Inheriting male pattern baldness in layman's terms

Eusung

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The dominant MPD chromosome is the X chromosome inherited from your mother. So that plays a big factor.

However, your father still plays a role too. It's a mix of your father and mother's genes that determine whether or not you will get MPD.

So basically, if your mom's father and brothers are all bald, there most likely you will too...BUT, there is still hope if your father and his father have a full head of hair.

So mom's genes are a bigger determining factor than father's....but both play a role.

Is this correct, to the experts here? Or am I getting something wrong?

Why don’t you ask this on a hairstylist forum?

Baldness runs in both sides of the family so I'll eventually have some form of it. My widow's peak area is sharper now since I was a kid but I still have an unusually think head of hair. Being prematurely gray runs in my dad's side and 1% of my hair is white.

I am pretty sure your dad's side of the family has more to do with your hairline than your mom's.

The dominant MPD chromosome is the X chromosome inherited from your mother. So that plays a big factor.

However, your father still plays a role too. It's a mix of your father and mother's genes that determine whether or not you will get MPD.

So basically, if your mom's father and brothers are all bald, there most likely you will too...BUT, there is still hope if your father and his father have a full head of hair.

So mom's genes are a bigger determining factor than father's....but both play a role.

Is this correct, to the experts here? Or am I getting something wrong?

You're right. A son broadly retains characteristics of the maternal grandfather and daughters broadly retain those of the paternal grandmother.

You're right. A son broadly retains characteristics of the maternal grandfather and daughters broadly retain those of the paternal grandmother.

Do you got a source?

I ain’t bald. That’s all I care about.

My Mother went grey at 16. I also started going grey at 16. My Dad was balding by 25/26. I'm doing well for 27.

Hoping that means my hair sticks around until I'm in my early 40's at least. Don't wanna go Joe Rogan yet.

<DCrying>

Joe Rogan, Dana White, and Matt Serra all got bald very young, I wonder why.

Joe Rogan used to be a really good looking guy at UFC 12. What HAPPENED??

hqdefault.jpg

MV5BMWJlZjJiODItZjYxYy00ZGExLTg4MjYtMDkzZTRkNTFhYmMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDY3OTcyOQ@@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

He trains kickboxing and BJJ daily and he eats healthy diet too...lean elk steak, kale, coconut oil, ginger, and all sorts of vitamins. You'd think he'd age like Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt.

Last edited:
I am in my 40s and have a full head of salt and pepper hair. My brother is a few years younger, no grey, but balding . Only way to really tell is absolutes...if everyone on both sides are bald, you probably will as well. Same with graying. Otherwise there is no guarantee. People that are going to go bald usually start seeing it in their 20s, which is kinda fucked up.

Being bald only matters if you have a micro penis. If you can make your woman squirt nautical left at approximately 1-3ft she will forever be in love with you

It doesn't matter. Just don't be fat

Do you got a source?

No, that was from an evolutionary psychology part of a degree 20 years ago, I could do a brief search though. Specific key aspects being dominant, the best examples being height, hair and immune system IIRC

Joe Rogan, Dana White, and Matt Serra all got bald very young, I wonder why.

Joe Rogan used to be a really good looking guy at UFC 12. What HAPPENED??

hqdefault.jpg

MV5BMWJlZjJiODItZjYxYy00ZGExLTg4MjYtMDkzZTRkNTFhYmMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDY3OTcyOQ@@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

He trains kickboxing and BJJ daily and he eats healthy diet too...lean elk steak, kale, coconut oil, ginger, and all sorts of vitamins. You'd think he'd age like Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt.
how exactly do you think he's aged poorly? he looks great for 51

I'm bald and proud of it. It's a sign of strength.

z69cg.jpg

how exactly do you think he's aged poorly? he looks great for 51

From an athletic standpoint he looks great.

But he's got that Tito head thing going. How does one's head get bigger after 30?

From an athletic standpoint he looks great.

But he's got that Tito head thing going. How does one's head get bigger after 30?
He got a lot more buff tho, and his dome is nowhere near Tito levels.
Also yeah, I can testify for "looking a lot like your mom's dad" thing. I am very similar to my granddad with slight influence from father's male line.

Dammit. My daughter is going to be a terrible driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back