Integrated Sports Media reached a deal with DAZN to distribute its programming in establishments

And since you’re blatantly unaware, MLB.tv is already equipped with the same exact “red zone feature” DAZN signed on for. YOU may not be able to sit through a whole baseball game, but hardcore baseball fans will most definitely already have MLB.tv and DAZN’s deal will do absolutely nothing to entice new subscriptions to spend an additional paywell for the same content.

Last edited:
I think the NFL will opt out of the Direct deal after 2019. The cable package IDK who will win the bid but I really think DAZN will make a big offer for the streaming rights

The price they'd have to pay for those rights there is no way in hell the end user will be paying $10 a month for it.

Though it probably is the one contract that could cement them into the American landscape moving forward. Right now they are basically a combat sport channel. Which is fine but not sure it's enough to be sustainable long term when your handing out 100+ million dollar contracts left and right. Great now that you got investors kicking in, but if they aren't getting paid back they'll dry up quickly. Seem like everything they have done in the last year is all looked at as a 3 to 5 year plan to see if they can become sustainable in America.

I love the concept but I'm just not sure there is enough combat sports fans in America to support the platform long term. Plus when your pulling these events onto an exclusive streaming service it makes me wonder how much time someone like ESPN who competes in the streaming department will spend time on those orgs/sports and what kind of long term effect that will have on many different levels.

Last edited:
The price they'd have to pay for those rights there is no way in hell the end user will be paying $10 a month for it.

Though it probably is the one contract that could cement them into the American landscape moving forward. Right now they are basically a combat sport channel. Which is fine but not sure it's enough to be sustainable long term when your handing out 100+ million dollar contracts left and right. Great now that you got investors kicking in, but if they aren't getting paid back they'll dry up quickly. Seem like everything they have done in the last year is all looked at as a 3 to 5 year plan to see if they can become sustainable in America.

They are going to lose a shitload of money the next few years
NFL would be idiotic to sign anything with a company that might not be around

DAZN are making moves
Nobody knows if the moves will work though

Hopefully they do

DAZN has also agreed to with MLB. Have cut ins and a weekly show. Down the road I believe they will get the US streaming rights to the NFL
I am not sure they will ever get the NFL rights.

Fox paid over $3 Billion for Thursday Night Football.

I honestly question your knowledge of mainstream sports and their costs for exclusivity. And your naivety of DAZN’s potential is almost insulting to the average intelligence of a casual sports fan.

I’m not knocking DAZN, but they’re a literal fucking nobody comparatively speaking in the US and will never have any exclusive streaming rights to any of the big 4 sports here. Maybe a few hockey games five years from now lol. That’s the nonsense you were trying to insinuate.
They aren’t capable of what Amazon does?

And since you’re blatantly unaware, MLB.tv is already equipped with the same exact “red zone feature” DAZN signed on for. YOU may not be able to sit through a whole baseball game, but hardcore baseball fans will most definitely already have MLB.tv and DAZN’s deal will do absolutely nothing to entice new subscriptions to spend an additional paywell for the same content.
I do know about MLB TV that only does it 2-3 times a week

Back