Insane Indy Car crash - by a 17-Year-Old GIRL?!?

I'm still stuck on the how.

Literally how could she do that???

She hit the right side barrier. Breaks malfunctioned or she didn't break after that.
So she hit the car in front at a much faster speed. At an unfortunate ankle so she lifted off.

It looked like she was trying to overtake some cars and she went over the red and white lines.

That was crazy she actually survived that is a miracle she flew like a missle right through that purple banner

Looked like Damon Killian at the end of The Running Man.

She was going way to fast for that corner. She's lucky she didn't kill someone, or herself.

I’m not saying 17 year old girls are good drivers. They aren’t. I have one. But young boys are way worse. They think they are experts the day they get licensed and drive way too fast. That’s lasts all the way through their early 20s until they realize after several accidents and really high insurance to slow the fuck down.

She had some success in F4 already. I think she was the first woman to get a podium and fastest lap.
Not sure she would have made it to F3 without the sponsors behind her. But that is nothing unusual for male drivers.
She is qualified for F3 but that probably is where it ends talent wise.

I have seen a bit of her because Michael Schumacher's son drove F3 this year as well.

Likely, she just lost the ride for the next 10 female prospects looking to break in.

Likely, she just lost the ride for the next 10 female prospects looking to break in.

I don't think this crash was actually her fault. This looks more like a technical issue on the car. Also, the video is very short.
The guy driving in the car behind her said that he saw "yellow flags" before the crash.
That would point towards an issue from the organizer.

But who knows I guess they will find out.

I went to school with a professional driver, and he said that if you're not some sort of karting phenom by like 12, moving into these cars into your teens you'll never make it to F1.
F1 only wants the best yong phenoms, so 17 driving F3 isn't that unusal probably comes from an extremely wealthy family and been karting her whole life and it trying to go to F1. Nothing can be determined from this video

Its Sherdog though isn't it.

I’m not saying 17 year old girls are good drivers. They aren’t. I have one. But young boys are way worse. They think they are experts the day they get licensed and drive way too fast. That’s lasts all the way through their early 20s until they realize after several accidents and really high insurance to slow the fuck down.

I like to say that young boys are good drivers who drive badly.

Young girls are bad drivers who drive well.

Of course this is a gross over generalization as there are great female drivers and bad male ones, but amongst the masses that generalization is true.

Young boys often have great driving skills but just do not exhibit any road decorum and drive way to fast and aggressively for the situation around due to overconfidence in their ability to react. I was one of them as I am sure many of you were.

Young girls typically are tentative and scared and do not have the same level of skills but they drive 'by the book', and there fore have few incidents, but should an incident occur they have little ability to adapt and deal with it beyond just slamming on the breaks.

She should be banned

Amazed she didn't kill anyone with her shit driving

How about pumping the breaks a little
Girl has more talent in driving alone than you do in anything and everything combined.

The crash wasn't her fault. There was another collision you cant see in the videos, which caused her to lose complete control of the vehicle. She was just a passenger along for the ride before the collision that caused her to go airborn.

I don't think this crash was actually her fault. This looks more like a technical issue on the car. Also, the video is very short.
The guy driving in the car behind her said that he saw "yellow flags" before the crash.
That would point towards an issue from the organizer.

But who knows I guess they will find out.

Wikipedia already has something on it!

During the main race, on Lap 4, she made contact with fellow driver Jehan Daruvala, who was reportedly slowing for erroneously-displayed yellow flags on the straight between Mandarin Corner (Turn 3) and Lisboa Bend (Turn 4). This caused her car to spin round out of control, catapulting her into Lisboa Bend at high speed, launching off Sho Tsuboi's car and through the catch-fencing in the process.[9][10] Flörsch was reported as conscious post-crash and was hospitalised along with Tsuboi, two photographers and a marshal.[11] She was later diagnosed with a spinal fracture, for which she is scheduled to undergo surgery for on 19 November.[12]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_Flörsch

17 still seems young to race a "probably" non-powersteered faster race car.

Was gonna make a woman drivers amiriteguys? Joke but after watching that vid it seems in poor taste. Honestly shocked everyone survived that. Even video game avatars would die from that crash.

Looked like Damon Killian at the end of The Running Man.

Who loves you and who do you love!!

FINGERPOINT.gif

Wood, unless I'm in one of the states with 18 as the age of consent, in which case she's just a child and I've never even thought about it.

Back