Indian Air Force wants out of fighter program with Russia

I imagine they're going to have a very pissed off maintenance crew because of the different parts and designs they must work with. On top of that, combat readiness is going to be shit.

well we use to have a muli-aircraft carrier wing, F-18, the glorious F-14 and A-6....

Now we will have f-35s and F-18s

well we use to have a muli-aircraft carrier wing, F-18, the glorious F-14 and A-6....

Now we will have f-35s and F-18s
The manufacturing standard and part commonality is the norm in US, whereas Indian will be operating Russian, European and American planes. That's three different set of logistical nightmares.

The manufacturing standard and part commonality is the norm in US, whereas Indian will be operating Russian, European and American planes. That's three different set of logistical nightmares.

fair enough, pretty sad how shitty the pak-fa and j-20 are turning out to be. The media really makes those 2 plane sound like macross Veritech fighters

The is B and A operational in the united states..

Operational testing was to continue aboard USS Abraham Lincoln for the C model with the first deployment is scheduled aboard USS Carl Vinson in 2020ish might be sooner.

there is also rumors of a F-35D being studied and evaluated for the USAF which uses the larger wings of the C and has some very....interesting features including a pretty unique engine
I believe it was Pierre what's his face from the F-16 on TV who viciously shit talked the F-35 for the short wings and lack of maneuverability.

fair enough, pretty sad how shitty the pak-fa and j-20 are turning out to be. The media really makes those 2 plane sound like macross Veritech fighters

I still think the t-50 will be the better plane compared to the j-20. Russia actually designed it instead of copycatting like china did.

I still think the t-50 will be the better plane compared to the j-20. Russia actually designed it instead of copycatting like china did.

well the engines are still not complete its in LRIP i believe

T-50-11 and 12 are the final production versions.

they currently have 12 Su57s flying around. There should be a Su-57N getting ready for production as well. Well sorta, i think the AL-41F engines are still not completed testing

Honestly they should have went with the Su-47 gold eagle design which actually was a true F-22 hunter.

@DesignedFailure its gonna be getting some new engine called the izdeliye 3

Last edited:
that will be a very intresting carrier aircraft wing, mig-29s, Rafael and F-35s? fuck that sounds like a sexy wing
whoever is in charge of procurement and logistics is going to kill themselves. 3 completely different aircraft with no similarities in avionics, weapons, engines etc, inter-operating in a single CV? thats a nightmare.

whoever is in charge of procurement and logistics is going to kill themselves. 3 completely different aircraft with no similarities in avionics, weapons, engines etc, inter-operating in a single CV? thats a nightmare.

well seems like they are getting more into the nato/US market and phasing out the russian/Warsaw pack weapons

It's not logistics they care about, it's stealing everyone's tech and eventually building their own. They'll have some of the best Ruski Euro American tech to screw around with.

well the engines are still not complete its in LRIP i believe

T-50-11 and 12 are the final production versions.

they currently have 12 Su57s flying around. There should be a Su-57N getting ready for production as well. Well sorta, i think the AL-41F engines are still not completed testing

Honestly they should have went with the Su-47 gold eagle design which actually was a true F-22 hunter.

@DesignedFailure its gonna be getting some new engine called the izdeliye 3

Sometimes simpler is better. The US spent a million if I recall right for a pen to write in space. The Russian's just used a pencil.

I think the US is a head on stealth tech. But I am sure Russia and China are not very far behind .

Mig 141 was best cheaper option, with likely good 3rd party sales potential.

They should have build the smaller cheaper plane first.

It's not logistics they care about, it's stealing everyone's tech and eventually building their own. They'll have some of the best Ruski Euro American tech to screw around with.
Good luck with. They can’t even make a domestic rifle without fucking it up. Indian r&d could ruin a wet dream

Indian air force. Lol, oh come on.

whats wrong with the indian airforce?

pretty well rounded airforce and they also are planning on getting F-16 Block 70s or gripens (these will phase out the mig-21s and 27s)

also LCH helo is very impressive

This common for people to rip on the US but the reality is already proven them wrong time and time again. I pointed this out about the Russia and India co-development deal that Russia planes especially 5th generation lack the far more advance avionics that US and European fighter planes have and that the F-35 is a far better solution. People don't pick this up the F-35 is a complete 5th generation solution where the Russian's lack the very advanced electronics and computational power in the F-35. Near future versions of the F-35 could become fully autonomous that's something you would never be able to do with Russian solutions. This being said there is still a lot of work left on finishing the operational flexibility the F-35's goal is to achieve.

Back