Inspiration...

Unr8dBJJ

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hey guys,

When I started training I went to my first class and though I knew enough about the terminology about the positions, I was quickly corrected I knew nothing. Loved it though, I continued because it was fresh, new and great to build such a strong bond with my teammates. My drive then was to continue because I was in the best shape of my life and every class was new or engaging. I competed and went to seminars and engaged myself fully into the BJJ lifestyle but my only inspiration to continue on was because it was a great way to work out.

So I've been back to training the last couple weeks, getting some weight training in and cardio as well. I had been sidelined since January with a life threatening illness. I've overcome that illness and have now regained the energy and motivation to start training again and really throw myself into it but my inspiration has completely evolved into something more.

My inspiration is to travel the globe and train and compete with all of you and the ever growing community of BJJ. I find myself driven more than ever because it almost didn't happen and I know that's a common claim from people that may have been in my situation but I believe BJJ is pushing me beyond my desire to just travel and compete but it drives me at work to achieve stability for my family so I can do that and not take away from their luxuries or desires. It's driving me to help others find their goals and passions in activities. I can't explain the feeling, I understand the reason why. Live your life, be grateful while you can, every cliché you may know, etc. It's true people, but I can't explain the feeling this drive is giving me. I want to know if anyone else has even encountered this, when you started, did something happen, have you achieved your goal or are you still chasing it.

I just wanted to know what's your inspiration?

Most people will dismiss this as trolling.
Most people do not know why they get out of bed every day. Most people go through the day to day routine with no why. Find your why and jump out of bed.

I'm not sure how traveling and competing will provide for your family. But I do know making a difference in people's life can provide a fantastic and worth while living.

Good luck. Keep us posted. Maybe start a vblog or podcast. Could be able to get enough followers and sponsors to make a living.

I ran a half marathon to help me lose weight because I'd gotten really out of shape.

When I finished the half, I immediately thought "never again."

I needed to find something that was exercise, which I could trick myself into doing. I decided to try BJJ and was immediately hooked.

Most people will dismiss this as trolling.
Most people do not know why they get out of bed every day. Most people go through the day to day routine with no why. Find your why and jump out of bed.

I'm not sure how traveling and competing will provide for your family. But I do know making a difference in people's life can provide a fantastic and worth while living.

Good luck. Keep us posted. Maybe start a vblog or podcast. Could be able to get enough followers and sponsors to make a living.

I didn't mean provide for my family through jiu-jitsu and travel. I meant this drive I have pushes me to excel at work so I can provide for my family, so I can travel and do jiu-jitsu without putting their financial stability at risk. Not intended to troll anyone. I legit have found new life and I plan on embracing as much positive influence from it as possible. Just wanting to hear similar stories or influences.

Back