Interested in Canelo vs GGG 3?

cottagecheesefan

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Didnt ses a thread on this. No additional sources, but this IG account has been accurate before. Makes sense with canelo on dazn and HBO (ggg) being done with boxing. It would sell their platform hard, tho piss off users if they add an additional, PPV like charge to it.

I like it, especially if Canelo wins, which will let the division move on. Not too many other matches, as i dont see canelo staying at 168. He is fighting a nobody as an easy pay day.

Well, i don't think anything is close to 100% done. I do think GGG to DAZN may be close with that a guarantee but don't think it's done.

Yes there's interest. But Charlo and Jacobs make for interesting fights for both of them

Well, i don't think anything is close to 100% done. I do think GGG to DAZN may be close with that a guarantee but don't think it's done.

Yes there's interest. But Charlo and Jacobs make for interesting fights for both of them

I am a fan of Jacobs, but has failed to generate much excitement for himself. He is like the anti-Tyson Fury. Both he and Fury unfortunately seem to fight to the level of the opposition and have great comeback stories. Not sure why, but Fury's story has sold and Jacobs' story has not. Maybe that is HW vs smaller weights, or English vs UK support. To surmise, he isn't that marketable and is a big risk. I would love to see Jacobs fight both tho.

Also, I forget, did Jacobs sign with DAZN?

Charlo is interesting, but PBC, not sure how they are with DAZN. Charlo also would help his case if he looks great in his upcoming fight.

Ill definitely watch it again.

But, I think Canelo beats the brakes off of him if they do. Golovkin doesnt have anything further for him, and father time will come calling at some point.

So many rematches make me want them to fight other people.

This is an excellent matchup, but the dynamics of a third fight make it a little too predictable. Let's spread the Canelo paychecks to more boxers.

Ill definitely watch it again.

But, I think Canelo beats the brakes off of him if they do. Golovkin doesnt have anything further for him, and father time will come calling at some point.

Clenelo is much more technically proficient than GGG in that he can adapt, not to mention packing a hefty punch himself. Even if GGG was the same age as Canelo I think he would be beaten for that fact alone.

Agree that if there was a next time it would at least be a much clearer win for Canelo.

nah not unless GGG fights some good opponents (like Brant or Jermall) in between and shows something new and looks fresh, otherwise, I fear it will be a Canelo stoppage this time.

I'd watch but there are other fights I'd like to see both involved in.

Both fights were great. I'd still be excited to see it again tbh. I think Canelo will take the third more comfortably, as GGG is aging and that last bout was very physically gruelling, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion given how close the last two were.

A third fight generates a ton of money and would probably be another great fight, so yeah, it makes some sense. Still, I think I'd rather see both of them fight other opponents more for the time being.

If it’s on DAZN I’ll watch but won’t order PPV or go out to a bar. I’m just not that interested. I’ve seen it twice and think GGG won both times so the matter of who is best is settled for me.

If they meet a third time I’d have to go with Canelo just based on his youth. The next time out GGG, no matter who he fights, is going to look like and old, old man.

No, not really. I think GGG already gave too much in the first two fights for a man his age; he's got a lot of wear and tear on him especially considering his deep amateur career. While I don't necessarily believe Canelo stops him in a 3rd meeting. my bet is he looks slow, hittable and on the whole pretty bad if they run it back again.

Though in my ideal timeline Golovkin flatlines him, vacates and then rides off into the sunset on the biggest payday of his career while we get a WBSS middleweight tournament to decide the new king.

I don't think Canelo wants to be down 3 in the public eye .

Bad idea for GGG in my opinion. He isn’t fast enough to hang with Canelo , and time is not on his side. He is just gonna take more damage next time....

who wants to see Canelo beat GGG three times in a row?

Let us guess... GGG will do “Mexican style” again and just flick range finding jabs in the 1000’s and his fans cheer 1/6 landed from those and say Canelo didn’t do anything aside from the real Mexican landed the real shots.

Next. Canelo will never get credit because guys like Aries stroke it to GGG all the time. I mean, GGG is the GOAT doe!

Back