Infestation of Robocalls

NinjaSkillZ

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Why does it seem like majority of them come from one part of the world?

Its gotten to the point where if i dont know you, im not answering.

Also, tmobile has a feature that tells me a number is spam likely but want to charge me extra to not recieve those calls at all, Fucking ridiculous.

Pretty sure a good chunk of them are from all the malware on sherdog. Those redirect ads that know your exact model of phone that many of us were grtting.

They need to force the phone companies to come up with a caller ID system that can't be hacked. Every call should have a caller ID so the person being called can tell who is actually calling. They can spoof a number and send police to someone else's home.

I don’t know why, but it seems likely me starting in 2015 or 2016, I started getting a shitload of these when I used to only get one or two every year. Now, I get at least two every day.

Apparently it is because the technology used to make these calls has decreased in price in the past few years, making it much easier for people to do it.

I'm calling about your extended car warranty...

I'm calling about your credit card, there isn't an issue we just....

This type of shit should be illegal, I can't even block the calls. They change their number every time they call.

This type of shit should be illegal, I can't even block the calls. They change their number every time they call.

And the number they use is actually someone else's number. That's what I was saying about spoofing. They are more brazen because it's much more difficult to catch them.

And the number they use is actually someone else's number. That's what I was saying about spoofing. They are more brazen because it's much more difficult to catch them.

Exactly, I called numbers back twice and got a random person and a business.

According to the robocalls, IRS is gonna throw my ass in jail.

Never got a single one.
But then again I live in a first world country.
This sounds like a Nigeria problem

For me they seem to have picked up DRAMATICALLY.

I never, ever answer my phone any more. If it's legit and important they will leave a voicemail

Pretty sure a good chunk of them are from all the malware on sherdog. Those redirect ads that know your exact model of phone that many of us were grtting.
I set up a new computer recently and saw so much shit the default settings wanted to share with whatever website I visited. You have to turn off a lot of that shit.

On some phones like Samsung, there is a setting to only allow calls from contacts. Or there are apps that do the same thing. Its better to use an apps that doen't have internet permission otherwise it could be harvesting your contacts (check f-droid instead for one).

The only problem I can think of is businesses like banks will have trouble calling you.

I've been saving those under "trash", so far I've saved around 18 of those numbers.

And you gotta answer them too, because otherwise they leave a damn voicemail. Then you gotta call the voicemail to delete it.

Back