Interested in potential Moderator position sometime in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been here for a while but have only really been active for the last 2-3 years. Recently I have found myself coming back here a lot more and have been a lot more active - it seems I am getting more attached to this place as time goes on. I mostly am active in the heavies.

With the terrible news of Shonuf passing away, I figured that you guys would probably be looking for a few guys in the future to somewhat fill the void. Just here to let you know that I am willing to dedicate myself to a position if given the chance, I am not asking, merely letting it known that I would embrace the responsibility.

I am excellent at writing all around and have been my whole life - I'm capable of writing interesting articles and general mma analysis or anything of that nature that would be contributing to the community. Also very level headed, I've been in many sticky situations in the forums and honestly know that I handle myself better than most people as I keep a very open mind and use critical thinking as a tool to intelligently and civilly assert opinions or facts. Many have complimented the quality of my posts and the presence I bring into debates or disagreements in general. Perhaps one of the more rarer qualities I possess is the sincere willingness to admit when I am wrong and let others know that their posts do indeed have the power to change my perspective on things if reasonable. I will never be afraid of being wrong, I am human.

Other than that I have made many topics - some simple but a good many of them article-quality and people seem to enjoy those as well. I enjoy making them as I have a passion for the sport of mma like no other sports or entertainment product.

I tried to be humble while telling you about myself but I also remain confident that if ever given the opportunity to be more involved in the community I know I would be good at it.

Just food for thought - If it's terrible idea and will never happen that's okay. But I wanted to let you guys know it's a tempting venture for me.

one question tho, why isnt the Lost Horizon logo in your av?
<LatsRickStory>

Wait, Shonuf passed away? I missed this newz my sincere condolences to his family & friends never had much interaction with him although I did pm him once with a question to which he never replied and called him a piece sh!t under my breath it was a honest question that deserved a reply, I take that back now.

As for potential Mod position seek out someone with longevity on Sherdog and not some popular Johnny come lately with a fan following, someone who respects mma & people of all races & sex, just my two cents...

Yeah, but, you suck though, in every possible way.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to vote no on this. You're not mod material.

haha thanks for your honesty

I disagree though, but really do not have that much invested in this just here for them if they ever start looking. Many people just simply don't know me or how awesome I am. For fucks sake, my username is THUCKEY p>

I'm AM mod material - just not active in off topic or chat with many members, I post pretty much exclusively in the heavies. I know I am because I've been moderator on sites before and the communities (now dead unfortunately) have always respected and enjoyed me as a poster all around. I'm also not a complete stuck up fancy poster I have a over the top sense of humor I show sometimes here but I know I can come off as pretentious with the way I post all "Seriously"

It's not like me to just randomly ask for something like this but I do like to let you know that I am committed to this site, the community, and I am capable as hell if you guys ever start looking for assholes like me with no life that can do what little I can to make this place a little better.

Just know that I will always be there in your back pocket if the need ever arises. I like this place.

Just know that I will always be there in your back pocket if the need ever arises. I like this place.
dude...asking to be a mod has only gotten one poster here in blue... @EOW ...

dude...asking to be a mod has only gotten one poster here in blue... @EOW ...

Not asking per say.. more like just putting myself on the radar.

I know I'm not active enough or buddies with enough people here, so if I continue to be active I'll just establish myself more so people can truly get to know me.

I genuinely care about the community overall and love to contribute.

The road to modship is a dark and twisted path

I'm clearly next in line for modshop bro

Keep it on the level in Support, lads – you know the drill. Thuckey has made his point.

All be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back