jail them except for most violent crimes and cops are taught handle discipline like admin would.

Thats kinda how they did handle it. Like people fought all the time but unless someone got stabbed or shot no one went to jail. But in todays "zero tolerance" culture that doesnt happen

Last edited:
It’s a Huffington Post article, of course there’s race baiting

When race-baiting is this obvious, can you even call it baiting?

GTFO op

They should go all 21 Jump Street, get some 30 somethings who look like kids

Back